Page 46 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    What did the stone do?
    mercy removed the info now i no longer have the stone actually but it was basically just a redirection (could redirect player A onto player B)

Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    That is not accurate. Even if we had all stayed on Satsu we still would not have successfully lynched. Satsu had one vote on him at the end of the day - Bagel. Clarinet had 8. No one else counts because they obviously weren't around to vote, we'd still have been one short.
    Well, I'm operating from the assumption that because Satsu's train started earlier then more people might have shown up to cast their vote if it remained as is. Or at the very least, maybe Satsu would have fought harder to convince us of his alignment.

if you had the stone you should of had more info about it to decide if you were to guard or use it? or maybe it doesnt work that way cereal can you chime in

so thats another tip, if you have a stone maybe note down what it does in case you lose it because the information is remvoed when you lose it

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, I'm operating from the assumption that because Satsu's train started earlier then more people might have shown up to cast their vote if it remained as is. Or at the very least, maybe Satsu would have fought harder to convince us of his alignment.
    He straight up character claimed. What more do you want? No one has counterclaimed him either. As far as I'm concerned he's in the same category as Dupti right now. Probably town, that's just not helping.
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    if you had the stone you should of had more info about it to decide if you were to guard or use it? or maybe it doesnt work that way cereal can you chime in
    uh what? not really, i either use it for a random redirect n1 when i am not paying attention to the game if i am a complete idiot or i jsut guard it since i can survive 1 attack when i have a stone to guard

And besides Grae, your logic is flawed. Yes, the satsu train started earlier. Everyone who was going to show up, showed up. And it wouldn't have been enough to get a lynch off on anyone except Dupti if we had chosen to, since Dupti was sitting at 2 votes.
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    anyway you can lynch me if you guys want to as i am not going to read 40 pages of non sense sorry

the only information i have is what i just gave: i had the reality stone, i was attacked last night and someone stole my poor stone even though i tried to guard it

initially i assumed whoever pushed on me was scum but the more i think about it, it is also a possibility that they thought doc protected me/that i was the doc myself and perhaps they would be a bit more reluctant but still it could be a good way to poke for reactions to find the real doctor if they assumed i wasn't the one

so yeah hurray wifom
    What nonsense are you referring to, exactly? There isn't a lot of fluff in this game and what fluff there is is limited mostly to D1.

The most likely situation is that more than one player chose to steal from you during N1 which is why you lost your stone.

Stone theft isn't necessarily alignment indicative - and I'd argue that it's better for the stones to change hands anyway since we don't want Thanos - or scum - getting access to them.

I don't know if we have any traditional TPR's this time around. It could just be the stones that act as powers, though I suppose it's possible that a couple of the more famous heroes are more than just regular VT's.

- - - Updated - - -

And besides Grae, your logic is flawed. Yes, the satsu train started earlier. Everyone who was going to show up, showed up. And it wouldn't have been enough to get a lynch off on anyone except Dupti if we had chosen to, since Dupti was sitting at 2 votes.
    Admittedly, I don't keep track of actual votes.

I work on the assumption that people are expected to show up and if multiple people do not, they're compromising the game for everybody involved and doing something that generally works in favour of scum much more than town.

- - - Updated - - -

He straight up character claimed. What more do you want? No one has counterclaimed him either. As far as I'm concerned he's in the same category as Dupti right now. Probably town, that's just not helping.
    A character claim isn't of any benefit if he isn't posting...

I personally feel it's just good practice to know where votes sit, and not guess. So I always keep tally.

What nonsense are you referring to, exactly? There isn't a lot of fluff in this game and what fluff there is is limited mostly to D1.
    based on the little i have read, there is a lot of useless fluff

day 1 was a lot of final fantasy spam and on the very same page i showed up on they were talking about wow lore or something like that

Stone theft isn't necessarily alignment indicative - and I'd argue that it's better for the stones to change hands anyway since we don't want Thanos - or scum - getting access to them.
    never said it was, but if you believe it to be two seperate players rather than a specific ability that targeted me then there is a decent chance it was coordinated since it was n1 in which case i reckon there is a decent chance scum has the stone now

This is true. It's the same predicament I just mentioned with Logwyn and Dupti...although Dupti is here now. It's a crappy situation to be forced to lynch people we suspect are probably town, just because they aren't contributing. Town only gets so many lynches, it can't afford to have to waste them throwing out town that isn't playing.

