Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Who's the genius at blizzard who...

Suggested to greatly decrease loot in raids? I'm at this very moment on Sire and not a single drop I got, just anima and gold, anima and gold, anima and gold. Not sure how this equates to good raid design, I don't get it.

well that would be the people who make decisions. so management and ion.

10+ Year Old Account
    did you joined the game recently like in mop/wod? it's one of the best decision they've made in a while
    also, it's either that or titanforge, they can't have both
    Last edited by Cæli; 2020-12-20 at 07:17 PM.

Blizzard dev once said this on a lecture:

Im absolutely feeling it with PvP reward system being so generous.
    I dont know about PvE players

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

oh god this is so true. i actually WANTED to pvp for the first time since cata. its amazing how fun a game can be when you feel like it isn't trying to dick you over.

They removed Titanforging, a system of loot that really shouldn't have been implemented in the first place and didn't really keep people playing longer so, you know... they were just forced to make loot stingy to compensate.

/s
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2020-12-21 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stutt- View Post
    Suggested to greatly decrease loot in raids? I'm at this very moment on Sire and not a single drop I got, just anima and gold, anima and gold, anima and gold. Not sure how this equates to good raid design, I don't get it.
    At the moment, in my opinion, pvp activity is by absolutely miles the best way to gear up to ilvl 200, after that your stuck unless you clear every dungeon on m8+ and a full hc/norm clear of CN. However this being said it’s early xpac and it’ll sort itself out in the course of around 4 weeks.

TL;DR if you want “quick” gear farm battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    did you joined the game recently like in mop/wod? it's one of the best decision they've made in a while
    Arguably a matter of perspective. There have been raidTIERS in the past, where i got a total of ... i think it was 4 items despite an 85% addendance? Nameny Daza-Alor. I was equipped only because our main warrior got ridiculous amounts of loot. This is not exaggerating on either end. Blizzard should never under any circumstances reduce the level of loot given from raids - the RNG is broken enough as it is It may works for you, but maybe you are one of those people who just get it up the wazoo... No offense meant, of course.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

i dunno why blizzard is afraid of people beating their game and taking a break.

gotta keep the constant gameplay loop of new weekly content thats uninteresting due to how spread out it is

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    i dunno why blizzard is afraid of people beating their game and taking a break.

gotta keep the constant gameplay loop of new weekly content thats uninteresting due to how spread out it is
    People that take a break don't pay for a subscription.

Probably the people who listened to the community. I've also been unlucky on all of my characters.12 bosses killed in total and no loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yea it's hilarious they reduced the loot drops without providing a badge system to compensate. They're playing with fire imo.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the same one who convinced you to buy and play the game

The playerbase has been complaining about being showered with gear and it being meaningless for ages. Blizzard catered to us.

Have fun, and don't forget to pre-order the next expansion too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

Funny considering they patched the loot drops in raids because they felt 30 people getting 5 pieces was way to much, now were back down to 3.

This is their design decision from day 1, to make the gear so stingy in raids and M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Yea it's hilarious they reduced the loot drops without providing a badge system to compensate. They're playing with fire imo.
    Exadtly. I work and have a life besides. I won't be farming anything for months to come. This expansion was amazing, they had to ruin it with this RNG crapfest. Some people can't raid every week, it's not sustainable.

I'd still pay my damn subscription, and play casually. Don't think forcing me to do so, by farming loot, will compel me to raid forever.

Best raid since Ulduar though, GJ!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I’m not a fan of the reduced drop rates. Pretty much feel forced to grind keystones as the primary way to gear PvE wise. I’ve received 3 pieces total from normal nathria and that includes week 1 when the loot was supposedly broken.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Probably the same one who convinced you to buy and play the game

The playerbase has been complaining about being showered with gear and it being meaningless for ages. Blizzard catered to us.

Have fun, and don't forget to pre-order the next expansion too.
    My guild cleared normal last night, 2 pieces of loot dropped for the entire raid. 21 people, 7 bosses and 2 pieces of loot. I think they went a little far on it.

There being an abundance of loot has been a major issue in WoW for a very long time. They're finally nerfing loot drop across the board, not just in raids, get used to it.

Without titanforging, you'd be walking around in full raid gear in 2-3 weeks and be done with progression, while none of the items you earned would feel any special. Might as well remove gear entirely then.

That being said though, m+ is still way too op right now and this has to be heavily nerfed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Yes I’m not a fan of the reduced drop rates. Pretty much feel forced to grind keystones as the primary way to gear PvE wise. I’ve received 3 pieces total from normal nathria and that includes week 1 when the loot was supposedly broken.
    Ive only received 2 pieces and that's with the broken loot drops in week one and this week when the first 3 bosses were reset and gave us an extra chance for loot because they had normal and lfr share loot lockouts..

Players: "Blizzard took my loot away! I'm quitting!"

The same fucking players: "I can't wait for TBC!"