View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for to claim Race to World First: Sire Denathrius

Voters
344. This poll is closed
  • Method [EU]

23 6.69%
  • Limit [US]

198 57.56%
  • Echo [EU]

74 21.51%
  • Pieces [EU]

9 2.62%
  • BIG DUMB GUILD [US]

7 2.03%
  • Exorsus [EU(RU)]

3 0.87%
  • Aversion [EU]

2 0.58%
  • Lazarus Imperative [US]

1 0.29%
  • FatSharkYes [EU]

3 0.87%
  • Club Camel [US]

4 1.16%
  • The Cleveland Browns/Other/No One!!

20 5.81%
Page 46 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would be really interested what kind of COVID prevention measures Limit has in place for their offline event

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    I actually like the race now that Echo went off stream, because now I can take them seriously. They believe they are better and they don’t want to give any handouts to a bunch of copycats.
    Now this right here is some serious spinning, considering Echo has been behind Limit and copied their strategies for the past two tiers. Not to mention that them turning off the streams in no way screams "We believe we are better!" in fact it's the opposite. If they thought they were better than Limit they wouldn't feel the need to hide anything because Limit wouldn't be good enough to pull off their strategies.

Turning off their streams and watching Limits very clearly shows the opposite of "we are better".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sámsa View Post
    I would be really interested what kind of COVID prevention measures Limit has in place for their offline event
    Everyone at the event was quarantined and tested prior to arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Now this right here is some serious spinning, considering Echo has been behind Limit and copied their strategies for the past two tiers. Not to mention that them turning off the streams in no way screams "We believe we are better!" in fact it's the opposite. If they thought they were better than Limit they wouldn't feel the need to hide anything because Limit wouldn't be good enough to pull off their strategies.

Turning off their streams and watching Limits very clearly shows the opposite of "we are better".

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone at the event was quarantined and tested prior to arrival.
    Glad to hear they are taking that seriously! Thumbs up

Glad to hear they are taking that seriously! Thumbs up
    I've also seen max mask up before he has to go deal with people.

I didn’t say they are better. I said it means they believe they are better. They will develop their strategies, copy whatever they want from Limit, and win the race with no chance for Limit to copy them in return. Basically what any serious competitor in any sport would do.

And after Limit loses, I hope they won’t go crying about Echo going off stream. Because it would only mean ”We lost because you didn’t let us copy your innovative strategies”.

In the end, Gingi will only double his subscribers when Echo is the #1 WoW brand in the world. Limit continuing to stream is a risk that could make Max & co look like complete idiots or pure geniuses if they win regardless. History will prove who was right.
    Last edited by sensei-; 2020-12-21 at 05:35 PM.

Bias is showing? Last page I was told I’m a US poster / Limit fanboy. Now I’m an Echo fanboy? I’m anti-retard, that’s what I am.

And why is this guy still posting? Just go hang your head in shame somewhere.

I was also told the only reason these guys can raid 16 hours per day is because of sponsors. LOL a bunch of students and college dropouts can’t raid a week straight unless they get paid to do it? Echo wants to win. That’s commendable. Anyone who says it isn’t is just a jealous and salty loser. I honestly hope Limit loses, because of not immediately going off stream once Echo went off. If they are more motivated about peanuts stream money than actually winning and being the best in the world in something I can’t see any reason why anybody would want to support them.
    The majority of the boss is literally being streamed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneek View Post
    Dude the twitch chat on echo and limit stream is the most teenager thing ive ever read.

"echo turning off stream is such a low blow to the community that gave them money. they dont care about you at all"
    This statement is 100% accurate though. If you call people being correct "teenagers" then yes with your own stupid logic they are teenagers.

Regarding Christmas it would be really awesome if the competing guilds just make a deal to stop progress until a certain date!

If any guild does not honor the bargain they get officially disqualified from the race and blizzard bans them for 1 month.

Or even better. Blizzard should simply despawn Sire until 27th.

Let him have Christmas too

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    This statement is 100% accurate though. If you call people being correct "teenagers" then yes with your own stupid logic they are teenagers.
    You mean its correct that they dont care about me, the viewer?

If im their viewer that gave them donations, do they owe me anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand this happens in a lot of sport events and other events but I can't wrap my head around the fact Guilds (or organisations in this case) beg the community for Characters they can "boost" in Raids for them to get Gear traded to them.
    I remember in Wrath Paragon started the whole splits thing, but it wasn't until like Legion I think (or whenever cross realm was added) where we saw streamers/Guilds beg for M+ keys (MoS) and players who were eligible/willing to trade Gear to them.
    For me this seems to give an unfair advantage to those who have the biggest following and not to those who can come up with own creative ways to overcome challenges.
    I'm not pointing fingers or saying it's something which shouldn't be allowed, but I wonder to what extend Guilds will go in the future to obtain an edge in Gearing.
    Also the entire "buying BoE's" thing seems to be something I hadn't expected to happen 5 years ago.
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2020-12-21 at 05:42 PM.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

I didn’t say they are better. I said it means they believe they are better. They will develop their strategies, copy whatever they want from Limit, and win the race with no chance for Limit to copy them in return. Basically what any serious competitor in any sport would do.
    If they believed they were better than why would they need to copy what they want from Limit? You don't hide from your competition while lurking their streams for a chance to copy things if you think you are better. You're about as delusional as Scripe is for thinking that Echo streaming generals put them at a disadvantage this tier. LOL

Regarding Christmas it would be really awesome if the competing guilds just make a deal to stop progress until a certain date!

