Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Anyone else find this affix anti-fun?
    Its fine, just yell at the dps who blindly tunnels down low hp mob and leaves the strong mob at 70% with 7bolster stacks.

Bolstering is a git gud affix, its an non-issue for good players.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    I have to concur, I haven't done any keys this week myself but watching my guildies get blasted and scream in terror was both a joy and horrifying at the same time.
    "Hey, let's bring a not-melee to the next key"
    Storming is in theory OK too, but there are too many of them and some dungeons are as claustrophobic as TD and WM.

I did sanguine depths earlier and the gauntlet before general Kaal is a treat with storming.

Bolstering is mostly punishing when there's one big enemy that you really don't want to buff, which makes it dangerous to go for squishier priority targets, IE the healers next to the goliaths in Spires.

Storming is more annoying to me as a melee. As if the average dungeon doesn't have enough crap to dodge already.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember which one it is, but the one that gives bosses a crapton of more health (Tyrannical maybe?) is just bullshit.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I'm sorry but Tyrannical is way overtuned for some of these dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    I'm sorry but Tyrannical is way overtuned for some of these dungeons
    I think part of the issue might be they balanced the high tyrannical dungeons with prideful buff in mind, if you get it before boss, its okay-ish, 2 min fight, if you dont get prideful, next 3-4 minutes can be absolute pain with zero room for error and far more dancing around than in raid, especially as melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    I think part of the issue might be they balanced the high tyrannical dungeons with prideful buff in mind, if you get it before boss, its okay-ish, 2 min fight, if you dont get prideful, next 3-4 minutes can be absolute pain with zero room for error and far more dancing around than in raid, especially as melee.
    This, tyrannical is punishing as it is but with them balancing it around prideful makes even more punishing.

Fuck tyrannical

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I enjoy failure because it makes the successes more rewarding.

- - - Updated - - -

The "you must be bad" (low keys) and "everyone thinks so" is the cornerstone.

Da lol is activated.
    I didnt say you msut be bad. I simply stated that if you wherent playing low lvl m+ where the affixes hardly matter anyway, Tyrannical is one of the most annoying and hated affixes.

If you followed the m+ scene you would know this aswell.

This is a case of you feelcrafting it while not following the general discussion on this topic.

Ignorance is a blizz

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I didnt say you msut be bad. I simply stated that if you wherent playing low lvl m+ where the affixes hardly matter anyway, Tyrannical is one of the most annoying and hated affixes.

If you followed the m+ scene you would know this aswell.

This is a case of you feelcrafting it while not following the general discussion on this topic.

Ignorance is a blizz
    Now your point flutters down to not being involved in the scene, feelcrafting, and ignorance. Pretty sad arguments. Type of stuff you find on the Trump twitter feed.

I didn't ever say it wasn't annoying. I just said that annoying is sometimes rewarding once overcome. Its ok though man, if you need to be the big winner here than ok.. you are the man. Super bad ass. Bestest ever. Keep it tough tough guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Now your point flutters down to not being involved in the scene, feelcrafting, and ignorance. Pretty sad arguments. Type of stuff you find on the Trump twitter feed.

I didn't ever say it wasn't annoying. I just said that annoying is sometimes rewarding once overcome. Its ok though man, if you need to be the big winner here than ok.. you are the man. Super bad ass. Bestest ever. Keep it tough tough guy!
    Hey man, if you cant make counter arguments thats fine. Dont expect me to keep trying to argue versus you just ignoring everything.

There is no point at which Tyrannical is rewarding. Its never rewarding to whack away at a healthsponge for several minutes while dealing with mechanics that sometimes literally just one shots people through cooldowns meaning you have to class stack to overcome certain things.

Try arguing more and using less semantics. It would make taking you seriously a lot easier
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-12-20 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Typo's

What I personally dont like is that the affixes have not been developed at all. Outside of some very minor tweaks, they are still all practically the same. Changes I would have liked to see:

Bolstering - make it 10% per stack and lasting 10s (duration refreshed if new stacks)
    Necrotic - stacks should just do damage to you, at 20 stacks you get a 10s healing reduction debuff
    Sanguine - pool size should correlate to the type/size of the mob (super small mobs should leave 1y pool, giant mobs should be 5yards for example)
    Explosive - each mob should be able to drop only X amount of explosives and after, not drop any
    Tyrannical - 15% boss health and 20% boss dmg instead of current (would prefer to remove Tyrannical and Fortified all together)
    Raging - really should be removed as only three or so classes can remove it

Sad part is some of the affixes have not changed for over 4 years which makes them quite dull.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Hey man, if you cant make counter arguments thats fine. Dont expect me to keep trying to argue versus you just ignoring everything.

