10+ Year Old Account

Any Reason why the CE Mount of Pandaria is on the Cash Shop?

Any reason for this? Because it's the only one they put on there. A bit odd and a big FU to collectors who got em through Collectors edition.
    Feels a bit to please China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Any reason for this? Because it's the only one they put on there. A bit odd and a big FU to collectors who got em through Collectors edition.
    Because Mists of Pandaria was the first time they gave players the option of a Digital Deluxe just for the pet and mount instead of only the physical Collector's Edition.

But there was no system set in place yet to separate that out when WoD popped in as a new game upgrade with its own Digital Deluxe upgrade option, so Mists of Pandaria Digital Deluxe got removed. WoD and beyond, after expansions, they started adding expansion mount/pet packs in their own separate categories to preserve them without having to make their "account upgrade" system too convoluted.

Mists of Pandaria just happened to not be grandfathered into that system, so instead the mount and pet are sold separately on the store.

mostly to give a big FU i guess, which is a good thing if you think about it
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

I am not sure what the problem is. Jealousy?

Not this again. Yeah. China is really happy people will buy the items and the profits goes to Blizzard.

OP. I want your life.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares...

I suppose it's there to sell it and to earn money, just a guess.

They needed another cash-grab, obviously.

Because it's the only one they put on there.
    its not... since WOD you can buy "collectors edition" digital edition, which c ontains mounts too...
    and if im not teribly mistaken before MOP there was no mounts in collectors edition...
    so you can buy all collectors edition mounts on shop...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-12-23 at 11:43 AM.

I cant have been the only person thinking "CE = Cutting Edge" when first reading this topic.

Wonder if that would cause an outrage though?

Paying more money for something isn't really a way to be special or standout. Why not milk those who do?

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    OP. I want your life.
    This /10char

they had all kinds of CE mount/pet bundles for sale on the cash shop before... what the f is your problem with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they can do what they want with their IP without the approval/permission of a bunch of angry manbabies who need rare items in a game to validate their sense of existence?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

All the other CE items after that one are also on the shop as part of "Digital Deluxe" item packs. The MoP mount was the only I was missing because I didn't have a job at the time. Now I can finally ride that sweet quilen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it is a product they can sell?

I bought the CE myself and I don't mind it being available on the market much later than it was for me.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

let's not pretend it's a special mount, at all. I could care less this mount is sold on cash shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Because it is a product they can sell?

I bought the CE myself and I don't mind it being available on the market much later than it was for me.
    Nah i don't care at all, i just wondered why the typical Asian Mount was on the shop. While other CE mounts werent on there.
    Felt like cocksucking to China like most companies do nowadays.

But it seems to have a valid reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because they can do what they want with their IP without the approval/permission of a bunch of angry manbabies who need rare items in a game to validate their sense of existence?
    Yeah, this.

The digital items from CE's haven't been rare since they started selling Digital Deluxe. But, the digital stuff became better with Digital sales as then they were making these items for a larger customer base. Prior to that, we got a pet and that was it... Usually a rehashed pet whelp.

I get the CE for the physical items. If they one day start selling pieces from the Physical CEs on their gear store, I'll muster a sliver of outrage. Maybe.

World of Whalecraft
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

kinda glad they screwed up the burning crusade CE now.... that murloc isn't going on the cash shop and the americans don't get it.

win win