Page 43 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That'd be ideal. I'd be around but not as active as usual and it's one of three days a year I allow myself to drink more than a bit of alcohol...

I can swing whatever

- - - Updated - - -

I am off to bread I will be up before end of day for sure tho

I just had a chilling thought. Hydra. No kills. What if we’re dealing with a cult? Scum wouldn’t need safe claims. They’d come baked into whoever gets recruited...

It’s a theory. But one that should be kept in mind if we continue to see no night kills...
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    I just had a chilling thought. Hydra. No kills. What if we’re dealing with a cult? Scum wouldn’t need safe claims. They’d come baked into whoever gets recruited...

It’s a theory. But one that should be kept in mind if we continue to see no night kills...
    A killess mafia game would be interesting and also quite difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

For town anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    day 1 part 2 page 46 so much god damn fluff

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

3+ Year Old Account
    How... how would a 'kill-less' Mafia game play out?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    How... how would a 'kill-less' Mafia game play out?
    I could see two ways the mafia could win:
    1. They outnumber town (like in normal mafia), so the meta becomes on vote manipulation (redirecting cop investigations so they get innocents on scum and guilties on town, framing a town player so when they are investigated by a cop, they return a GUILTY. Maybe they're able to nullify votes, etc).
    2. Scum have to achieve a certain win condition, such as obtaining a certain amount of money/certain set of items (which they would get from stealing or participating in auctions), or identifying certain characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    day 1 part 2 page 46 so much god damn fluff
    There really isnt all that much fluff, especially in day part 2, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    I almost can't recognize him.
    Dude, come on. This is Graeham's usual playstyle regardless of alignment.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you like these movies, Grae?
    He said early in the game thread that he didn't know much about the setting or the characters, hence why we put out our thoughts on what characters might be in the game and their alingments.

then he's Tatos
    Thanos will not be happy at this comment.

Now that it’s not 2 in the morning... okay. Mercy said kills have priority over takes, so unless that was said to intentionally mislead, I retract the idea we won’t ever see any kills. Not sure if that completely negates the possibility of a cult or not. Usually cults can’t kill...It’s still sitting at the back of my mind though..for a few reasons.

One, it’s a very clean and clever way to prevent character claims from breaking the game.

Two, based on the question list Cereal gave; we know there is something “interesting” about the scum (and the town too) - and since we have stones giving powers already I’m not sure how likely that interesting thing would be just some ability, although it is possible.

Three, and this one is much less firm... but it could explain Val’s extremely curious comment last night about why we think Dupti might provide more info than him... if Val has been recruited, he may be trying to deflect away from the cult leader. Although admittedly I have no idea why he’d deflect to himself instead of someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    Now that it’s not 2 in the morning... okay. Mercy said kills have priority over takes, so unless that was said to intentionally mislead, I retract the idea we won’t ever see any kills. Not sure if that completely negates the possibility of a cult or not. Usually cults can’t kill...It’s still sitting at the back of my mind though..for a few reasons.

One, it’s a very clean and clever way to prevent character claims from breaking the game.

Two, based on the question list Cereal gave; we know there is something “interesting” about the scum (and the town too) - and since we have stones giving powers already I’m not sure how likely that interesting thing would be just some ability, although it is possible.

Three, and this one is much less firm... but it could explain Val’s extremely curious comment last night about why we think Dupti might provide more info than him... if Val has been recruited, he may be trying to deflect away from the cult leader. Although admittedly I have no idea why he’d deflect to himself instead of someone else.
    This isn't a bad thought at all. As for the kill with the cult, it could realistically be that the kill is from a stone and the cult is just their cult.

Though, I tend to shy away from the cult idea with Thanos having to get all 6 stones and there is not anything that says he cannot be recruited. Sure, that could be on the scum's side however. The cult idea is something to keep in the back of our minds for sure.

It also makes me think about Crackle's "no-lynch is not completely detrimental to town" comment in a new light, however.

i've always wanted to be recruited into a cult but i never was

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    i've always wanted to be recruited into a cult but i never was

You probably run the cult then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    This isn't a bad thought at all. As for the kill with the cult, it could realistically be that the kill is from a stone and the cult is just their cult.

Though, I tend to shy away from the cult idea with Thanos having to get all 6 stones and there is not anything that says he cannot be recruited. Sure, that could be on the scum's side however. The cult idea is something to keep in the back of our minds for sure.

It also makes me think about Crackle's "no-lynch is not completely detrimental to town" comment in a new light, however.
    I still like my idea of only thanos vs town but you all seem against it which is fine honestly its not a typical game but it most likely will have sum game aspects

3+ Year Old Account
    Can I make a troll cult?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Can I make a troll cult?
    Who would the cult leader be? Hakkar? Or Zul? Or Bwonsamdi?

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post

I still like my idea of only thanos vs town but you all seem against it which is fine honestly its not a typical game but it most likely will have sum game aspects
    From a balance perspective, it would not make sense knowing the special abilities he has. Plus the fact that there are questions about "the Scum" makes it seem like there are more than just Thanos.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you know the answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    I think you know the answer to that.
    Man, so Zul was so cool before BFA, when all we know was that he was this mysterious Zandalari prophet that was behind all of the invasions in Wrath and Cata and MoP. Was he acting as the King's general? Was he working behind the King's back and these invasions are not officially sanctioned? Or was he the guy secretly running the kingdom? And then BFA happened and he's just a throwaway "muahaha i am going to takeover" villain you forgot about.

Man, so Zul was so cool before BFA, when all we know was that he was this mysterious Zandalari prophet that was behind all of the invasions in Wrath and Cata and MoP. Was he acting as the King's general? Was he working behind the King's back and these invasions are not officially sanctioned? Or was he the guy secretly running the kingdom? And then BFA happened and he's just a throwaway "muahaha i am going to takeover" villain you forgot about.
    Zul was so much better as this mysterious shadowy figure that we didn't know much about.

Now I just know him as the boss who had the worst trash since Horridon in Throne.

3+ Year Old Account
    It would depend on what/who the Cult worships, but most likely Zul. Heck, even a zombie Rastakhan lol

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if I ever get around to doing my Troll Mafia, there'll be a cult in it