Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You guys are missing the point. This isn't a brag post claiming that Paladins are amazing tanks or even that you should add one to your roster. He's also not claiming that his friend is the best Paladin ever. He's simply showing that it's possible. If you don't play or care about Classic then don't bother responding here.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    You guys are missing the point. This isn't a brag post claiming that Paladins are amazing tanks or even that you should add one to your roster. He's also not claiming that his friend is the best Paladin ever. He's simply showing that it's possible. If you don't play or care about Classic then don't bother responding here.
    But it's not really possible as per the video, because the Paladin tank in the video was dead for most of the fight.

Rogues can "tank" bosses for 15-20 seconds too, that doesn't make them tanks. I have 8k+ HP raidbuffed (no flask) as a Hunter and if i don't eat a CB i can "tank" for a hefty amount of time with heals, but I'm not a tank.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-12-22 at 06:46 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    But it's not really possible as per the video, because the Paladin tank in the video was dead for most of the fight.

Rogues can "tank" bosses for 15-20 seconds too, that doesn't make them tanks. I have 8k+ HP raidbuffed (no flask) as a Hunter and if i don't eat a CB i can "tank" for a hefty amount of time with heals, but I'm not a tank.
    Imagine comparing a high armor class with a protection specialization to a rogue or hunter

Did you even watch the video? He dies 20% in and stays dead for the rest of the fight.........That isnt how you prove something is possible. If i run 2km and then sit down and stay put for the rest of the race, that doesnt prove i can run a marathon now does it?

Secondly, please dont try and dictate who can and cannot respond to this thread, you have zero control over that, so dont pretend you do.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-12-22 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Imagine comparing a high armor class with a protection specialization to a rogue or hunter
    Sorry, are you saying that Paladins are able to tank 4HM as shown in the video here? You know, the video where the tank is dead for 80% of the fight? Because my point was that Rogues and Hunters can't tank 4HM and according to this video evidence neither can a Paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

The video doesn't prove that though, because the Paladin doesn't even come close to tanking the whole fight.

Quote Originally Posted by blooderduki View Post
    Paladin Tank did his job here properly and was swapping Targets easy,
    I'm curious how you normally swap tanks as a Paladin in Classic?
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

Sorry, are you saying that Paladins are able to tank 4HM as shown in the video here? You know, the video where the tank is dead for 80% of the fight? Because my point was that Rogues and Hunters can't tank 4HM and according to this video evidence neither can a Paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

The video doesn't prove that though, because the Paladin doesn't even come close to tanking the whole fight.
    Obviously OP is just trying to prove that it's possible for Paladins to spec prot and enter Naxxramas. /s
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

If you think paladins can't tank 4 horsemen, you don't understand how the fight works.

If you think that you should ever do it with paladin, you don't understand how the fight works.

Luckily the paladin died just in time before causing more problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trajer View Post
    I'm curious how you normally swap tanks as a Paladin in Classic?
    You just do more threat than the current tank. Each mark halves your threat, so it's not that hard to do the swap without taunting on the bosses in the back, when there is no one actually doing damage on them.

There is difference between Tanking and non Tanking Class/Specs.

Where Paladin Protection is considered as a Tank and Tanking Spec.

1- It has Tools to do it compare to other Classes/Specs you are trying to compare.
    2- It is Plate wearer in order to bring Armor mitigation and Survive compare to other 2 Classes you are referring.
    3- It has high Threat Abilities and Mechanics compared to other 2 Classes you are referring.

There is no such thing as "Meme Spec" , there is only Specs who have their ups and downs.

For instance , when there is talk about Surviving , Warriors would survive better compare to Paladins in Tanking Gear, but they have to sacrifice HUGE amount of Threat which will make issues in Raid and bring it to a "Meme point" as a noob Tank.

When there is talk about Threat, Warriors can't match Paladin Tank at all , while Warrior has to use DPS Gear in order to make enough Threats, Paladins don't.
    This make Warrior Tank as a Papper Tank who lack HUGE amount of surviving , while Paladin can still keep up into Tanking Gear and still do enough Threat.

