View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for to claim Race to World First: Sire Denathrius

Voters
344. This poll is closed
  • Method [EU]

23 6.69%
  • Limit [US]

198 57.56%
  • Echo [EU]

74 21.51%
  • Pieces [EU]

9 2.62%
  • BIG DUMB GUILD [US]

7 2.03%
  • Exorsus [EU(RU)]

3 0.87%
  • Aversion [EU]

2 0.58%
  • Lazarus Imperative [US]

1 0.29%
  • FatSharkYes [EU]

3 0.87%
  • Club Camel [US]

4 1.16%
  • The Cleveland Browns/Other/No One!!

20 5.81%
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    As I said in my posts on the previous page: It's not a problem worth debating because the guilds participating in the RWF have already accepted the terms of the playing field they're on.
    https://twitter.com/Gingitv/status/1341174153697779712

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    And the solution is there and its as simple as it gets. ������
    Changing the way raid resets work for an entire fucking region is "as simple as it gets"? Buddy, just because it's easy for you type doesn't mean it's easy to implement back here in this little thing we colloquially refer to as reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Read: Guy losing race looks to excuse poor performance on mitigating factors outside of his control. Sadge

Since the playing field will never be level there is only one possible conclusion you can ever draw: The better guild will always win, regardless of region.

That was a nice debate, glad I settled it for you.
    Lol. Thanks. I think I'm being trolled.

Seems like a contradiction, but what do I know.

I'm perfectly OK with the fact that it can't be fair, that is my whole point. I accept that. I don't accept that the best guild will always win. I'm not even implying Limit isn't the best either. Maybe they have the head start and are the best too, fine.

If you are tired of all the argument on this topic I'd stop making false and illogical claims. Let people vent about it if they want. You seem like you're always up for a discussion though, so..

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Changing the way raid resets work for an entire fucking region is "as simple as it gets"? Buddy, just because it's easy for you type doesn't mean it's easy to implement back here in this little thing we colloquially refer to as reality.
    The attitude seems to be "plebs don't matter - we have to let 50 people have a 'fair' competition, even if everyone else's schedule is broken by this. We *might* be generous enough to revert it back to normal after two weeks, this will totally not break anything else."

And even ignoring that - have fun watching streams in middle of the night in (whichever timezone ends like this, probably EU).

- - - Updated - - -

Read: Guy losing race looks to excuse poor performance on mitigating factors outside of his control. Sadge
    Ok done with you, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by spekkio7 View Post
    Lol. Thanks. I think I'm being trolled.

Seems like a contradiction, but what do I know.

I'm perfectly OK with the fact that it can't be fair, that is my whole point. I accept that. I don't accept that the best guild will always win. I'm not even implying Limit isn't the best either. Maybe they have the head start and are the best too, fine.

If you are tired of all the argument on this topic I'd stop making false and illogical claims. Let people vent about it if they want. You seem like you're always up for a discussion though, so..
    If you don't accept that the best guild always wins then you don't accept that it's a race to World First. And if that's your position, that's okay. Just understand that it's a little bit weird to come into a thread about the RWF only to interject that you will only acknowledge the winner if certain circumstances are met.

- - - Updated - - -

It would only affect mythic guilds. That's like 50 guilds effected. They can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    It would only affect mythic guilds. That's like 50 guilds effected. They can handle it.
    This would be solely for Limit and Echo because Limit potentially winning again is the only reason this debate is happening anyways. The majority of people who want a global release are only really invested in whatever EU or NA guild is #1, let's be honest. It's ridiculous to expect Blizzard to cater to that few people as a company when they don't even invest in the race themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    The attitude seems to be "plebs don't matter - we have to let 50 people have a 'fair' competition, even if everyone else's schedule is broken by this. We *might* be generous enough to revert it back to normal after two weeks, this will totally not break anything else."

And even ignoring that - have fun watching streams in middle of the night in (whichever timezone ends like this, probably EU).
    But then you'd have the sleep schedule goal posts moving like I mentioned earlier. I'll be honest. I thought about this a little bit. Here's one solution:

Blizzard flies the entire roster (including back-ups) of the two teams most likely to win to some random colossal gaming palace not unlike the Complexity facility Limit streams from. These players then compete on Tournament Realms in front of live audiences for 16 hours a day, every day, until the RWF is done. It'll be eSports event of a lifetime!

Oh, what's that? This idea sucks?

Yeah. I know. So does every other solution.

But then you'd have the sleep schedule goal posts moving like I mentioned earlier. I'll be honest. I thought about this a little bit. Here's one solution:

Blizzard flies the entire roster (including back-ups) of the two teams most likely to win to some random colossal gaming palace not unlike the Complexity facility Limit streams from. These players then compete on Tournament Realms in front of live audiences for 16 hours a day, every day, until the RWF is done. It'll be eSports event of a lifetime!

And then Pieces wins because they could abuse splits and every Echo/Limit fan gets pissed anyways. It's fine like it is, it's best for people to just accept it. It's not even like Limit has won this race yet so if Echo does it tomorrow you can all gloat about how they lost despite their 1700 hour headstart.

Timezone has nothing to do with the headstart. 2 separate things. Just because timezones exist, doesn't mean you can't globally release the raid. Let's fix one problem before we go to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Timezone has nothing to do with the headstart. 2 separate things. Just because timezones exist, doesn't mean you can't globally release the raid. Let's fix one problem before we go to another.
    No its a problem with no solution!!!!!!!!!!1111111one

If you don't accept that the best guild always wins then you don't accept that it's a race to World First. And if that's your position, that's okay. Just understand that it's a little bit weird to come into a thread about the RWF only to interject that you will only acknowledge the winner if certain circumstances are met.
    Can we just split the difference and agree that the best guild USUALLY wins?

the real timer starts when limit kill it, can echo down it within that time limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    the real timer starts when limit kill it, can echo down it within that time limit?
    Sadly no.. Who kills it first wins. But hopefully, it will make Blizzard reevaluate a global release.

This last boss seems kinda meh. Will he really die at this last platform?

Quote Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
    Can we just split the difference and agree that the best guild USUALLY wins?
    I would even agree with that, to be honest. This race is very close though this time. If SD were a boss that was going to take more attempts than what it appears, say 200-300, I don't know, then it would give EU more of a chance to overcome any potential "disadvantage", going a day or two longer. If Limit were to finish before Echo even cleared back to SD this week then they hardly had a chance. Nobody got that close to finishing the raid in one week.

May the best guild win..

Didn't stop paragon/method in the past to slap NA guilds, and there's been equally good NA guilds in the past.

This is a weak excuse from echo, to disguise the fact that they haven't been sharp in terms of performance for two tiers in a row now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    Didn't stop paragon/method in the past to slap NA guilds, and there's been equally good NA guilds in the past.

This is a weak excuse from echo, to disguise the fact that they haven't been sharp in terms of performance for two tiers in a row now.
    There have definitely not been equally good na guilds to limit in the past especially that could day raid. Limit literally have salaries that is a game changer because it means taking off work really isn't a significant factor when it used to be a major one in who could raid.
    Last edited by Xath; 2020-12-23 at 07:05 AM.

Limit at 16% and went to sleep. Echo at 25% and will need to reclear. Maybe a close race today!