Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    It's weird that C6 Bennett is actually a downgrade for most teams.
    Kinda scary when you get him randomly over months/years and upgrade him on accident because of the annoying "!" next to his constellation.

Could infact even destroy his use entirely depending on who your main DPS is.
    Yeah, I hope that they add some kind of toggle to constellations in the future. Not that it is that needed as Bennet is basically the only one I can think of that actually gets worse at a certain constellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I will probaly go till 89 roll and then stop. If i dont get lucky that is.
    If you don't want Albedo you should probably stop at 75 rolls since every roll after that is almost a 50/50 chance to get a 5*

Some of you guys are sleeping on Ben. When paired with Diluc, it's an unstoppable team.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2020-12-21 at 12:57 PM.

Anyone else feel that this game has become just exhausting? I played it on the daily since release, but I dunno...

Got to a point where domain farming especially just feels frustrating. It's always the same. And the combat system isn't interesting enough to carry it through the 100th run with plain unfun modifiers...
    Anyone know why the devs didn't add auto repeat? Feels like all the other gachas got the memo that that's a good influence on player retention.

Another awful thing are artifacts. They're such an RNG loot fiesta for how strong of an impact they're having, kinda reminds me of the last few WoW expansions.
    We grind grind grind and barely anything usable comes out...

I think the grind got to me. Kinda wanna stop being the hamster in the wheel. Feels bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Yeah, I hope that they add some kind of toggle to constellations in the future. Not that it is that needed as Bennet is basically the only one I can think of that actually gets worse at a certain constellation.

If you don't want Albedo you should probably stop at 75 rolls since every roll after that is almost a 50/50 chance to get a 5*
    Now i want Albedo:

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    Anyone else feel that this game has become just exhausting? I played it on the daily since release, but I dunno...

Got to a point where domain farming especially just feels frustrating. It's always the same. And the combat system isn't interesting enough to carry it through the 100th run with plain unfun modifiers...
    Anyone know why the devs didn't add auto repeat? Feels like all the other gachas got the memo that that's a good influence on player retention.

Another awful thing are artifacts. They're such an RNG loot fiesta for how strong of an impact they're having, kinda reminds me of the last few WoW expansions.

I think the grind got to me. Kinda wanna stop being the hamster in the wheel. Feels bad.
    I feel you man.
    The only reason why im still playing this game is friends.
    Also, maybe you should try multiplayer domains? Is really funny sometimes and you get some human interaction...

My friends are absolutely the only reason why im still playing

If you don't enjoy playing it the just stop. No reason to force yourself to play it.

This is how most live service type games function. You have X content for months or weeks then they roll out the additional content Y. Then this get repeated untill the game dies. Just stop playing for a while and come back when they've released more content.

Eh, I'm so torn on this banner in the end, I would love to get some Fischl constellations, but I don't really want Albedo, I already have C2 Benny and C4 Sucrose, and knowing my luck, I'll get all of them before I get a single Fischl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Just stop playing until you want to again.

Do the 4 dailies.
    Stamina can be turned into weapon-crystals for a while if you got a lot of stuff.

Or just don't log in at all and come back when you feel like it. Maybe in a few month when the Traveler gets his/her new element or something.

Don't worry about artifacts or whatever. Keep in mind that they will tune content in a way that new players will always be able to enjoy the events too etc.
    It's not like you fall behind someone and can't keep up anymore.
    It's not like you are missing out on M+ invites because your ilvl is too low.

For me, the combat system is actually fun enough to carry me through the "chores".
    I actually enjoy artifact farming, even though I haven't gotten an upgrade for the last 200 items or so. But I can see myself in need of new characters. And I wouldn't mind "character ascension" at some point that unlock new talents.
    Mihoyo is someone who buffs weak characters with stuff like that. So Amber will be OP :P
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-21 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Eh, I'm so torn on this banner in the end, I would love to get some Fischl constellations, but I don't really want Albedo, I already have C2 Benny and C4 Sucrose, and knowing my luck, I'll get all of them before I get a single Fischl.
    Best to try the free wishes 1.st. I think i will have enogh for at least 3 characters (or weapons).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's the big thing.

I think - assuming a lot of people on this forum came from WoW or other MMO's - people have really been taught this mindset that "falling behind" is the worst of sins, and once you do so you're hopelessly lost.

(I'm the same way, sadly. Within a week of SL dropping I was like, "Naw, too late to even bother buying the expansion now.")

But this is a single player game! You'll be fine either way, just do what you want.
    Maybe other games. I cant play genshin all day myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Best to try the free wishes 1.st. I think i will have enogh for at least 3 characters (or weapons).
    Yeah, of course. It's more about using up that pity for me. Though I guess it won't hurt much even if I do end up getting Albedo, since I have 0 interest in Ganyu and Xiao, and I'll stock up on a ton of primos by the time Ayaka comes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    If you don't enjoy playing it the just stop. No reason to force yourself to play it.

