Thread: About Tyrande

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

About Tyrande

Im playing warcraft 3 reforged, so i got to play all the campaigns again and one thing came to my attention. Do you remember when in Pandaria is Varian who told Tyrande to wait before they attack because it could be a trap and she didnt care and acted like a dummy?? well many people bashed Blizzard because they couldnt understand how a 10000 years military strategist could be this dumb and impulsive, yet if you play the warcraft 3 campaigns you can easilly see that this is just who she is. She is impulsive and acts blinded by hate and prejudice all the time and is Malfurion who has to stop her from doing something stupid again and again.
    There are several examples of this, one when she kills the wardes to free Illidan, another when she sees the humans and orcs working together against the legion and she declares that they are also her enemies and many other instances that i cant recall right now.

Anyway, i feel kinda sad that blizzard were actually being consistent with their storytelling yet they got hate for it all the same.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Piamonte; 2020-12-20 at 10:11 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't blame Tyrande, she wouldn't know the orcs aren't the Warsongs and the Kalimdor Expedition brought Dwarves with them who knows they could have excavating and polluting sacred glades and there's also High Elves with them who are the Highborne
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    Im playing warcraft 3 reforged, so i got to play all the campaigns again and one thing came to my attention. Do you remember when in Pandaria is Varian who told Tyrande to wait before they attack because it could be a trap and she didnt care and acted like a dummy?? well many people bashed Blizzard because they couldnt understand how a 10000 years military strategist could be this dumb and impulsive, yet if you play the warcraft 3 campaigns you can easilly see that this is just who she is. She is impulsive and acts blinded by hate and prejudice all the time and is Malfurion who has to stop her from doing something stupid again and again.
    There are several examples of this, one when she kills the wardes to free Illidan, another when she sees the humans and orcs working together against the legion and she declares that they are also her enemies and many other instances that i cant recall right now.

Anyway, i feel kinda sad that blizzard were actually being consistent with their storytelling yet they got hate for it all the same.

Thoughts?
    It doesn't really make it any less weird however, her being in a position of power for thousands of years puts in her in a position where no superior has been able to correct her or show her a better way. But thinking from outside the lore, she is an odd character. I thought this back in W3.

Tyrande has always been a horrible character. She was horrible in Warcraft 3, she was annoying in Frozen Throne and throughout her time in Warcraft has just been a huge idiot.
    In the War Crimes book, she's basically this conniving character who no one likes. In a book with Garrosh's own atrocities on display, she is still the worst character lol.

This is a person who killed her own people to free Illidan, she even killed one of Cenarius' own sons, right after cenarius' death. Pretty sure there wasn't an ancient in there she killed too. No wonder this heartless dictator abandoned her own people to save her "BELOVED", hopefully the Night Warrior debuff kills her soon.

Thoughts?
    Agree with you 100%. Whenever someone complains about what they did to Tyrande, notably bringing up that Pandaria scenario, I point out her very first character development was her telling off Malfurion and killing her own people to get what she wanted.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

You'd have a point if Tyrande's willfulness and temper were at all consistent character traits, but they aren't. It's only when these character traits can be used to big up Varian, his insipid spawn or in interacting with the Nightborne that they return temporarily, only to vanish right after. In WC3 when her own husband told her not to free his brother she went on a Warden killing spree to bust him out, having no issue killing her people to get what she thought was right done. But when a human who's less than a hundredth of her age to whom she owes nothing and has never spoken to before orders her to sit meekly by she obeys him and thanks him for the privilege of enlightening her about battlefield tactics. The same when it's time to upend the entire societal opinion about arcane magic for ten thousand years or when she volunteers for vassalage to Stormwind, a place she's never been to run by people on the other end of the world.

This is without even getting into the fact that the tactics in question were forest ambush tactics and unlike Varian Tyrande has been fighting in that exact climate for 10k years and uses such tactics in WC3. Further, WC3 Tyrande wasn't all hat, no cattle - when Malfurion told her no, she still attacked the Wardens and freed Illidan and later didn't even think about it with Maiev or Malfurion. An equivalent development with someone who's to her what OP is to an embryo would be Varian going "Patience, Tyrande" her telling him to go fuck himself and then attacking, chalking up any losses to acceptable casualties if she even acknowledged them at all.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-12-21 at 07:59 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Yes and no. If they had respected the Tyrande of the W3 you would be right.

