Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard should take some cues from Animal Crossing/other games if they want to make Housing in Wow . It would be good inspiration

(Yes, I know its a 'dumb kid's game' but it has a simple enough system that I think would translate awesomely to WoW)
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-12-22 at 12:04 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

the best housing was in ultima online.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    God I really hope not. Player housing offers nothing. I've seen it done in multiple MMO's and it's basically just Garrisons.
    such utter rubish...player housing done right in other mmo's is NOTHING like garrisons,player housing would bring so much content to the game its not even funny,it would be transmog/pet/mount collecting on steroids

also to op,you mean as a feature for next expansion?because something like this is 100% not coming mid expansion unless its done really really poorly,player housing would have to add stuff to old content as well for colecting,like achvments did for pre wrath stuff

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    runes of magic did it great with guild castles
    Ragnarok Online used a similar system and it was fantastic. Guild castle, while you hold the castle you get special bosses to fight, other guilds want to take and hold your castle, etc...

I dont think it would work wow though, not enough people PvP, and the forums would be filled with "your forcing me to pvp so I can get to pve loot."

This OP has been told in like 4 threads now that saying something is a Leak or 100% Confirmed when it is just speculation is silly...

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    It's pretty amazing in FFXIV, IMO OFC.

Too many acronyms there.
    Was one of my least favorite implementations of housing considering it literally forces you to keep playing to not lose it. They're not even subtle about owning you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Ragnarok Online used a similar system and it was fantastic. Guild castle, while you hold the castle you get special bosses to fight, other guilds want to take and hold your castle, etc...

I dont think it would work wow though, not enough people PvP, and the forums would be filled with "your forcing me to pvp so I can get to pve loot."
    I don't think anyone would consider Ragnarök's system to be "housing" seeing as (afaik) there was literally no customization.

Housing without connections to the gameplay and especially other people is ass though, but maybe they can improve on what they did with Garrisons, if they do decide to do it.

player housing..I can hear the activision executives planning microtransactions galore..and millions of MMO Champion posters bitching that wow has gone off the deep end cause you can spend $5 on a chair

Is it speculation or leaks? Cause those aren't the same and if anything, you'd "discuss" leaks or speculations
    One is having something leaked and the other is just guessing whatever (and sometimes having something correct by pure chance)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Was one of my least favorite implementations of housing considering it literally forces you to keep playing to not lose it. They're not even subtle about owning you.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think anyone would consider Ragnarök's system to be "housing" seeing as (afaik) there was literally no customization.

Housing without connections to the gameplay and especially other people is ass though, but maybe they can improve on what they did with Garrisons, if they do decide to do it.
    Well sure, but I wasn't talking about the subscription side of things, more the way in which the housing is in-game - the furniture, the options for where to put things etc. Can't lie though, I keep a sub just for the house. Oh well, rather give them the £60 for 6 months than buy Cyberpunk 2077 :')

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    God I really hope not. Player housing offers nothing. I've seen it done in multiple MMO's and it's basically just Garrisons.
    ??? So your only example was a failed attempt at an RPG feature?

If implemented well, player housing will be great. I want my character to have a place to live in the world. I'm tired of RPing that I live in one of the inns of Stormwind. I don't want a portable player house though LMAO taht sounds an half assed thing.
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Well sure, but I wasn't talking about the subscription side of things, more the way in which the housing is in-game - the furniture, the options for where to put things etc. Can't lie though, I keep a sub just for the house. Oh well, rather give them the £60 for 6 months than buy Cyberpunk 2077 :')
    I don't think Blizzard would be able to get away with the same kind of bloodsucking tactics considering rewards for 6 month subs are already scrutinized.

I do agree the feature itself is a decent version of housing though, just not sure I'd like to see housing in WoW at all. It requires such a restructuring of the world if it isn't entirely instanced - even FFXIVs "semi instanced" housing would feel disconnected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    ??? So your only example was a failed attempt at an RPG feature?

If implemented well, player housing will be great. I want my character to have a place to live in the world. I'm tired of RPing that I live in one of the inns of Stormwind. I don't want a portable player house though LMAO taht sounds an half assed thing.
    It's a huge resource investment just for the minority that is RP players though, so it really has to be something that would involve all players unless you want it to be half assed. Just look at pet battles, proving grounds, etc.

They are never going to implement housing given that 'players hiding in their personal instances' wrecked WoD. Even WildStar which had player housing WoW could never compete with, failed within a couple years despite great housing systems. There is no real evidence to suggest that housing is what MMO players want.

BlizzConline 2021 LEAK Speculation #2

Three classic game versions:

1- New Fresh Start servers retaining the original Vanilla experience, starting from phase 1.
    2- Current Vanilla servers will have the option to ENABLE REMASTERED GRAPHICS!!!!!!
    3- New TBC servers retaining the original TBC experience

Option 2 will be the current number of Vanilla servers split into two groups, one that will progress to TBC and one that will remain as is and allow remastered graphics as an option. Players from group 1 can copy their toons to the server group that will progress to TBC without gold.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-12-22 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Three classic game versions:

1- New Fresh Start servers retaining the original Vanilla experience, starting from phase 1.
    2- Current Vanilla servers will have the option to ENABLE REMASTERED GRAPHICS!!!!!!
    3- New TBC servers retaining the original TBC experience

Options 2 will be the current number of Vanilla servers split into two groups, one that will progress to TBC and one that will remain as is and allow remastered graphics as an option.
    Why would the latter be in any way linked to the former? Graphics are a server independent thing.

If they do, then please patch progession.

If you're going to make low-effort 'leak' posts that you're making up on the spot, at least keep them contained to a single thread instead of starting a new one to post nothing of relevance

15+ Year Old Account
    leak speculation DDDD

"LEAK Speculation" this is funny !

You're doing speculation on what info is going to leak ?

Or you're leaking what people are going to speculate about ?

Yeah, I'm sure BlizzConline will be all about Legacy servers. I expect TBC announcement, that's it.

Portable player housing. Can only be summoned in specific areas in the world depending on available open space. Despawns 5 minutes after player exists the house.

Different sizes, types and shapes. Green, Blue, Purple and Legendary house types giving different buffs that are on a long cooldown.

Parts can be created through the use of different materials gathered/crafted via several professions.
    saw that in asian mmos
    costs 25-30$ in shop