This is how most live service type games function. You have X content for months or weeks then they roll out the additional content Y. Then this get repeated untill the game dies. Just stop playing for a while and come back when they've released more content.
    Yeah, probably for the best. It's just sad. If I try to keep up in Genshin, I dump an hour a day and have to pay attention all the time.
    Other gacha I can click around in for 15-30 minutes to dump my stamina without having to try and be done until an event happens.
    I've been enjoying two other gachas for almost a year since they kept me company during hospitalization. Was hoping that Genshin would be the third.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry about artifacts or whatever. Keep in mind that they will tune content in a way that new players will always be able to enjoy the events too etc.
    It's not like you fall behind someone and can't keep up anymore.
    It's not like you are missing out on M+ invites because your ilvl is too low.
    The world level kinda gets to me. Stuff got more spongey and I feel like my Diluc C0 can't keep up. It's not fun to chew through, so artifact farming it is...
    But they won't drop. So I'm kinda stuck with my frustration. Hard to ignore.
    Not to forget about Abyss. Feels bad not getting and inch better at clearing it.

For me, the combat system is actually fun enough to carry me through the "chores".
    I actually enjoy artifact farming, even though I haven't gotten an upgrade for the last 200 items or so.
    Man, you must do something creative as your dayjob to enjoy that kinda work. You do you, I'm just getting burned over here.

Don't want to beat this topic again but, if they added some auto repeat what is even the point of playing this game? honestly....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Just because he's not in the top 0.1%
    Where are you getting this 0.1% statistic from

This is actually interesting, as the complaint has generally been, "There's not enough to do even if I want to."
    Yup, im insanely happy this update we have 1) Event without resin to farm 2) exploration
    This means LONGER sessions of gameplay

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Don't want to beat this topic again but, if they added some auto repeat what is even the point of playing this game? honestly....
    I think they added a repeat button to domains in the patch is this what he wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    You'd really think the game would be pointless if they let you automate domain farming?
    Events are the meat of gacha. Dunno why you'd want to put the stale grind on any kind of pedastel.

You'd really think the game would be pointless if they let you automate domain farming?

Yes.

The game offers 3-5 minutes of actual gameplay from using stamina per day.
    It's not a normal grinder.

Saying events are the meat of gacha is a bold statement too, a point of view I don't share or am at least unsure about what you mean with that exactly.
    Most events in Gacha are very minor.
    A side story or expanded character story is all you get from it, alongside a better item/stamina ratio and free stuff.

It's hardly "putting it on a pedastel" too when you don't want the fighting in a fighting game to be automated.
    It's not like you need to invest 2h a day for that stuff.
    Automated systems usually require much more attention over the day than Genshin atm.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-21 at 11:01 PM.

Yes.

The game offers 3-5 minutes of gameplay from using stamina per day.
    It's not a normal grinder.
    Probably playing different games here, but I'll bite...
    Pretty shallow game if it's becoming pointless by automating 3-5 minutes of repeat gameplay a day. Like there's nothing else to it.

Probably playing different games here, but I'll bite...
    Pretty shallow game if it's becoming pointless by automating 3-5 minutes of repeat gameplay a day. Like there's nothing else to it.
    What's the point of automating 3-5 minutes of gameplay?
    They'd just design the whole game around it - that would mean I have to log in 5 times a day to see a video being played to collect rewards. They could just give me that stuff immediatly.

At that point, why play the game at all?

Not sure how you get more out of domain farming btw.
    Maybe it's 10 minutes?

I finish most of them in 1 to 1 and a half minute. (this has been true from lvl 1 - 90)
    2 to 2 and a half if it's a harder one I guess?

You can do ~4 a day.

As long as someone enjoys the combat itself it's better to actually play these.
    If you lost interest in the combat I'd argue and back up dk3790 here and say "why play the game at all"?

If you want to explore stuff, you can leave all the grind behind and just do the events a few times when they come out. After all, that's the "meat" for you right?
    Maybe that won't burn you out?

edit:
    And is WoW shallow just because you don't get to auto-farm worldquests/low M+ keys/heroics?
    Isn't it just a design choice? Why wouldn't that be the same thing?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-21 at 11:21 PM.

Events are the meat of gacha. Dunno why you'd want to put the stale grind on any kind of pedastel.
    Uh yes? cuz domain farming is literally just another form of "content". It's not like it's some hard gate to do spiral abyss or other content.

Been working entirely too much on Keqing since getting her the other day. Been expensive.

If anyone wonders about just how valuable ATK buffs on food can be: She can down a Regisvine in one cycle reliably with a 3* food buff, but often leaves them at 30% after one cycle without food.

If I can get a better electro cup that has crit dmg or atk% on it, might be able to improve that. Hourglass isn't so hot, either, but hard to replace that since it's Gladiator. Maybe drop Glad altogether? Dunno, I'll have to see.

Thanks for reading my blog post.
    Are you going physical build? What's the stats on her? My Keqing is almosttttttttttt done...just need either an hourglass with crit dmg % or a better flower with crit dmg & and better crit dmg helm. The first would probably be easier to get but man...who knew an atk % hourglass would be so rare?

Part of me really wants to get back into the game for 1.2 (already finished the 1.1 quests and enjoyed them) but man do I really not wanna get back into the grind needed to level up my characters and their weapons.