It could just be idle speculation.

With that said, it's also D1 and I'd rather not see the waters muddied by theories that encourage paranoia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It could just be idle speculation.

With that said, it's also D1 and I'd rather not see the waters muddied by theories that encourage paranoia.
    No but it might be usefull information to return too later.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I think LotRO is the only LotR game/spinoff that got it right.
    Hopefully the new mmo they're making does it justice

I think that in the latter half of the game, the scum team(s) are all going to pile onto the leading lynch, hoping that the odds will be in their favor and that if they get lucky and lynch a stone holder, they will get lucky and one of them will get the stone. We should definite scrutinize voting patterns as the game goes on. No need to worry about that right now, I think, as the probabilities of getting a stone on purpose are pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Hopefully the new mmo they're making does it justice
    I am doubtful. The good sir's son, Christopher Tolkien, tried for years to keep his father's work from being misportrayed, but he was outnumbered by the rest of the Tolkien family who sold the licenses over time. Christopher Tolkien tried to restrain what could be done with the licensed adaptations by meddling with the contracts, but now Christopher is dead and there is nothing stopping licensees from doing pretty much whatever they want with the IP. It's clear that the entertainment industry really doesn't give a crap about remaining faithful to the source material of whatever they are adapting.

Most people are familiar with the Peter Jackson films, not the books. The Jackson films established LotR as a dark age/low medieval fantasy series in the minds of contemporary audiences, which is all the rage nowadays. I think Amazon green lit a LotR TV series because they're trying to cash in on the success of Game of Thrones (one of the producers straight up said so), and the contemporary view of LotR fits the bill for them. They'll just use names from the book and John Howe's iconic imagery, but they almost certainly won't care about the spirit of Tolkien. It'll just be fodder for location names and character names and set dressing for their dark and gritty fantasy series. This very same company is also the ones behind a new prospective LotR MMO, so I'm sure that the same mentality is at play here.

I do have to question why they're going with an MMO, rather than just making RPGs. I thought that suits would have learned from failures of the dozens and dozens of MMOs during the 2000s and early 2010s. Typically the entertainment industry adheres to formulas that work, and right now even though the themepark MMO formula is the most successful formula for making an MMO, it's really, really, really hard to break into the themepark MMO genre. WoW has most of the market locked down, and behind it you have FFXIV and ESO. And hanging on the edge, you have GW2. And everyone else is irrelevant. The market is pretty stagnant.

It could be a MMO that isn't a themepark, in which case Amazon would be investing a lot of money into an unproven concept. Sandbox MMOs aren't extremely profitable unless you're a Korean MMO, but it seems that Amazon is already chasing that market with their New World MMO, and I doubt that Amazon would want to compete with itself by having two competing gritty, low fantasy sandbox MMOs. So IDK where Amazon is going with this.

I do want another MMO to rise up and succeed, simply because competition in the industry is healthy and encourages development teams to coincidentally overcome funding/development obstacles whenever it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Thirteen hours left, roughly. I think I'll keep my vote where it is with that in mind.

Well if there is one thing in the new Amazon LotR MMO's favor (as a game), it's that it's actually being funded by a big corporation. This last decade, pretty much all of the new MMOs were kickstarters, and... well. Statistically speaking, kickstarter MMOs have been to put it bluntly, bad. Making an MMO is incredibly expensive, and kickstarted MMOs don't get enough money to be good. So they're lacking in graphical fidelity, lacking in content, and lacking in good systems, and often lacking in good server architecture. So wind up getting a mediocre experience.

And that's if the MMO actually launches. Half the time, kickstarter MMOs don't even make it to launch, with the studios running out of money, and the game is never more than a Youtube video, or a really bad alpha you're paying money for that will never be more than a bad alpha.

The one and only decent MMO to come out of kickstarter was Elite Dangerous.

3+ Year Old Account
    Ok I'm awake now

Speaking of MMOs, I heared that Riot games was making one. Maybe it'll be based on the LoL universe?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do d1 random lynches give much info?

Unless it flips scum and someone is defending hard... not usually

Seven hours left. I’m not crazy about Clarinet’s stunt, however I do think there is info to be gained from this...
    Vote: Satsu
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

I'm sticking on bloodfox he gifted mercy last game and possibly got a sweet role also its almost been 42hrs or so and he's not even said hello

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree the clarinet stunt wasn't pleasing

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    I'm sticking on bloodfox he gifted mercy last game and possibly got a sweet role also its almost been 42hrs or so and he's not even said hello

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree the clarinet stunt wasn't pleasing
    I will be extremely disappointed if Mercy gave preference to people for roles for any reason. I agree that Blood not having shown up in almost two full real life days is annyoing, but I am willing to give him a pass d1 since he died so early last game. If he doesn’t show up in the next game day however...
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    two full real life days is
    Like, what is even real life, mannnnn

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like the Satsu lynch. It just feels wrong to me, especially with someone who has not shown up and posted yet, at all.

I'm putting my vote on the last person who has not posted. I would put it on Logwyn, if they were not a new player. Coming into the thread, especially as a new player, posting one random thing and then nothing else, not even fluff is offputting.

Vote: Blood Fox

I will be around at end of day and will swap it if I'm needed to secure a lynch for the information it provides. I just don't like rewarding someone not posting because they died early last game.

Well hopefully ppl get in gear

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    I just don't like rewarding someone not posting because they died early last game.
    This is not my primary reason for voting on Satsu. I have a theory, and his death may provide insight for it.

Either way I dont want the day to end in a no lynch that gets us no where

Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    This is not my primary reason for voting on Satsu. I have a theory, and his death may provide insight for it.
    Anything you are willing to reveal at this time or pure speculation?

Anything you are willing to reveal at this time or pure speculation?
    At the moment I do not have enough concrete information to say if I am right or wrong. But lynching anyone else certainly won’t give me the potential info I am looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Either way I dont want the day to end in a no lynch that gets us no where
    You just want someone to die!

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    You just want someone to die!
    Well yes. That is the point of the game. Many many people die.

Well yes. That is the point of the game. Many many people die.
    You seem to have a fetish for it.... Hmmm