Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think arguing with him is worth the time. I enjoy the combat to, its not revolutionary but I still think its good.
    Not my fault. This is the level you guys are engaging in the discussion. I'm just lowering myself to the idiocies you're spewing. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Did you actually check the size of your save file though? I've been playing a crafting-focused character (nowhere near 90hours) and my save file size is 4.9mb.
    I did when the news first came out as I was worried about corruption and it was just under 5mb (I had finished all the side stuff available at the start of the second Act and had not progressed the main quests, about 80 hours) and checking my latest save from last night after having started the mission with River Ward it's 5.24 MB. Looking back at the rest of my saves from my last session they fluctuated from 5.3 mb highest to 5 mb lowest.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think arguing with him is worth the time. I enjoy the combat to, its not revolutionary but I still think its good.
    Yeah, I know. Sadly this thread turned into, you know, cringefest. Would be nice to discuss pros and cons of this game without all that console drama, bugs and trolls. Maybe we'll be able in few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Yeah, it runs great. Until your savefile bricks itself because you were looting and crafting in a looter shooter with a talent tree called crafting.
    Not seen anything like that but in any case, it has nothing to do with optimization and how the game looks.
    Still haven't had any performance issues, very few problematic bugs. It's been a blast so far and one of the best games I've played in years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I did when the news first came out as I was worried about corruption and it was just under 5mb (I had finished all the side stuff available at the start of the second Act and had not progressed the main quests, about 80 hours) and checking my latest save from last night after having started the mission with River Ward it's 5.24 MB. Looking back at the rest of my saves from my last session they fluctuated from 5.3 mb highest to 5 mb lowest.
    Last I read it was saves over 8mb that were having issues. That's the "saved data is damaged and cannot be loaded" bug. I don't know if there is another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yeah, I know. Sadly this thread turned into, you know, cringefest. Would be nice to discuss pros and cons of this game without all that console drama, bugs and trolls. Maybe we'll be able in few months.
    Well that is bound to happen when a developer flat out lies to consumers and then releases an bug filled and broken game. But yeah, maybe in a few months when CDPR actually completes the game, then people will be willing to talk about it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Not seen anything like that but in any case, it has nothing to do with optimization and how the game looks.
    Still haven't had any performance issues, very few problematic bugs. It's been a blast so far and one of the best games I've played in years.
    God help you then.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I still remember when i was young and foolish. Bringing useful points to the discussion as if you guys were in any condition to process real data. Then got tired of your useless replies (check previous 20 pages) and stood to your level.

Don't worry, I'm sure other will join me once they get the "bUt iT rUnS wElL oN mY pC" for the umpteenth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    God help you then.
    Not sure what you're trying to say here but I don't need any help from your storybooks, thank you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Well that is bound to happen when a developer flat out lies to consumers and then releases an bug filled and broken game. But yeah, maybe in a few months when CDPR actually completes the game, then people will be willing to talk about it more.
    Do I have to mention in every post it's CDPR fault? Obviously if game came out in complete state (or just released PC only this year, imo that would work as well), we wouldn't have console drama, shit ton of bugs to make fun of and trolls would stay away/be ignored (if you are into WoW section, just look how helpless they are bitching about SL right now).

And yeah, that PC save thing is first game-breaking fuckup on this platform. I don't want to return until it'll be resolved, want to 100% this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to say here but I don't need any help from your storybooks, thank you.
    What I'm saying is if this is one of the best game you've played, your bar is set pretty low.

- - - Updated - - -

Do I have to mention in every post it's CDPR fault? Obviously if game came out in complete state (or just released PC only this year, imo that would work as well), we wouldn't have console drama, shit ton of bugs to make fun of and trolls would stay away/be ignored (if you are into WoW section, just look how helpless they are bitching about SL right now).

And yeah, that PC save thing is first game-breaking fuckup on this platform. I don't want to return until it'll be resolved, want to 100% this game.
    Console drama. Lol. This game sucks ass on PC too.