There is no point at which Tyrannical is rewarding. Its never rewarding to whack away at a healthsponge for several minutes while dealing with mechanics that sometimes literally just one shots people through cooldowns meaning you have to class stack to overcome certain things.

Try arguing more and using less semantics. It would make taking you seriously a lot easier
    I guess you take this to seriously. I told you were the big winner. The bestest ever. I bet you are slamming 20 keys right now. I get it man. Me bad. You bestest ever. Lets just let it go man.

Bolstering sucks in general but at least its not as bad now as it was in bfa. there are less pulls with high hp and low hp mobs mixed. Still, its definetly an anti-fun mechanic.

However what i feel is a far worse affix this week is tyrannical.... Sure its nice to finally see the bosses abilities... But, WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE UNAVOIDABLE DMG THAT RAMPS UP AND MAKE SOME BOSSES IMPOSSIBLE?!?!?

Seriously, whoever designed the 2nd boss in necrotic wake should be fired.. Had to blow hero,+pride+2x sprears+2x anima discharges just to get him on 14.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

The drain on Chamberlain or the toxic storm on Stradama is retarded on Tyrannical.
    GL healing this on higher levels

I'd take bolstering over the whirlwind rubbish any day.. ultimate troll affix during a tyranical week.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    The drain on Chamberlain or the toxic storm on Stradama is retarded on Tyrannical.
    I did HOA on a 14 and it's perfectly manageable. Just use your defensive properly. Or just invite a resto shaman and nullify the entire mechanic.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I did HOA on a 14 and it's perfectly manageable. Just use your defensive properly. Or just invite a resto shaman and nullify the entire mechanic.
    Resto shaman is true
    Other defensives depend on the party comp tho

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    chamberlain is easy as long as your group soaks properly. 4 people are taking about 70k damage over 10 seconds, so with health pots+personals it's not hard to tank through this phase since you should only get it twice in a 2 minute fight (with the first being during prideful buff) and there's not really other damage. Echelon is the actual hard fight in Halls, since his leap will do ~27k damage to someone and then apply a dot that does 8k every two seconds. If someone gets targeted twice after having used defensives already it's gonna hurt like hell

looking at the +15 halls I did last night, our healer had to do nearly 6k hps on the last prideful mob (and everyone but the tank ended with about half health), which lasted about 35-40 seconds. They did 3.4k on Chamberlain himself, a little more than half of that value. Watching the video, the highest his HPS peaked was at less than 4k. If your group can handle the Manifestation they can probably handle Chamberlain

Stradama on the other hand is like 60k damage to the whole group over 12 seconds, which becomes a problem because she casts it more frequently in the later phases (roughly every 15 seconds in the last phase). This isn't really going to be healable, you just need to burn boss with pots+cds since you won't have prideful and probably won't have lust
    Last edited by TomatoBisque; 2020-12-20 at 09:15 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thin bolstering is fine it just forces you to slow down a little bit and think of things like how you kill each pack.

I think storming is significantly more of an issue in the fun factor category. Those tornadoes spawn way too often and stick around for far too long. If you make them either go away a few seconds quicker or reduce the spawn rate on them it would make for a better affix in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    chamberlain is easy as long as your group soaks properly. 4 people are taking about 70k damage over 10 seconds, so with health pots+personals it's not hard to tank through this phase since you should only get it twice in a 2 minute fight (with the first being during prideful buff) and there's not really other damage. Echelon is the actual hard fight in Halls, since his leap will do ~27k damage to someone and then apply a dot that does 8k every two seconds. If someone gets targeted twice after having used defensives already it's gonna hurt like hell

looking at the +15 halls I did last night, our healer had to do nearly 6k hps on the last prideful mob (and everyone but the tank ended with about half health), which lasted about 35-40 seconds. They did 3.4k on Chamberlain himself, a little more than half of that value. Watching the video, the highest his HPS peaked was at less than 4k. If your group can handle the Manifestation they can probably handle Chamberlain

Stradama on the other hand is like 60k damage to the whole group over 12 seconds, which becomes a problem because she casts it more frequently in the later phases (roughly every 15 seconds in the last phase). This isn't really going to be healable, you just need to burn boss with pots+cds since you won't have prideful and probably won't have lust
    On the chamberlain part - soak is extra annoying when the spinning tornado affix throws you up and breaks the link, happened to 1 guy in our team today, we insta wiped on like +11 :/