View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for to claim Race to World First: Sire Denathrius

Voters
344. This poll is closed
  • Method [EU]

23 6.69%
  • Limit [US]

198 57.56%
  • Echo [EU]

74 21.51%
  • Pieces [EU]

9 2.62%
  • BIG DUMB GUILD [US]

7 2.03%
  • Exorsus [EU(RU)]

3 0.87%
  • Aversion [EU]

2 0.58%
  • Lazarus Imperative [US]

1 0.29%
  • FatSharkYes [EU]

3 0.87%
  • Club Camel [US]

4 1.16%
  • The Cleveland Browns/Other/No One!!

20 5.81%
Page 39 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Agree to disagree? Because I don't agree with a single thing you wrote.
    memento is still going strong btw, why are you only focusing on some made up things and dont talk about memento?

- - - Updated - - -

unwealthy homeless men are a bit stuck it seems
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Echo seems very close now, hopefully they don't fuck it up so we can have a close last boss battle with Limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Echo seems very close now, hopefully they don't fuck it up so we can have a close last boss battle with Limit.
    Yeah would seem more fair if they could progress on their own instead of let Limit wipe the next 12 hours on it and watch Limit vods during their morning coffee to catch up. At the moment Echo is just following strategies that Limit is designing.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Yeah would seem more fair if they could progress on their own instead of let Limit wipe the next 12 hours on it and watch Limit vods during their morning coffee to catch up. At the moment Echo is just following strategies that Limit is designing.

but limit also copied alot of echos strats as soon as limit woke up, alot in fact, so idk why we don't mention that but always seem to mention echo copying limit.

Quote Originally Posted by interstice View Post
    but limit also copied alot of echos strats as soon as limit woke up, alot in fact, so idk why we don't mention that but always seem to mention echo copying limit.
    I believe you just figured out why World First progress wasn't streamed for almost 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I believe you just figured out why World First progress wasn't streamed for almost 15 years.
    Most of the people in this thread didn’t even play WoW pre-Eternal Palace so they wouldn’t know raiding existed before streaming.

Yeah let's ignore that Limit also copied Echo strats when they woke up.
    Rogerbrown mentioned that this morning
    Both copy from both and both learn from both
    Even Max said this multiple times

Regarding Mythic and a global start time... someone tell me what I'm missing here. Ion has said it's because they don't want to shift the reset just to please 0.1% of the player base. Fine I get that. But why not lock the Mythic Raid until a specific point in time, say, 8am PST/5pm CET on Friday and then unlock it. No server restart required. Just allow people to enter the raid at that specific time. Therefore both US and EU guilds go at the same time and start blasting.

I must be missing something stupidly obvious that prevents that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkien View Post
    Yeah let's ignore that Limit also copied Echo strats when they woke up.
    Rogerbrown mentioned that this morning
    Both copy from both and both learn from both
    Even Max said this multiple times
    Max said that streaming Denathrius will put them at a disadvantage. Not sure what nonsensical point you are even trying to make. Echo has done practically zero innovation this tier compared to Limit.

Max said that streaming Denathrius will put them at a disadvantage. Not sure what nonsensical point you are even trying to make. Echo has done practically zero innovation this tier compared to Limit.
    Could you be more bias? Limit obviously copied some Echo strats.

Echo has done practically zero innovation this tier compared to Limit.
    Yeah.. That's not true and you know it.
    Limit basically played Echo strats at Stone Legion.

Dont get me wrong thats not a bad thing - but its annoying to explain this every time to diehard us fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Regarding Mythic and a global start time... someone tell me what I'm missing here. Ion has said it's because they don't want to shift the reset just to please 0.1% of the player base. Fine I get that. But why not lock the Mythic Raid until a specific point in time, say, 8am PST/5pm CET on Friday and then unlock it. No server restart required. Just allow people to enter the raid at that specific time. Therefore both US and EU guilds go at the same time and start blasting.

Because no matter what, they'd be giving an indirect advantage to one region because of things like sleep schedules. It's not worth them completely reworking the way resets work to settle a debate that almost every single player who participates in the WF race has already acknowledged doesn't fucking matter.

"Max said". That's a solid reference you got there

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    "Max said". That's a solid reference you got there
    Instead of the number one raid leader in the world, and a member of the WF race, I should instead reference some obscure MMO-c poster who knows everything about everything. Like myself. So here goes: Echo has been copying Limit practically every step of the way, and they'll keep doing it at Denathrius once they get there. Honestly, I'm not sure Echo is any better than for example FatSharkYes or Aversion. They work harder (raid and play more), but better? I doubt it. If Echo lose this race I could see them losing half their roster to Sco and his endorsements for the next tier.
    Last edited by sensei-; 2020-12-21 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Because no matter what, they'd be giving an indirect advantage to one region because of things like sleep schedules. It's not worth them completely reworking the way resets work to settle a debate that almost every single player who participates in the WF race has already acknowledged doesn't fucking matter.
    My post wasn't suggesting reworking resets. I was suggesting the raid opens at the same time later in the week. Adjusting sleep schedules isn't difficult. And I disagree it doesn't matter. Giving any guild(s) a head start matters regardless of the end result. Just like a guild being blocked by a bugged boss matters. But this isn't a "Wah wah so unfair" post. I was simply asking if it's technically not possible to do what I suggested.

I'm going to give you a minute to think about what the problem could be if reset times are different but raid opening times are the same.
    It means the US would have 1 day less of raiding then EU because their reset is a day earlier.
    This doesn't matter in Classic because the race there is over in an hour. It matters on Retail where bosses are actually difficult and the race can take more then 1 reset.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

My post wasn't suggesting reworking resets. I was suggesting the raid opens at the same time later in the week. Adjusting sleep schedules isn't difficult. And I disagree it doesn't matter. Giving any guild(s) a head start matters regardless of the end result. Just like a guild being blocked by a bugged boss matters. But this isn't a "Wah wah so unfair" post. I was simply asking if it's technically not possible to do what I suggested.
    Hey boss -- you can't do that without changing the way resets work. I mean, you can dislike that answer if you'd like because you think Blizzard can just "press some buttons" and make it happen but they've repeatedly indicated this is the main reason they haven't already. Additionally, "just adjusting sleep schedules" is a pretty laughable suggestion. Yes, you can adjust it but it would just become an added burden for whichever region doesn't get a "favorable" timeframe. You'd see all the same stupid arguments people currently make about the "NA advantage" if suddenly the raid launched at 3 AM for NA and they had to take an extra sleep break when compared to their EU counterparts. It'd effectively solve nothing and just make the race miserable for one region or the other.

Instead of the number one raid leader in the world, and a member of the WF race, I should instead reference some obscure MMO-c poster who knows everything about everything. Like myself. So here goes: Echo has been copying Limit practically every step of the way, and they'll keep doing it at Denathrius once they get there. Honestly, I'm not sure Echo is any better than for example FatSharkYes or Aversion. They work harder (raid and play more), but better? I doubt it. If Echo lose this race I could see them losing half their roster to Sco and his endorsements for the next tier.
    When Method was ahead and was saying the same thing, this argument was not "receivable". Now that it's the opposite, it suddenly is? Any leading guild that is leading is being copied by the others. Limit copied Method a lot during BFA, so did Method for the last tier when Limit was ahead. It's a part of the game and it's what the EU gets to compensate for the weekly 16 hours head start. Which one is better is up for discussion, but trashing guilds for copying is lame. It's always been the case, Limit doing it as much as others, and it will still be as long as the US get a headstart.

Ohh boy imagine being that delusional.