But they didn't respect her most of the time. Tyrande is super calm and portrayed as a generic priestess rather than a warrior priestess.
    Even Tyrande Night War is willing to negotiate peace. Being that she "possessed" she is calmer than angry Jaina.

Besides the mistake there is that Tyrande only comes out to look like an idiot so that Varian looks good. If Tyrande had done important things, that scene would not be so hated.
    But now it's just a silly scene of human potential.

Thoughts?
    LOL what?
    The Watchers are her direct subordinates and they did not obey her orders in wartime. It was the Watchers' fault.
    The Orcs killed Cenarius, do you think she should have welcomed them with open arms? You assume Tyrande has all the information that the humans are fleeing Lordaeron and that the orcs have killed Mannoroth. All she knows is that they killed Cenarius.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    LOL what?
    The Watchers are her direct subordinates and they did not obey her orders in wartime. It was the Watchers' fault.
    The Orcs killed Cenarius, do you think she should have welcomed them with open arms? You assume Tyrande has all the information that the humans are fleeing Lordaeron and that the orcs have killed Mannoroth. All she knows is that they killed Cenarius.
    Um no. The Watchers are set apart from the militant Sentinels, therefore Tyrande has presumably no authority over them. And the Orcs attacked Cenarius (chapter 5) only after they were ambushed by the Sentinels (prologue of chapter 4).
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2020-12-22 at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Super Dickmann pretty much summed up the issues with that particular scenario. Her eagerness to attack the Horde isn't the real issue. Her willingness to back down to Varian is, when her own spouse cannot persuade her to ignore assaults (e.g. the mission where you rescue the Druids of the Talon).

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Um no. The Watchers are set apart from the militant Sentinels, therefore Tyrande has presumably no authority over them. And the Orcs attacked Cenarius (chapter 5) only after they were ambushed by the Sentinels (prologue of chapter 4).
    The Watchers still came from the Sisterhood of Elune, which Tyrande is high priestess of. Maiev is her subordinate, according to the Warcraft Encyclopedia. She seems well within her rights to kill them, as even Maiev, who throws insults at Tyrande for her actions, seeks no retribution beyond lying to Malfurion about the events on the bridge in Silverpine.

With regards to Cenarius, it doesn't matter to Tyrande that the Sentinels attacked first: the orcs trespassed (unknowingly, which still doesn't matter to Tyrande), and the Sentinels were within their rights to counterattack (from their cultural viewpoint). Killing Cenarius was a crime that the Alliance were accused for merely working with the orcs (after the fact), and Tyrande happily marched over an Alliance base for that even while Malfurion suggested they'd be powerful allies. If the Alliance are considered culpable for the act in Tyrande's eyes, then it shouldn't be surprising that she'd hold the whole Horde accountable for the actions of a subset.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am saying this since the beginning.. thats Tyrande for you.

She is been pretty consistant during wow.. shit as alsways.
    I like how people actually trying to defend het scenario, its so obvious it was only meant as an heroic act. Nothing more. Coming with a deep explanation how she felt in those seconds is cute, but no one at blizzard ever though of that and doesnt make this any less cringy and dumb.

Never forget...

I will find you malfurion my love!!!

Do people actually still like these 2 downies?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-12-22 at 07:54 PM.

Blizzard tweeted that the Watchers were obliged to obey Tyrande and she killed them because they became too fanatically devoted to containing Illidan.
    Even in Wolfheart, Maiev remained in Darnassus with the permission of Malfurion and Tyrande and obeyed them.
    The Guardians attacked the Orcs after the Orcs began cutting down the forest and killed several of the Ancients of Life.