The most likely situation is that more than one player chose to steal from you during N1 which is why you lost your stone.

I don't know if we have any traditional TPR's this time around. It could just be the stones that act as powers, though I suppose it's possible that a couple of the more famous heroes are more than just regular VT's.

- - - Updated - - -

Admittedly, I don't keep track of actual votes.

I work on the assumption that people are expected to show up and if multiple people do not, they're compromising the game for everybody involved and doing something that generally works in favour of scum much more than town.

- - - Updated - - -

i mean we could put lynch alot of ppl, char claim or not theres so many not contributing i mean look at robo hasnt been here since what d1 i dont think i saw him yesterday theres also satsu who claimed but is in the shadows even viroth barly did much and its starting to get later into d2 im sure there are others i have listed but theres just to many ppl to make an accurate list for all i know cereal and foxxi could be scum but they are in my town atm along with you grae due to i can actually get reads from you cuz you here

- - - Updated - - -

lora comes in and hate mail votes sum1 and then vanishes also

- - - Updated - - -

bloodfox thew 1 post early morning yesterday and early morning today

- - - Updated - - -

i miswell just title my list all the suspects

This is true. It's the same predicament I just mentioned with Logwyn and Dupti...although Dupti is here now. It's a crappy situation to be forced to lynch people we suspect are probably town, just because they aren't contributing. Town only gets so many lynches, it can't afford to have to waste them throwing out town that isn't playing.
    I agree. It bothers me especially because it was part of what caused these games to grind to a halt because so many people were doing it in the lead up to the hiatus. My main concern is that it's a situation scum are likely to exploit because they're unlikely to use their night kills to eliminate players who aren't engaging much because they'll inevitably be up on the chopping block for a lynch.

Ok Im mostly? caught up....

I cannot belive im doing this but I'll say it anyways. I have sight reason to believe dupti isnt scum. Normally im 100% team Lynch all lurkers but it seems uhh unlikely that dupti is scum just base don there being no NK that is assuming there is 1 night kill going forward.
    cool? cool!

Dupti's posting has made me think he is town. No concrete proof, but it seems somewhat genuine. This sucks because unless we pick a target and stick with them, for reasons other than afk, we are going to no-lynch again.

I really don't want to lynch a character claim who seems town.

Who knows if we lynch a random we might bust a character claim

@mercychan

Can we get confirmation on your plans if inactive players can't be replaced?

I also uhhhh question the validity of character claiming. Mercy has has enough time to think of ways to fuck us over that I'm not sure character claiming would help. Really Only people who really know the genere could do any deducing. Not that I can really help with that.

I also notice the Stark contrast betwene people like val who are posting fluff and foxxi who seems to be trying.

- - - Updated - - -

you know who I havent killed in a long time? Robo

vote robozerim

I'm inclined to think that Dupti is telling the truth, if only because lying about having a stone is risky enough but a scum player isn't necessarily going to benefit from announcing they lost it because the paranoia that scum have access to a particular power is a viable tool, if that makes sense?

If he can convince me he's going to engage from here on out, I'll consider moving my vote elsewhere. Especially if it ensures that we get a lynch off.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    so scum likely to be first to push on me
    @cereal i read your question but honestly i think its a scummy question. i said i dont have anything of value to add, while i think you wanting to wait for me and ask me to share my thoughts on the game comes more across as you wanting to gain town cred. maybe this isnt fair but i just dont think town would care enough to ask me anything at this stage
    The reason I asked you is it was specifically stated that your prior posts were to complain about fluff. When you came it back it was to complain about fluff. Regardless of how valid a complaint, I wanted to see if you had opinions. And you did post about your stone which gives the town things to discuss.

So thank you. I was not trying to put you on the spot or anything because its you. I have done that to everyone, nearly the same question, who popped up into the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm inclined to think that Dupti is telling the truth, if only because lying about having a stone is risky enough but a scum player isn't necessarily going to benefit from announcing they lost it because the paranoia that scum have access to a particular power is a viable tool, if that makes sense?

If he can convince me he's going to engage from here on out, I'll consider moving my vote elsewhere. Especially if it ensures that we get a lynch off.
    I don't think Dupti is the person who will quit the game midway through, if there is no replacement. The fact he is still here and posting, I think, shows that.