Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    This. There's plenty of videos demonstrating Torghast as it was versus how it is, and the difference between covenant abilities now & then is huge. Spear of Bastion as an example was uncapped & dealt like 4x the damage it currently does, & it's already 10% ahead of Venthyr on AoE. If it had gone live in its alpha state, non-Bastion Warriors really would have struggled getting into dungeons, but now they've "balanced" these abilities by making them all pretty irrelevant.
    so what you are saying is that instead of rushing to conclusions during testing, people should keep an eye on things and make decisions rationally?

yeah, the playerbase is capable of that /s

Torghast might be the most fun thing for me in SL. The only thing I don't like is there is no incentive for me to go there aside from doing the highest layer on both available options each week. Can't wait for twisting corridors, should be great.

And yeah, covenants are not a big deal at all. Who knew
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I'm still expecting Covenants to become a major exclusion factor once the general audience actually figures out their existence, like, you know, in 1-2 months from now.

Right now everyone's just too busy with dying to normal mode dungeon mechanics and blaming the tank / healer for depleting their impossible to do +5 key. Once that has settled in a bit an people 'somewhat' get used to shit, once r.io has started to become relevant again (atm everyone's just at like 500 or some shit with only the giga serious people being at 1k+), I think then we'll have people becoming meta bitches again, but this time around they'll include Covenants.

Maybe not even all of them. Like, the Necrolord bonuses are pretty fucking shit tbh, especially the Plaguefall one is pathetic. NWake without a Kyrian on a tyrannical +15 though? Doubt. Tirna Scithe without the res check points? Again, who cares. Halls of Atonement without the birdies? Annoying as fuck and gonna take quite some additional time.

None of that invalidates any of the streamers' previous arguments though. When they were talking about this shit they were playing a Beta where these abilities were wildly unbalanced and at times had a like 50% dps delta between them. Same with Soulbinds where some had fucking Cheat Death and others gave you free repairs. Same with Covenants boni in dungeons giving you a group wide Bloodlust for a couple minutes which was then turned into a 5% haste boost in a 5yd range for 2 minutes or some shit.

Streamers were complaining about what was given to them. They couldn't possibly anticipate Blizzard just nerfing everything by 99% at which point just absolutely nothing matters anymore.

I'd say it's more a case of many streamers and content creators being full of themselves, not realizing that their perceived grasp on the game and its design is still just a fraction of what developers know.

The streamer I follow never once said that Torghast would be forever amazing, or that covenant choices would matter outside of the top 1%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea i don't get the torgast hate. Like I have friends in wow who like to pvp and friends who almost exclusively pve. Torghast has actually brought those relatively separate groups together.

Dude...why is everyone "confused" about streamers saying Torghast was amazing?????

This was discussed on Allcraft already!

Is because Torghast *gasp* was different on Beta. TOTALLY DIFFERENT

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Dude...why is everyone "confused" about streamers saying Torghast was amazing?????

This was discussed on Allcraft already!

Is because Torghast *gasp* was different on Beta. TOTALLY DIFFERENT
    Then why didn't they replace their videos of them saying that it's amazing with videos that it's not? People were obviously still under the impression that it was amazing because that's what these people said. It's not surprising that people are wondering if content creators actually play their game

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    For the entire beta (that us regular folks didn't get access to) we heard two things:
    • Torghast is amazing
    • Covenants are shit and will exclude you from content if you don't minmax

Now that the game has been out for a while I think we can safely say that both these things were false. Torghast is unrewarding, slow and boring while covenants are amazing in so many ways and nobody really seems to care which one you chose.

Are streamers and content creators so out of touch with the general playerbase and if so, could it possibly be damaging to the game considering how much louder their voices are?
    almost as if "streamers" are just random joes online like you and me, and neither I or you know what's best for the game, so why would a dude with a camera streaming himself playing the game would know what's best?
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    almost as if "streamers" are just random joes online like you and me, and neither I or you know what's best for the game, so why would a dude with a camera streaming himself playing the game would know what's best?
    I agree and disagree. I think if the streamer/content creator has credentials to speak on an aspect of the game that is helpful. I don't think its helpful if their mentality is toxic and it isn't to better the game. Many high level pvp/pve streamers give input with the hopes of making the community/game experience better. Some on the other hand are about the views/drama/toxicity.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Games change during development, no one should be surprised by that.

2. There is absolutely no one who can properly represent a game's community once the size goes past 1 room, everyone is out of touch with someone no matter what the conversation is.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    People really need to stop with this nonsense. It is utterly false. Fun is subjective and they made changes related to feedback. Let's stick to the facts and not memes that have been driven 17 feet underground.
    Well, it's not fun in it's current state and they had to be praising something during alpha. So, not false, 100% accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say they're out of touch with the playerbase, maybe some of them are, but I would say it's more of them just being more positive on the game to make the stream more fun to watch for people because constant negativity isn't fun. I can't imagine it being very fun watching a guy just constantly bashing on a game that the whole stream is about unless it's one of those things where it's the streamer is playing an actual bad game and he's just playing it to make fun of it and have a few laughs.

I would say most people watch streamers like say Asmongold because of their shared interest and enjoyment in WoW. Asmongold LOVES WoW and will probably be there until the very end. His constant positivity when playing WoW makes his streams fun to watch. If he started saying things like "man, this game is so boring, this expansion sucks ass, I don't even feel like playing anymore" it would drive away his viewers who are mostly people who enjoy playing WoW and watching him play it.

Also speak for yourself in regards to SL content. Like with anything, just because you may not enjoy it, doesn't mean everybody else feels the same way.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people care about streamers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Why do people care about streamers?
    They influence the direction of the game a lot more than us regular mortals so if they're not really representing us we need to question them. We'd rather not care but we've been forced into a situation where we have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Well, it's not fun in it's current state and they had to be praising something during alpha. So, not false, 100% accurate.
    That is your opinion, not fact. Therefore, not 100% accurate and still utterly false.