I think they were under her rule but that place was forbidden even to her like they said.

also, I find hard to believe that one of Cenarius' son were under her rule.

iirc, Malfurion and Cenarius were the ones who imprisoned him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Blizzard tweeted that the Watchers were obliged to obey Tyrande and she killed them because they became too fanatically devoted to containing Illidan.
    The Guardians attacked the Orcs after the Orcs began cutting down the forest and killed several of the Ancients of Life.
    Why am I not surprised at random Blizzard tweets being the sole source of canon, which cannot be found anywhere else - not in Chronicles, not in Wowpedia, and certainly not in-game. Quality storytelling, I tell you...

And yes, Orcs were cutting wood but no one told them to stop. Even Taran Zhu in MoP tells Hordies to !@#$ off with their war, which is more than fine but hey - the warning was given. Quite unlike the nelfs, that is.

"Zug zug, dat tree man am talking, Thog, maybe we should stop cutting trees and find out what going on?"
    "HURG GRRRRR!* THOG SMASH PUNY TREE! BLOOD! THUNDER! DICK WAVING! HORDE NO ASK HORDE TAKE!"
    "OK, me still think tree man should give hint something weird here, but... LOKTAR ORRUNAWAY!"

- Sentinels attack in response to dead Ancients
    - Orcs play aggrieved innocents again

*attempt at transcribing Orc combat noises
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    "Zug zug, dat tree man am talking, Thog, maybe we should stop cutting trees and find out what going on?"
    "HURG GRRRRR!* THOG SMASH PUNY TREE! BLOOD! THUNDER! DICK WAVING! HORDE NO ASK HORDE TAKE!"
    "OK, me still think tree man should give hint something weird here, but... LOKTAR ORRUNAWAY!"

They could always send someone to tell them to GTFO, and then attack if those green folks didn't comply. It wasn't an issue even for pandas. But hey, "shoot first, ask questions later" seems to not be a Horde-exclusive motto
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2020-12-22 at 10:36 PM.

They could always send someone to tell them to GTFO, and then attack if those green folks didn't comply. But hey, "shoot first, ask questions later" seems to not be a Horde-exclusive motto
    I guess my point about tree people being killed wasn't obvious enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post

Couple issues here, one is acting like accepting talking trees as normal... is normal... and that the boundaries of various lands ere known and marked.

Night elves sitting there like an old man shooting people for being on their property, while said property isn't marked isn't a good way to make the night elves look "good".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Night elves sitting there like an old man shooting people for being on their property, while said property isn't marked isn't a good way to make the night elves look "good".
    Imagine an Alliance race doing anything less than heroic, zomg the horror. And then some Ally fans complain about being stuck with Blanduin until hell freezes over

10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts?
    its a bit of a double edged sword. i mean just as a I can say that blizzard did a good job and stayed on track, I would then have to turn and justify the atrocity that was BfA. now obviously back then we hadnt had the disaster of WoD and BfA so honestly the vocal haters were just that, haters. Now though......well heres hoping SL starts changing things.

Tyrande has always been and should be impulsive. It used to think that it rounded out the trio very well, between illidan, tyrande and malfurion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Couple issues here, one is acting like accepting talking trees as normal... is normal... and that the boundaries of various lands ere known and marked.

well i mean. the orcs are from draenor. they encounter talking trees, mushrooms and such back there too.

as for night elves. hey everyone is allowed their crazies. put it this way:

Layer 1 ---- [Peaceniks] ----- Anduin, Velen and Baine
    |
    Layer 2 ---- [Usual People] ---- Thrall, Voljin, Bronzebeard, Mekatorque
    Layer 2 Subsection 1 ---- [usual people gone crazy] ---- Garrosh, Jaina
    |
    Layer 3 ---- [the addicts] ---- Elves, elves, elvesssss
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Layer 4 ---- [the anarchists] ---- Sylvanas
    Note: Objects between Layer 3 and 4 ARE INDEED farther than they appear.
    Note: No Malfurion is purposefully left off the list. He slept through Classic and BC. Woke up in Cata. Slept thru MoP and WoD. Got nailed in a patch at the end of Legion. Sleeping again.

i think everything can fall between these extremes.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)