Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Do we need SoloQ for Arena and 6v6 RBGs?

There was a debate on twitch.tv/Savix about SoloQ for Arena and 6v6 RBGs.

What do you guys think about it?
    What is the reason that Blizzard doesn't want it?

At the moment I don't see any negatives with it.
    Last edited by Kauko; 2020-12-23 at 07:51 AM.

Cause solo litteraly cannot work. Way too many balancing problems.
    At least in 2v2 you can overcome most issues with another issue.

And why 6v6 BGs specically? Whats wrong with 10v10? Why not 9v9 or 8v8 or 7v7?

Blizzard clearly only really cares about organized group content. Nothing that a person can solo queue for will ever have a decent reward structure as long as they continue with this mentality. I would prefer if things were different but they have given no indication of changing their mindset.

We are not talking about 1v1. We are talking about 2v2 and 3v3.

Balancing? Why? Everything stays the same, only thing that changes is that you can join a 3v3 without a team, just like skirmish. Just like Overwatch, just like CSGO... Sure, its harder to climb the ladder alone playing with randoms, but you can still find some players and join with them. You can still play with your friends that you usually play...

Now if my friends are not online I have to go on group finder and find randoms there. With soloQ I can just join. Sure, you ran into horrible comps and players(just like in group finder) but with higher ranking players get better. Just like in every other game that has group content and has SoloQ.

Nobody loses...
    Last edited by Kauko; 2020-12-23 at 08:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They have to work on pvp queues. As it is right now, people just decide you suck and then you don't get to climb rating. I haven't even attempted to look for an RBG group yet because I haven't had the time to just sit down and dedicate hours to it.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    They have to work on pvp queues. As it is right now, people just decide you suck and then you don't get to climb rating. I haven't even attempted to look for an RBG group yet because I haven't had the time to just sit down and dedicate hours to it.
    One more reason for SoloQ. When you get in a RBG group with guild or from Group finder, you have to dedicate time... you can't just leave after one match. I mean, you can but...
    Last edited by Kauko; 2020-12-23 at 09:18 AM.

im indifferent
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    One more reason for SoloQ. When you get in a RBG group with guild or from Group finder, you have to dedicate time... you can't just leave after one match. I mean, you can but...
    People leave all the time in group finder, it's the same thing with raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    People leave all the time in group finder, it's the same thing with raiding
    Again, that is why we need SoloQ. Every time when someone leaves you again have to look for new players...

Its 2020 and we still have to use the system that is not much different from IRC 20y ago. When we spent hours looking for players for a cs 1.6 match or some other game... Man, if we can solo que for skirmish and randomg BGs, why not for rated stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a debate on twitch.tv/Savix about SoloQ for Arena and 6v6 RBGs.

What do you guys think about it?
    What is the reason that Blizzard doesn't want it?

At the moment I don't see any negatives with it.
    I think it would leave an imbalance in difficulty setting up endgame content (not actually doing the content). Raiders need to form big groups, mythic+ players need 5. Arena players already only need 2 people and there's no travel time involved. Ignoring the actual content, arenas are the easiest content to do for getting good gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, that is why we need SoloQ. Every time when someone leaves you again have to look for new players...
    My classic guild leader switched to leading RGBs 2 weeks ago. Going from managing 40 gamer dads weekly to using LFG to run 10man RBGs was a "breeze" and a "massive relief".

10+ Year Old Account

Its 2020 and we still have to use the system that is not much different from IRC 20y ago. When we spent hours looking for players for a cs 1.6 match or some other game... Man, if we can solo que for skirmish and randomg BGs, why not for rated stuff?
    I'm not against soloq, but i dont think i would be participating in it, it doesn't sound like it would be enjoyable

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    A soloQ seems like it would just breed toxicity like nothing else, hell even normal bg’s have people being toxic all the time and there’s nothing to lose there.

Nobody loses...
    Anyone who solo ques into arena loses except the trolls. There is absolutely no way to balance solo que in arena, you end up in situations where no gear trash is queing the second they hit max level, similar to BGs and Skirmishes, and you're left at a disadvantage that you can't possibly win. It's a nice hard pass, there's a reason arena is organized play, and it should NEVER change.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like that very much. It's quite annoying to make a group manually, only to see people leave after one loss and having to find replacements.

I don't see why it would be hard to make solo queueing possible. As long as both teams have a similar rating, it should be balanced enough, even if some specs like tank pala are way too overpowered. And class combos would be more interesting and refreshing as well when you can't choose who to play with.

Not sure how random rated battlegrounds would work. At least when they're unrated, horde has 80% winrate from what I have seen over several years. So I don't see alliance climbing much if that would be the case still.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    RBGs are the most gatekept content aside from m+. The top is filled with oldheads that have run with the same people since cata, you aren't getting in their groups. With pugs either you don't have the exp from 8 years ago or your spec doesn't fit the fotm comp.

Speaking as someone who has played a fair bit of soloq in wow over the years, it is toxic as fuck and certain classes are massively better then others (usually the braindead ones, the less setup the better).

It is good fun though, if you want to play a few fast games. 3v3 only though, as 2v2 is waaay to comp based (i.e look at skirms).

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Anyone who solo ques into arena loses except the trolls. There is absolutely no way to balance solo que in arena, you end up in situations where no gear trash is queing the second they hit max level, similar to BGs and Skirmishes, and you're left at a disadvantage that you can't possibly win. It's a nice hard pass, there's a reason arena is organized play, and it should NEVER change.
    It can stay as it is now. Organized. BUT, you can also join as a solo.
    What balance? Everything stays at it is. If you want to climb the ladder, join as a group. Just like in M+, if you want to do higher levels you play with people you know are good.

If Overwatch has it, Dota, LOL have it, Valorant has it, CSGO has it... and they are waaaaay ahead of WOW PVP in player numbers... why not WOW? And balance is not the reason. Gear is also not. If you want to climb the ladder in CSGO, you join with friends or good players, if you want to casually play you SoloQ. And it works for years

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    RBGs are the most gatekept content aside from m+. The top is filled with oldheads that have run with the same people since cata, you aren't getting in their groups. With pugs either you don't have the exp from 8 years ago or your spec doesn't fit the fotm comp.
    It's to be expected honestly. Like I said, my experience basically is: people play with you for 5 minutes, decide you suck after 5 minutes, then go and look for the nearest FOTM class with the most PVE gear they can find. I'm left sitting in group finder, repeat this over and over.

If it were up to the player base, they would have you play 10,000 games of Arena skirmish before you were deemed ready to do rated arena.

It can stay as it is now. Organized. BUT, you can also join as a solo.
    What balance? Everything stays at it is. If you want to climb the ladder, join as a group. Just like in M+, if you want to do higher levels you play with people you know are good.

If Overwatch has it, Dota, LOL have it, Valorant has it, CSGO has it... and they are waaaaay ahead of WOW PVP in player numbers... why not WOW? And balance is not the reason. Gear is also not. If you want to climb the ladder in CSGO, you join with friends or good players, if you want to casually play you SoloQ. And it works for years
    I'll hard pass, you're comparing mobas and shooters where there is no real matter to what the comp is and there's hundreds of different comp options to arena matchmaking where comp matters 100% because of how small the pool is and how several specs just don't fit in because of poor tuning.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

You can still join with a prefered comp... nobody said you can only join as solo...