I liked the season ending, was satisfying, I think going forward it will be a bit more about him and nt him AND baby yoda as the little cutie really stole the show, was not a fan of the cgi luke but otherwise fine with how it played out, furst episode of next season will be a banger, maybe they will retake or at elast attempt to take Mandalore, I always thought it would be some background lore for Bo from the cartoon stuff i never got into but thise episode combined with the feaighter one is tipping me over.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    The Mandalorian had feelings ! How precious was that? I didn't mind the end. I would like for it to come back next year, but I think they doing a Boba Fett spin off?]
    There are two camps right now:
    1) Book of Boba Fett is a new series or mini series.
    2) Book of Boba Fett is The Mandalorian season 3.

I really don't care which it is.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I’d be ok with either but i think Boba Fett will be a spin off. There is too much of Din’s story left to tell. We need to see how the darksaber stuff plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    you mean you dont take the word of some loudmouth youtuber who says shit for the views and ... "deadline"
    Deadline didn't even report on that. They reported that Boba Fett would get a spin-off about a month ago, and that it would be filming before Mando S3. The Book of Boba Fett appears to be that spin-off.

Plus, Brendan Wayne, the principal stuntman in Mando's suit, said that Pascal would return and to not believe everything you read, which seems like a pointed rebuke of the Randolph rumors: https://www.instagram.com/p/CI8mBmuJ..._web_copy_link
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    The contra reporting of the leaks Randolph and Deadline did is largely seen to be 'damage control' after the first leaks about the BTS drama came out. And the cast has continued to be vague on details that were brought up initially on that BTS situation. But the production crew is wrapped up, which means in the industry, there was more than likely truth to the leak that is not reported in consumers outlets like Screenrant vs. trades and insider outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    One droid, barely making it, only thanks to beskar spear he got from a girl who got it from a girl.

But if you are talking about Luke - come on, he's a Jedi. I wouldn't mind Ahsoka dealing with them in the same way - I've seen it in Clone Wars.
    So...my point: It's ok for Jedi(male or female) to go crazy badass because it's established. That's what I saw happen with Bo and her sidekick, Shan, and Dune. I really don't think there was anything else there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I hadn’t even realized it was a “girl power” team/scene, tbh. My only gripe was, after showing how much of a complete badass Boba Fett is in the previous reveal episode of him, he nearly got his ass handed to him by some sidekick nobody (Koska Reeves), who happened to be a woman. That kinda felt like a forced “girl power” moment.

Definitely rolled my eyes.
    I figured that was mostly just that Boba is a bit older and maybe a little rusty in his armor. Whereas he's up against a younger Mando who's sharp. If anything, it was mostly that I think Boba was caught a bit off guard. If the fight had continued, I think he'd have turned the dials up. Whether or not Sidekick Mando could keep up is unknown.

I think it might have also been just a little bit of establishing the power level of that character, so that later feats would be more believable. Can go up against Boba, a legend? Check. Power level established.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Boba is not a Mandolorian though. He's just a clone and a bounty hunter, great at the latter. Koska is supposed to be a seasoned Nite Owl Mandolorian- straight-up warrior culture actively fighting a guerilla war.

I think that scene was more to show off the actor, Mecades Vernado (aka WWE Wrestler Sasha Banks) physicality and communicate the True Mandalorians are quite capable. Later on, in the same episode, Koska and Din own a bunch of troopers effortlessly as well. Which I think was again, putting the Nite Owls on the same level as Boba, Din, and Fennec. .
    Yup. Very much this.

The Mandalorian has been noticeably bereft of virtue signaling. I think we've grown accustomed to seeing it everywhere in other media, so I think it's very reasonable that it might appear that way when that wasn't actually the intent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Gideon is a little like Thrawn. He plans meticulously and considers every piece of information. I'm not sure why you'd assume he didn't know the Darksaber wouldn't penetrate Beskar. Thing is, it's probably still better to tackle Din in close combat, where they are somewhat equally matched, opposed to a gunfight, where Din had the clear advantage. He might have been playing for time, hoping for his Dark Troopers to reboard the ship. Gideon has had time to train with the Dark Saber, and plenty of it.
    Well...what I meant was that when Gideon tried to backstab Din, he just chopped like he expected the saber to go right through him. He didn't aim for a weak spot, or go for an actual stab to an unarmored location.

And wasn't it explained earlier in season 1 that Gideon had a fair amount of access to Beskar from all the other stuff he looted from Mandalore along with the Darksaber? It seems reasonable that he'd be familiar with the properties of the metal.

