View Poll Results: How many years in prison should he get?

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • 0-5

16 27.59%
  • 5-10

3 5.17%
  • 10-15

6 10.34%
  • 15+

33 56.90%
Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Is he? Everything hes saying has to start with a maybe...

Maybe kyle was pointing a gun at people.

Maybe his attacker had noble intentions for chasing someone down fleeing from him

Maybe a mob were trying to citizen arrest a victim of assault

It's a lot of maybes that I just don't offer in my reasoning
    God it must be hard to walk around wearing clown shoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is he? Everything hes saying has to start with a maybe...
    Yes, I freely admit when I'm providing an explanation that isn't a certainty. If you think honesty is a weakness, you've got serious issues with understanding basic reason and argument.

Maybe kyle was pointing a gun at people.
    You mean "witness testimony states that he was mishandling his weapon and thus putting bystanders at risk".

Maybe his attacker had noble intentions for chasing someone down fleeing from him
    Given that Rosenbaum is dead, it's kind of hard to ask him. Given the above, though, there's an obvious explanation that offers itself. Not the russian nesting doll of nonsense that you were suggesting. Regardless, Rosenbaum's motives don't even really matter. Which is why it's kind of silly to make such a big deal about them. Unless there's actual evidence of Rosenbaum's desire to kill or grievously injure Rittenhouse, there's no way Rittenhouse could make an argument he had a reasonable fear of such during the initial pursuit, and thus no grounds for Rittenhouse's pre-emptive use of lethal force to initiate violence.

Maybe a mob were trying to citizen arrest a victim of assault
    First, there was no "mob". That's just a verifiable lie. We know that you're making that shit up.

Second, the entire crowd was shouting that Rittenhouse had just killed someone and should be stopped. Presuming that stated motive was the motive for those who tried to stop him, particularly as they all used minimal force in an attempt to restrain Rittenhouse rather than to injure or kill him, even though greater force was justifiable in those circumstances, that's just Occam's Razor. You've got an uphill battle to try and suggest any other motive.

It's a lot of maybes that I just don't offer in my reasoning
    If you're not offering those maybes, you're making shit up and declaring that you know things you could not possibly know.

In other words, you're lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You know this isn’t an argument in your favour right?

Acting as if a narrative you have made up is 100% on point with no room for maybes just further paints you as some one not basing there option off of reality.
    There are maybes but maybes are not evidence it's why I stick to the videos. Hes entire complaint was who provided evidence.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There are maybes but maybes are not evidence it's why I stick to the videos. Hes entire complaint was who provided evidence.
    The maybes come from the evidence, if saying that the video provided is devoid of maybes then again your not basing your option off of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What is the point of all this at this point? It's beyond obvious nobody here believes a single thing you are saying. You aren't fooling anybody and as a matter of fact people regularly call you names and insult you for your dishonesty.

Why continue this charade at this point? Who do you think you are fooling anymore? Notice how most of your comrades have abandoned ship and you fight alone? Who is this effort from you for exactly?
    Because there is no point debating here as it is mostly an echo chamber ?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You being wrong and being told you are wrong doesn’t make it an echo chamber.

It makes you wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

It makes you wrong.
    Sure, sticking to facts is wrong now.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Nobody believes the stuff I make up" does not make this an echo chamber.

That you're able to present your case makes it not an echo chamber.

That your case is not credible is a "you" problem, not a "here" problem.

This forum is as close to the opposite of an echo chamber of anywhere I know of. What you're complaining about is that your arguments face analysis and criticism. Which means your real complaint is that you wish this were an echo chamber, for yourself, and are upset that it isn't.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-12-21 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "Nobody believes the stuff I make up" does not make this an echo chamber.

That you're able to present your case makes it not an echo chamber.

That your case is not credible is a "you" problem, not a "here" problem.

This forum is as close to the opposite of an echo chamber of anywhere I know of. What you're complaining about is that your arguments face analysis and criticism. Which means your real complaint is that you wish this were an echo chamber, for yourself, and are upset that it isn't.
    That you think that this is not an echo chamber here is astounding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, “everyone disagrees with me” isn’t an echo chamber, it’s a function of your opinions being rubbish.

Y’all really need to realise that free speech does not mean your ignorance is as good as someone’s educated opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your views facing criticism does not mean this is an echo chamber. That is, in fact, the opposite of an echo chamber. Echo chambers exist when there is no criticism because everyone is in agreement. That every new comment is just echoing the views of the others. Literally where the term came from.

If this were an echo chamber, nobody would ever post anything for others to be critical of, or if they did, they'd be summarily banned by the administration so that users weren't challenged. That flatly does not happen, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Again, “everyone disagrees with me” isn’t an echo chamber, it’s a function of your opinions being rubbish.

Y’all really need to realise that free speech does not mean your ignorance is as good as someone’s educated opinion.
    Also work the other way around, hun.

10+ Year Old Account
    That someone's educated opinion isn't as good as your unfounded opinion?

No, it doesn't work that way around.

That someone's educated opinion isn't as good as your unfounded opinion?

No, it doesn't work that way around.
    Even that, you get it backward. It was implied that it was your opinion (in this case Elegiac but it also applies to you) that was the educated one. While it is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even that, you get it backward. It was implied that it was your opinion (in this case Elegiac but it also applies to you) that was the educated one. While it is not.
    "No you!" is not an educated opinion.
    /s

Your views facing criticism does not mean this is an echo chamber. That is, in fact, the opposite of an echo chamber. Echo chambers exist when there is no criticism because everyone is in agreement.
    MMO-Champion is absolutely a leftist echo chamber. It has been for a very long time. I used to be a part of it until events that have transpired especially this year made me stop and think about things. I avoid the right as well, both of you are cringe as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

It makes you wrong.
    @Specialka reminds me of the Simpsons clip where Principal Skinner ponders that he might be out of touch and wrong until he just says nope the children are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fairly telling you have to resort to primary school level rebuttals.

“I know you are, but what am I?” isn’t an informed position hun. Rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that "my opinion" is pointing to the facts as we know them to be, and debunking attempts to make up nonsense and attempt to insert it as "alternative facts", you're gonna have to get specific.

Which you folks never do. You like vague allusions that you don't actually have to qualify with specifics, because you seem to know those specifics won't ever hold up.

Given that "my opinion" is pointing to the facts as we know them to be, and debunking attempts to make up nonsense and attempt to insert it as "alternative facts", you're gonna have to get specific.

Which you folks never do. You like vague allusions that you don't actually have to qualify with specifics, because you seem to know those specifics won't ever hold up.
    @Fincayra did a pretty good sum up while just sticking to the facts, and you dismissed it because it did not fit your views.