View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for to claim Race to World First: Sire Denathrius

Voters
344. This poll is closed
  • Method [EU]

23 6.69%
  • Limit [US]

198 57.56%
  • Echo [EU]

74 21.51%
  • Pieces [EU]

9 2.62%
  • BIG DUMB GUILD [US]

7 2.03%
  • Exorsus [EU(RU)]

3 0.87%
  • Aversion [EU]

2 0.58%
  • Lazarus Imperative [US]

1 0.29%
  • FatSharkYes [EU]

3 0.87%
  • Club Camel [US]

4 1.16%
  • The Cleveland Browns/Other/No One!!

20 5.81%
    Quote Originally Posted by spekkio7 View Post
    What? Of course it makes a difference, good lord. For fair competition it's absolutely necessary to have a level playing field. "settled for eons"? Lol. Obviously.

Are you going to make the claim US having to experience bugs first somehow makes it perfectly "even". I'm afraid not. Either it's a greater disadvantage when compared to EU or not much of one at all. It'll never magically "balance out" though; what wishful thinking.

You're never going to win this one. Ever.
    Please provide one fucking solution that isn't something that Blizzard hasn't already stated multiple times won't happen. Oh. What's that? There isn't one. You know why? Because it doesn't fucking matter. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Don't think this will be as exciting as you want it to be. Limit will destroy the boss tomorrow. The slim chance is there that Echo can manage to kill him after reclear, but Limit killing him tomorrow is nearly guaranteed.
    Yeah this will end in a downer, they are sub 20% already. And it looks like the early start will play a big part this time, killing it before EU has a chance to try with better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Please provide one fucking solution that isn't something that Blizzard hasn't already stated multiple times won't happen. Oh. What's that? There isn't one. You know why? Because it doesn't fucking matter. :^)
    There's always a solution...

We're not trying to re-create physics here. Jesus.

I'm not here to debate that though, just that it obviously isn't a level playing field. Objectively.

Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by spekkio7 View Post
    There's always a solution...

We're not trying to re-create physics here. Jesus.

I'm not here to debate that though, just that it obviously isn't a level playing field. Objectively.

Good grief.
    Since the playing field will never be level there is only one possible conclusion you can ever draw: The better guild will always win, regardless of region.

That was a nice debate, glad I settled it for you.

Since the playing field will never be level there is only one possible conclusion you can ever draw: The better guild will always win, regardless of region.

That was a nice debate, glad I settled it for you.
    You are a good example of ignorance is bliss.

That damage intake is insane this is going to get some mega nerfs by the time video guilds get to it. Pull looked absolutely perfect to half the raid dead in 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    You are a good example of ignorance is bliss.
    Ignorance? I'm tired of this stupid fucking argument taking up dozens of pages in every RWF thread. There is no solution to the issue and the only time anybody seems to give a shit about it is whenever one region or the other is close to killing a boss within this idiotic "grey zone" between region lockouts which players think means jackshit. It's boring. Nothing productive is ever produced from the debates. People just get angry and it eventually ends up in nation bashing. (Need proof? Some guy on the last page called me a Limit fanboy despite me never even mentioning which region I care about.)The only thing any reasonable person can conclude is that in a situation where there is problem that does not have a solution is that the problem isn't a problem. End of story.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-12-23 at 05:30 AM.

Ignorance? I'm tired of this stupid fucking argument taking up dozens of pages in every RWF thread. There is no solution to the issue and the only time anybody seems to give a shit about is whenever one region or the other is close to killing a boss within this idiotic "grey zone" between region lockouts which players think mean jackshit. It's boring. Nothing productive is ever produced from the debates. People just get angry and it eventually ends up in nation bashing. The only thing any reasonable person can conclude is that in a situation where there is problem that does not have a solution is that the problem isn't a problem. End of story.
    There actually is a solution but blizz isn't going to do it. Solution is either global release and staggered lockouts the first two weeks which would heavily impact a lot of guilds so isn't going to happen or a tournament realm with vendors unlocking gear per boss killed but blizz definitely isn't going to do that.