10+ Year Old Account

I am just saying that simply saying "console drama" doesn't tell the full story and sounds dismissive. We are talking about a company who told consumers the game was running "surprisingly well" on consoles then would only let reviewers play the PC version and even wouldn't let them show any footage of the game or mention and kinds of bugs until after the games release. Not to mention how they continues to downplay or flat out deny the amount of crunch they were subjecting their programmers to over the past year.

It just makes me a bit angry when I see people, knowing all of this, say things like "well, it works fine for me," or "console players should just stop bitching and buy a PC" or even "well it's only because people demanded they stop delaying the game and release it now." CDPR have proven they are a very anti-consumer company and I just don't see how anyone can defend them or the game, regardless if you are personally enjoying playing it.

I am just saying that simply saying "console drama" doesn't tell the full story and sounds dismissive. We are talking about a company who told consumers the game was running "surprisingly well" on consoles then would only let reviewers play the PC version and even wouldn't let them show any footage of the game or mention and kinds of bugs until after the games release. Not to mention how they continues to downplay or flat out deny the amount of crunch they were subjecting their programmers to over the past year.

It just makes me a bit angry when I see people, knowing all of this, say things like "well, it works fine for me," or "console players should just stop bitching and buy a PC" or even "well it's only because people demanded they stop delaying the game and release it now." CDPR have proven they are a very anti-consumer company and I just don't see how anyone can defend them or the game, regardless if you are personally enjoying playing it.
    I give you 2 pages max of patience

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    What I'm saying is if this is one of the best game you've played, your bar is set pretty low.
    I take it you never played the game at all.
    But no, it beats anything that has been released the last 5 years. Beating their own games such as the Witcher (really not as good as people make it out to be), RD2 and so on.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

When I say "console drama", I don't mean "console pleb bitch over nothing", I just mean there is console drama. Also I don't get why it makes you so angry people share their experience, many PC players were just confused when after playing multiple hours checked forums and learned that game is completely broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Where did they lie tho? Where can you 100% confirm that something they officially said as a company was a lie and it wasn't disclaimer'ed with "everything can change tho" and it can be verified by court as a lie.

I mean I didn't expect much based on buggy mess that was TW3, I still remember that bug that made you immortal with whirlwind and leech - literally immortal.

Hold accountable? For what? Did they hurt you or your feelings in some way?

Now lets take a look at different approach that ackshually works. You buy their product, don't like it? refund. Now you are voting with wallet. They are not getting money, they are getting seeing that something is wrong. Either they reflect or they flop. Because you know, voting with money is 1000x more effective than getting emotional over a fucking product on a forums that barely anyone reads.

Now as for relying feedback if you actually want to be useful, you should send them feedback directly or at least on their official forums that devs/managers at least have a chance to read.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk...-projekts-ceo/

This is a blatant and easily provable lie. This was 15 days before the launch of the game. PS store did take them out of their store just for kicks you know?

Also if you read what I wrote, you will know that I don't have the game. I did not spend any money on it.

They should be held accountable by releasing a product that does not work. I know, shocking. You can claim I am emotional all you like, but trust me, I don't think about this game that much. I mean, how could I? I don't have the game. I just think it's pretty idiotic to say something like "punishing CDPR is not worth it". This takes the word "shill" to an entire different level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The next "CRYSIS" of 2020 on PC is bashed by 7-year-old console hardware users. It's so ridiculous that the shitstorm is allready dead on reddit and they really like to ride the wave until its dead.
    The game was developed for PS4 and Xbox one. They sold a product that did not work and a couple of weekes before, they claimed it did work. This is absurd.

You can say whatever you like in order to excuse them. But this shitstorm hit them hard enough for sony to take their game off their store and enough to tank their stocks hard.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Does crafting exp seema little low haha. You have to craft a metric fuckton of guns to level that shit.

CDPR have proven they are a very anti-consumer company and I just don't see how anyone can defend them or the game, regardless if you are personally enjoying playing it.
    Because of what the game represents - which I will explain below.

Firstly, however, I'll admit, I am a PC gamer. I'll admit, I only care about console gamers insofar as (hopefully) greater success overall for a particular game that releases on multiple platforms beyond PC. Personally, I think CDPR could have saved themselves a ton of heartache if they'd just release on PC only and called it a day.

