Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Not that it matters, no one wants this game.
    Sure mate. Just watch it make more money roll in that D3 ever did

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    Did Method move to Twisting Nether? o.O

Or is this a different Method, considering they've added the (r) at the end of the name on that list?
    There was a mass exodus from Method earlier this year, with the controversy that hit them. A good chunk of the recognizable names from the old roster formed Echo. Sco is still the leader of Method.
    The (r) simply means they have set their WoWProgress page to indicate they are recruiting, nothing more.
    Last edited by Jasper Kazai; 2020-12-19 at 01:50 AM.

So they had some version of Diablo Immortal at Blizzcon 2018 that people could play at the event. Now 2 years later, they're just getting to "technical alpha"? What are the aiming for, a 2030 release date?

Should we listen to a company who has employees where their job is to dream up and implement ideas that will make a billion dollars or should we listen to some random in a forum who's main focus is another game entirely? I'm going to go out on a limb and say there are plenty of people who want diablo immortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Diablo Immortal, I will download it and see if it is OK once released. I don't know why Blizzard puts this much effort into it though, I never sit down to play 10+ hour sessions of gaming on a mobile. I rarely can keep going for over 30 minutes. Maybe I am wierd.
    Because in a country which combined has the population greater than the USA, Europe and Canada combined plays mobile games as their go to you'd be a fool not to go into that market. It also helps when countries around said country are also heavy into mobile gaming. This being down to not much else to do when stuck on a train for 2+ hours commute each way.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So they had some version of Diablo Immortal at Blizzcon 2018 that people could play at the event. Now 2 years later, they're just getting to "technical alpha"? What are the aiming for, a 2030 release date?

No one wanted World of Warcraft either, they wanted Warcraft 4. There are plenty of games no one wanted that became successful and plenty that people wanted that flopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Sure, you can make crappy products and sell it for twice as much money just because they have an apple on their backside and people will stand in line for weeks just to buy those. Doesnt mean those products are good or important or needed. People are just morons who will throw money at everything.

I see people worrying about F2P LoL MMO issues and like...I've never played any of their games (I hate MOBAs and valorant was installed only briefly) but aren't the only microtransaction like.. skins and charms?

So in an MMO that translates to like, what, outfits? Maybe things like hairstyles? Honestly if their financial model is something like ESO or GW2 I don't see much of a problem. Skins, hairstyles, maybe expanded bank slots and character slots, etc.

They could also do a sub as a VIP sort of thing that includes monthly currency and extra stuff (ESO gives you that amazing crafting bag plus access to most DLCs for no extra cost and extra perks, LOTRO gives you the whole game besides expansions, other games give extra bag slots or character slots etc.)

Nothing in any of those games is P2W; just more convenient at most.

Hopefully however they do it almost everything is account wide (like ESO or GW2) and not per character (like some other games).

5+ Year Old Account
    Not bad, good luck guys.

that's bound to happen when you develop a microtransaction shop with some game elements around it

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    No one wanted World of Warcraft either, they wanted Warcraft 4. There are plenty of games no one wanted that became successful and plenty that people wanted that flopped.
    If that's the case, then why does it even matter whether someone wants or not the game?

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    that's bound to happen when you develop a microtransaction shop with some game elements around it
    Do you know specifics, to be able to say how bad it will be already?

It's a playable slice of the game, it didn't even have items properly back then. Just like Diablo 4 literally had none of the core features in the game that has since then been revealed and showcased.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    I enjoy LoL and would have loved to have played a MMO based on LoL. Too bad it is already ruined before it is even released with this Ghostcrawler asshole working on it. Riot should save themselves the headache and fire his ass before it is too late.
    I'm genuinely curious why people hate Ghostcrawler. He advocated for everything that these old school "GaMRS" wanted in their games.

Developed directly for chinese slaves who are the most miserable creatures on the planet since 1930s Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    It's not just a "possible" MMO, Ghostcrawler literally tweeted "It is an MMO". We could be smartasses and go "but that means it could also be a looter shooter, since he didn't specify "MMORPG", but we all know everyone means MMORPG when saying "MMO" at this point and barely anyone calls League of Legends, Diablo, Destiny or Monster Hunter "MMOs" even though it'd be probably technically correct.
    While you are more than likely correct, it’s still best to not just assume it is. Imagine Riot coming out with an MMOFPS like Overwatch but with LoL characters. People would flip their shit that they didn’t get what Riot “promised” them and how Ghostcrawler is a liar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radisss View Post
    It's a playable slice of the game, it didn't even have items properly back then. Just like Diablo 4 literally had none of the core features in the game that has since then been revealed and showcased.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm genuinely curious why people hate Ghostcrawler. He advocated for everything that these old school "GaMRS" wanted in their games.
    Because Ghostcrawler was the face of WoW for a while (in that he was the one who communicated with the playerbase) and that means he was responsible for every bad decision about the game, from LFG implementation to people hating class design changes.
    Basically, because he was the name everyone knew he was the only, the ONLY, person responsible for the state of the game.

If that's the case, then why does it even matter whether someone wants or not the game?

Do you know specifics, to be able to say how bad it will be already?
    I saw somewhere else back in the day their shop model was almost identical to some other tencent game already released and things weren't looking good, maybe it changed inbetween iterations who knows , but the first impressions didn't bode well

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    MMO genre is seeing a bit a resurgence lately, not seen anything that could justify that though. AoC is the only thing that looks interesting but I have no doubt in my mind that it's far, far too ambitious.
    At any point in time there is some big MMO development in progress.. or two, three... Mostly because it takes years to get one out and instantly fail - before they can claw their way out of the initial dissapointment and potentially carve a niche for themselves like ESO and FFXIV did. I wouldn't call this so much a resurgence and more a constant dribble of people that still try.

Riot is obviously in the big leagues though when it comes to finanical power. But frankly, the LoL uiniverse couldn't be more of a nonsense clusterfuck if it tried. I have absolutely no interest in it, not to mention that MMO doesn't even mean MMORPG, as the later wasn't confirmed afaik; just MMO. Afaik Planet side called itself an MMO too. While I know that stuff like Kingdom Hearts can work for some, it really only does if the characters are already endeering - something I never felt in regards to LoL. I'm not even sure how they intend to do it in the first place, I mean would you just run around and collet bear arses for the tournament organizers or play some rando who is only there to fluff the heroes between matches? Even if it was build around their various backstories, then it either became rather jarring sooner than later once you leaf your appropriate zone and suddenly meet cyborg ninjas in your medival castle or they need to crank out hillarious amounts of content, which no mmo has ever managed before.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I saw somewhere else back in the day their shop model was almost identical to some other tencent game already released and things weren't looking good, maybe it changed inbetween iterations who knows , but the first impressions didn't bode well
    Fair enough, but aye let's see what it actually ends up being.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting my hopes up. But it is interesting to me that no one really talks about Hearthstone's F2P model which can be fairly predatory and is very much "mobile-like", for instance, whereas Immortal has been mocked and criticized from announcement without even knowing details yet. Simply because Hearthstone was released on PC first and ported to mobile later, I would assume, which is incredibly silly.