Ignorance? I'm tired of this stupid fucking argument taking up dozens of pages in every RWF thread. There is no solution to the issue and the only time anybody seems to give a shit about it is whenever one region or the other is close to killing a boss within this idiotic "grey zone" between region lockouts which players think means jackshit. It's boring. Nothing productive is ever produced from the debates. People just get angry and it eventually ends up in nation bashing. The only thing any reasonable person can conclude is that in a situation where there is problem that does not have a solution is that the problem isn't a problem. End of story.
    Both top 2 guilds said they want a worldwide release. Not complicated at all.

Ignorance? I'm tired of this stupid fucking argument taking up dozens of pages in every RWF thread. There is no solution to the issue and the only time anybody seems to give a shit about it is whenever one region or the other is close to killing a boss within this idiotic "grey zone" between region lockouts which players think means jackshit. It's boring. Nothing productive is ever produced from the debates. People just get angry and it eventually ends up in nation bashing. The only thing any reasonable person can conclude is that in a situation where there is problem that does not have a solution is that the problem isn't a problem. End of story.
    You should stick to the term fanboy again. xD

As long as the headstart and the earlier reset exists, it should be part of the WF race discussion. Ignoring it and saying "You can't do anything about it, so the advantage doesn't exist." - is actually what's not productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Agreed, it's not, and I don't think it's likely that there will be. It's just not important enough when weighed against other factors. In most situations the difference hasn't been important. But now, with the past few races all being very close, it's possible this starts to happen more frequently and it becomes a bigger issue. Who knows?

I don't think that a US based company is going to want to move its EU launch ahead of the US launch - they launch in their home region and that makes it easier to iron out bugs, which is why the US maintenance tends to be longer than the EU. An alternative might be to schedule the EU launch to happen as soon as the US launch is done, which would have been like 10 PM their time last week, and around 1 PM this week, both much busier play times than the time when they actually do it.
    Nah. This wouldn't solve anything. It'd just move the goal post. If they did what you suggested the EU guilds would have to take a sleep break before US guilds; either that or people would blame poor performance of EU guilds on "having to change sleep schedules."

- - - Updated - - -

How do you do a "worldwide release" for a raid without a.) changing the way raid lockouts in an entire region work (which Blizzard has repeatedly stated they won't do) or b.) without Blizzard seemingly favoring one region or the other by giving them a more "normal" raid release timeframe?

I'll give you a hint: It's not possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You should stick to the term fanboy again. xD

As long as the headstart and the earlier reset exists, it should be part of the WF race discussion. Ignoring it and saying "You can't do anything about it, so the advantage doesn't exist." - is actually what's not productive.
    It's not an advantage. It's the playing field both guilds choose to compete on. It's not Blizzard's job to fix the playing field when both* competing guilds opt into it. The best guild wins, there are no caveats.

*all (? - it's a two horse race this time but it hasn't always been)

I don't think Blizzard is very keen on changing the rollout plans for a raid of an entire content just to please 50 or so people.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I don't think Blizzard is very keen on changing the rollout plans for a raid of an entire content just to please 50 or so people.
    Why not. Plus its hundreds of thousands now that it changed into a streamed event.

Why not. Plus its hundreds of thousands now that it changed into a streamed event.
    The RWF isn't sponsored by Blizzard. Guess you missed that important detail.

You can answer that question yourself if you try, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    True. It's also not productive re-litigating it every single tier. Yes, it's not optimal. However it seems unlikely to be fixed, and all the participants seem to be pretty mature about it and understand the implications.
    Gingi from Echo was vocal about wanting it to change. When it was just 50 guilds racing world first in secret I get that Blizzard didnt care enough to change it, but I think the pressure to change it will only increase now.

The only thing any reasonable person can conclude is that in a situation where there is problem that does not have a solution is that the problem isn't a problem. End of story.
    Even if you think there's no solution....that doesn't mean it's not a problem, it means it's a problem with no solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    Even if you think there's no solution....that doesn't mean it's not a problem, it means it's a problem with no solution.
    He argues more like we can't fix problem A because Problem B still exists.

And the solution is there and its as simple as it gets. ������

As I said in my posts on the previous page: It's not a problem worth debating because the guilds participating in the RWF have already accepted the terms of the playing field they're on.