If any guild does not honor the bargain they get officially disqualified from the race and blizzard bans them for 1 month.

Or even better. Blizzard should simply despawn Sire until 27th.

Let him have Christmas too
    He's got a cute hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I understand this happens in a lot of sport events and other events but I can't wrap my head around the fact Guilds (or organisations in this case) beg the community for Characters they can "boost" in Raids for them to get Gear traded to them.
    I remember in Wrath Paragon started the whole splits thing, but it wasn't until like Legion I think (or whenever cross realm was added) where we saw streamers/Guilds beg for M+ keys (MoS) and players who were eligible/willing to trade Gear to them.
    For me this seems to give an unfair advantage to those who have the biggest following and not to those who can come up with own creative ways to overcome challenges.
    I'm not pointing fingers or saying it's something which shouldn't be allowed, but I wonder to what extend Guilds will go in the future to obtain an edge in Gearing.
    Do you not remember DS when top guilds were sniping Tarecgosa mages? These guilds have always done that kind of thing, it's just more visible now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneek View Post
    You mean its correct that they dont care about me, the viewer?

If im their viewer that gave them donations, do they owe me anything?
    They are correct that turning off the stream during the most anticipated moment of the race is low blow to the community especially after they announced that they will be streaming progress. While they can do that this is a huge PR failure and letting community down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, Club Camel of Stormrage is an actual contender?

I remember them spamming carries in Trade all day long. Haven't seen them in ages though
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Also the entire "buying BoE's" thing seems to be something I hadn't expected to happen 5 years ago.
    This is just a natural progression of the arms race that is WF raiding at this point. Any little advantage guilds can get is important, having a following is part of that now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Wait, Club Camel of Stormrage is an actual contender?

I remember them spamming carries in Trade all day long. Haven't seen them in ages though
    They've been one of the better US guilds for a while now. A lot of these guilds start dropping off after week 1 though usually because they reduce hours.

And after Limit loses, I hope they won’t go crying about Echo going off stream. Because it would only mean ”We lost because you didn’t let us copy your innovative strategies”.

In the end, Gingi will only double his subscribers when Echo is the #1 WoW brand in the world. Limit continuing to stream is a risk that could make Max & co look like complete idiots or pure geniuses if they win regardless. History will prove who was right.
    If you actually think that killing a boss a few hours earlier in one single tier is more important that community interaction, personality, stream consistency, etc then you are oblivious. This is true even in real sports, where teams like the Dallas Cowboys were the most popular NFL team in the world even when they weren't winning Super Bowls. It's even more lopsided when it comes to Twitch and the "virtual" world -- just look at the top WoW streamers if you don't believe me. Sure someone like Jokerd gets a huge influx when he was world first, then it tapered off despite great efforts from him to keep people entertained, while regular WoW personalities can thrive even without big moments.

Winning is definitely important, of course, nobody cares about a raiding guild that can't even get to the last boss before it is killed. However, as you get stronger from there, there are diminishing returns in terms of fanbase/sponsor numbers/etc. Conversely, building an actual community of fans has nearly unlimited return and will last much longer, and can do great things for legitimizing this kind of entertainment and content.

That being said, obviously Gingi has also done a lot of community interaction and built up a lot of fans already, so its not like this choice by Echo is going to ruin all of the great growth he's seen on Twitch either.

Quote Originally Posted by Flura View Post
    Yes but u can catch up cause of bugged boss
    Yes, that is true, that is exactly what I said. You can catch up but not get ahead. Thanks for repeating what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The reset time and delay has never really come into play. When Limit killed n'zoth (the only NA kill in quite some time), Method didn't kill him till well after that time didn't matter.
    Besides the point. Even if it would have been in the window, Limit would've won.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    If they believed they were better than why would they need to copy what they want from Limit? You don't hide from your competition while lurking their streams for a chance to copy things if you think you are better. You're about as delusional as Scripe is for thinking that Echo streaming generals put them at a disadvantage this tier. LOL
    Now now, you shouldn’t affiliate yourself with people who really don’t really care about you. Don’t pick sides. All I said is that anyone who streams Denathrius progress and reveals all their innovations to the competition is an idiot, and I refuse to believe that would happen. On Echo’s part, I was right. They aren’t idiots. Limit’s arrogance will bite them in the ass, I mean, it’s not like these guys are proven winners through many expansions like Method was. They caught lightning in the end of BFA, and now they need to win this tier to prove they weren’t a flash in the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    They are correct that turning off the stream during the most anticipated moment of the race is low blow to the community especially after they announced that they will be streaming progress. While they can do that this is a huge PR failure and letting community down.
    Yea so they dont owe the viewers nothing. They said they will stream it and maybe they wont. So there will be consequences to their actions or not.

Why make it so melodramatic like "letting the community down" and its a "low blow to the community"? What ties people to these guilds so much that they see this as some kind of betrayal.