That said, let me explain what I mean by "what the game represents."

My priorities in gaming are probably somewhat out of step with most gamers. If I had to make a list of essential things I look for in a game, it might look something like this:

- Character creation, customization, and gender - I *always* play a female character so I will not play games that do not allow me to create a female character. I also thoroughly enjoy games that involve at least some choice in fashion.
    - AAA production values - which cuts out like... 90% of what's on Steam
    - Relationships and romance - if a game has no romanceable characters, I have no real interest in playing it
    - Mature rating bordering on AO rating - I want adult themes, nudity, sex, etc
    - Story over gameplay - I want great story. I enjoy cutscenes.
    - Gameplay that is "good enough" - I don't need revolutionary gameplay. I always play games on easy so I don't get frustrated.

FPS, the presence of bugs, whether or not tires deflate when you shoot them, how good the driving mechanics are, how good the crafting system is... these things don't matter that much to me. So yes, I support CDPR and Cybperpunk because it checks MY boxes. I understand it may not check YOUR boxes and that's fine. It's okay for a game not to appeal to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Because of what the game represents - which I will explain below.

Firstly, however, I'll admit, I am a PC gamer. I'll admit, I only care about console gamers insofar as (hopefully) greater success overall for a particular game that releases on multiple platforms beyond PC. Personally, I think CDPR could have saved themselves a ton of heartache if they'd just release on PC only and called it a day.

That said, let me explain what I mean by "what the game represents."

My priorities in gaming are probably somewhat out of step with most gamers. If I had to make a list of essential things I look for in a game, it might look something like this:

- Character creation, customization, and gender - I *always* play a female character so I will not play games that do not allow me to create a female character. I also thoroughly enjoy games that involve at least some choice in fashion.
    - AAA production values - which cuts out like... 90% of what's on Steam
    - Relationships and romance - if a game has no romanceable characters, I have no real interest in playing it
    - Mature rating bordering on AO rating - I want adult themes, nudity, sex, etc
    - Story over gameplay - I want great story. I enjoy cutscenes.
    - Gameplay that is "good enough" - I don't need revolutionary gameplay. I always play games on easy so I don't get frustrated.

FPS, the presence of bugs, whether or not tires deflate when you shoot them, how good the driving mechanics are, how good the crafting system is... these things don't matter that much to me. So yes, I support CDPR and Cybperpunk because it checks MY boxes. I understand it may not check YOUR boxes and that's fine. It's okay for a game not to appeal to everyone.
    So, by these standards of yours, you’ve played 2 games in your entire life?

Should have been delayed... I'd say by February patch it should be in a relatively bug free state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    So, by these standards of yours, you’ve played 2 games in your entire life?
    Bioware games, mostly. But yeah. Not many that meet my standards.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Does crafting exp seema little low haha. You have to craft a metric fuckton of guns to level that shit.
    I found it to be the fastest and easiest thing to level. It was the first skill I maxed out well before I even had any other skill like 1/3rd of the way through.

I did craft and breakdown almost everything I looted though from the start of the game. I thought the Engineering area was going to be great when I looked at potential builds. Mostly because I am a very defensive-minded player and it seemed % scaling armor might be good. It is.

I am nearly unkillable. I have smart guns I crafted that 100% crit kill MOST enemies I face in one hit. I'm immune to fire and shock and all sorts of shit. The game is very easy as a result of the build. I just went full Technical / Intellect. Maxed out Crafting, some Engineer stuff and got Legendary Quickhacks for the passives and shoot through walls Tech Rifle I use as my secondary gun. Smart Submachine Gun, Gorilla Hands and non-lethal Baton are my other weapons. Also I craft homing grenades that do like 1k damage each.

I hide from nothing. I stealth nothing. I fight everything straight up without any regard for anything- cops, baddies, civvies, robots, cars.. they are get mowed down and blasted to bits. Like everything. Sometimes I just walk while shooting directly ahead and just let everything die because it clears a path so effectively. Nothing has even posed a threat to my life bar.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-12-21 at 04:55 PM.