I don't, it just seemed off for someone who's otherwise super calculating to make that kind of mistake. Plot armor for Din, if you will. It was a cool fight, none-the-less. And the show would have been pretty anti-climactic if Gideon had just killed Din then and there. ;D
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-12-20 at 02:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 3 is Boba's story by all accounts. The fallout of the Pascal behind the scenes drama as reported by Deadline and Grace Randolph seems to indicate future seasons of The Mandolorian will feature other characters to a large degree.
    Everything I've read that isn't a gossip rag seems to indicate that all this "drama" with Pedro Pascal is basically bullshit. He's stated on the record that he likes that Mando doesn't show his face, because it makes any points where he does more meaningful.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t feel it was to show that’s she’s a hot head. It may, as another user pointed out, was to give her a scene to show off her WWE skills, but did it really need to be in a bar, up against Boba?
    Why not? Mandalorians are hot heads when it comes to certain parts of the creed. Din nearly did it to them and Boba is even worse since he is a clone pretender even if he technically could be a foundling given his Fathers status as a Mandalorian. To much is being made out of it and it was hardly forced for the character if you've paid attention in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Season 3 is Boba's story by all accounts. The fallout of the Pascal behind the scenes drama as reported by Deadline and Grace Randolph seems to indicate future seasons of The Mandolorian will feature other characters to a large degree.
    Boba Fett will have his own show. His oath/deal with Din is over now that the Kid was rescued. So there is no reason to think that he will Season 3 will focus on him outside of any cross over that could happen since the shows will be taking place in the same relative time and place as each other.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I’d be ok with either but i think Boba Fett will be a spin off. There is too much of Din’s story left to tell. We need to see how the darksaber stuff plays out.
    I think the clue is right there in the name. The Mandalorian is treated like a book. They are calling the Fett show the 'Book of Boba Fett as opposed to the chapter(s) of Boba Fett. The distinction isn't huge though, because either way it's a subset of Mando.

I also think Disney isn't worked about the shows overlapping since 2021 and 2022 is going to be full of releases. It's kit like they are trying to spread things out anymore, nor do they need to since everything is on their own dedicated platform. They can only keep people subbed longer instead, what I imagine a lot of people do now, only sub for Mando.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I think the clue is right there in the name. The Mandalorian is treated like a book. They are calling the Fett show the 'Book of Boba Fett as opposed to the chapter(s) of Boba Fett. The distinction isn't huge though, because either way it's a subset of Mando.

I also think Disney isn't worked about the shows overlapping since 2021 and 2022 is going to be full of releases. It's kit like they are trying to spread things out anymore, nor do they need to since everything is on their own dedicated platform. They can only keep people subbed longer instead, what I imagine a lot of people do now, only sub for Mando.
    Not to kinkshame, but are we not doing phrasing anymore?

God damn it! I'm not a Blademaster anymore. Being a Field Marshal makes me feel like I should be wearing a striped shirt and verbally harassing very large men.
    Last edited by Sterling Archer; 2020-12-20 at 04:53 AM.
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.
    Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails.
    Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Well...what I meant was that when Gideon tried to backstab Din, he just chopped like he expected the saber to go right through him. He didn't aim for a weak spot, or go for an actual stab to an unarmored location.
    How can you tell? Maybe he did, but Mando just expertly put his beskar in the way.

In any event: this is movie choreography, not actual fighting. There's a long-standing history of stage fights being basically weapons smashing into each other rather than fighting like you would when trying to ACTUALLY kill someone. Most "real" fighting styles look nothing like they are portrayed on screen. There's a good analysis of sword fighting techniques for lightsabers somewhere on YT (can't remember where exactly) that basically says it would/should look nothing like it does in SW because that's not how you'd fight with a weapon like that.

What matters on the screen isn't that it's REAL, but that it LOOKS GOOD. Sometimes the two can overlap, but a lot of the time it'd actually look a little goofy to our eyes if they were using moves designed for efficiency rather than flourish.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So...my point: It's ok for Jedi(male or female) to go crazy badass because it's established. That's what I saw happen with Bo and her sidekick, Shan, and Dune. I really don't think there was anything else there.
    it's ok for Jedi to do the Jedi stuff

it's not ok for those 4 to basically show off their melee skills against stormtroopers they SHOT anyway. If they just took them down in melee - OK, if they just shot them - OK - Melee and then shoot - not ok. No logic. Just show-offs.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Hot take

Now that the Obi and Fett movies have been turned into mini-series, I hope they turn finish that Solo story they alluded to with a mini-series...and I would hope they give it to Rian Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Boba Fett will have his own show. His oath/deal with Din is over now that the Kid was rescued. So there is no reason to think that he will Season 3 will focus on him outside of any cross over that could happen since the shows will be taking place in the same relative time and place as each other.
    Mandalorian season 3 confirmed release date is december 2021. Book of Boba confirmed release date is december 2021. Book of Boba IS Mandalorian S03. There wont be 2 show at the same time if D+ could milk them one by one. Also Pedro Pascal was officially reduced to voice actor after S02

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hot take

Now that the Obi and Fett movies have been turned into mini-series, I hope they turn finish that Solo story they alluded to with a mini-series...and I would hope they give it to Rian Johnson.
    Trolling?

Doubt that Rian Johnson would adhere to an interconnected SW universe under the guidance of Favreau-Filoni, given that Disney is already following the Marvel-Feige way in their new Disney+ shows.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Everything I've read that isn't a gossip rag seems to indicate that all this "drama" with Pedro Pascal is basically bullshit. He's stated on the record that he likes that Mando doesn't show his face, because it makes any points where he does more meaningful.
    I am fairly certain it is bullshit too. I can believe a disagreement / scuff happened on set because these things happen at work. But I get the sense it was blown way out of proportion. Dude might have gotten mad about something and stepped out to cool off for a bit. Suddenly people that try to grab the bag on youtube videos turned it into "another SW fail! I told you it wouldn't work out! HATE HATE HATE".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Trolling?

Doubt that Rian Johnson would adhere to an interconnected SW universe under the guidance of Favreau-Filoni, given that Disney is already following the Marvel-Feige way in their new Disney+ shows.
    Not even trolling. RJ is a good director, the ST was managed poorly and JJ did an arguably worse job than he did. TLJ has a ton of faults but it did try to move the franchise forward and carve out an identity for it. And as far as we know RJ is still tied to a SW project. Under an actual plan, RJ would do fine.

Let's not forget Fav and Filoni haven't put out duds. Early MCU was a hot mess, which Fav was a part of. Filoni put out the one SW since Disney's acquisition that everyone agrees to forget, Resistance. RJ would do just fine if there's a larger narrative in play.

Great end to the season, loved it. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    it's ok for Jedi to do the Jedi stuff

it's not ok for those 4 to basically show off their melee skills against stormtroopers they SHOT anyway. If they just took them down in melee - OK, if they just shot them - OK - Melee and then shoot - not ok. No logic. Just show-offs.
    I think it's fine for them to.. normal people can be great at melee.

The point is jedi should be shown as exceptional , well above normal because of all the abilities the force and imbue them with.

Like seeing the future ( i.e. the opponents next move)
    moving faster, so the action can be faster than normal humans are capable of
    stronger - as the force empowers

Plus in the narrative, the jedi are highly trained from birth - this would beat any other normal humanoid group, including professional ones, i'ts at the very top, and the best normal races can do is match their training regime, and even then the force gives them a whole new level of advantage.

So they should be noticeably much more impressive. This is why you have them face multiple targets, mandos shouldn't be bale to last long against Jedi, 1 on 1 in melee range should be a no contest. however add several Mandos, add other factors like fire power from ships, or somehow being able to weaken the Jedi - then you can make it more believable better for a one on one or even kill, at least in the universes context/set up.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Not even trolling. RJ is a good director, the ST was managed poorly and JJ did an arguably worse job than he did. TLJ has a ton of faults but it did try to move the franchise forward and carve out an identity for it. And as far as we know RJ is still tied to a SW project. Under an actual plan, RJ would do fine.

Let's not forget Fav and Filoni haven't put out duds. Early MCU was a hot mess, which Fav was a part of. Filoni put out the one SW since Disney's acquisition that everyone agrees to forget, Resistance. RJ would do just fine if there's a larger narrative in play.
    Resistance isn't agreed to be forgotten on, the series is actually good once you get into it. The Problem with Resistance is for some reason they went an extremely kiddy root in the beginning, but when they are dealing with the Dozas (Torra and her father) or Tam's entire arc at the end of season 1 through season 2, they add a lot to the world and universe.

I think Filoni had his hands tied with that series because they appeared to have wanted it to be an entry point for the series for younger viewers (even younger than what Rebels and Clone Wars was designed for).
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Mandalorian season 3 confirmed release date is december 2021. Book of Boba confirmed release date is december 2021. Book of Boba IS Mandalorian S03. There wont be 2 show at the same time if D+ could milk them one by one. Also Pedro Pascal was officially reduced to voice actor after S02
    Mandalorian s03 starts at end of December, plenty of time if Boba Fett is 4 episodes mini-series.