The ONLY reason why Warriors are taken into advantage is Taunt, but hence skilled Paladin Tank DON'T need Taunt in order to do his job, here is where Warrior no longer have his own advantages compare to Paladin Tank, but he slowly goes to History and becoming more and more suboptimal.
    Writing every other word in bold makes you look cool, doesn't it?

I'm no longer very much up to date regarding the classic meta, as aside from some casuals wiping on sapphiron due to lack of FR, the so called more serious raiders are steamrolling through whatever there is with the only worry being whether they finish the raid in 1 or 1.5 hours. So I guess the vanilla concerns of going OOM in a minute can be ignored.
    Lack of taunt, or sub-optimal threat? Seems the beauty is in the eye of the beholder here, as lack of threat is HUGE issue whereas lack of taunt is just a gimmick that yields those poor bullying warriors their raid invites. Just face the fact, playing any spec that ranges anywhere BETWEEN sub-optimal or meme does not make you any special. Just next time spare the effort to record a kill where you survive till the end, as it seems to be the case you died there.
    Skilled paladin will still need the taunt on some encounters where hard switching is required. Just don't start coming up with the bullshit of how a SKILLED paladin can precisely adjust their threat generation and snag the aggro at whatever split second they must.
    Making videos of whatever for entertainment purposes solely can be all fun, but going full retard claiming them as some huge achievements is a bit meh. Like stated, had you survived, this'd be in the books of these aforementioned shaman tanking feats; Sub-optimal spec doing whatever things that no progressing raid would never do, but with utterly trivialized content allows you to do funny and entertaining things.

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Writing every other word in bold makes you look cool, doesn't it?

I'm no longer very much up to date regarding the classic meta, as aside from some casuals wiping on sapphiron due to lack of FR, the so called more serious raiders are steamrolling through whatever there is with the only worry being whether they finish the raid in 1 or 1.5 hours. So I guess the vanilla concerns of going OOM in a minute can be ignored.
    Lack of taunt, or sub-optimal threat? Seems the beauty is in the eye of the beholder here, as lack of threat is HUGE issue whereas lack of taunt is just a gimmick that yields those poor bullying warriors their raid invites. Just face the fact, playing any spec that ranges anywhere BETWEEN sub-optimal or meme does not make you any special. Just next time spare the effort to record a kill where you survive till the end, as it seems to be the case you died there.
    Skilled paladin will still need the taunt on some encounters where hard switching is required. Just don't start coming up with the bullshit of how a SKILLED paladin can precisely adjust their threat generation and snag the aggro at whatever split second they must.
    Making videos of whatever for entertainment purposes solely can be all fun, but going full retard claiming them as some huge achievements is a bit meh. Like stated, had you survived, this'd be in the books of these aforementioned shaman tanking feats; Sub-optimal spec doing whatever things that no progressing raid would never do, but with utterly trivialized content allows you to do funny and entertaining things.
    Time's up , here is a full fight with some flaws where Protection Paladin DO IT!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Bro , congratulation for becoming the first Meme.

--- snip ---

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    In classic we call that a carry. In vanilla we called that a carry. This is a video of an incompetent player failing at the one simple task they had, then lying on the floor dead for 80% of the fight, while everyone else does all the work.

Then, to top it off, when everyone else is done carrying their corpse, they jump up and down screaming "I DID IT I DID IT - WORLD FIRST BABY!!!".

This video is a valuable tool when discussing two things moving forward: Can pallies tank 4H, and what skill level is required to clear the hardest content classic has to offer.
    This is a video of an incompetent player failing at the one simple task they had, then lying on the floor dead for 80% of the fight, while everyone else does all the work.
    Fixed it for you :

--- snip ---

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Gratz. It s unusual to do and even though the paly tanked for a whole 63 seconds, he still did it.

Now as for your claim about a pally being able to main tank? That is incorrect. A pally cannot main tank. That is a fact. A main tank is a tank that can control the fight. That means being able to taunt when needed. A paly cannot do that. Therefore q paly cannot main tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why did the paladin die and stay dead? If it really was a tank then you would expect the raid to get him him pronto.

FACT. Paladins aren't real tanks.
    FACT: Real tanks can tank in dps gear.

I have raided with druid tanks and paly tanks and the like. They even have turns being the "main" tank to make it interesting sometimes. But when it comes down to progression fights (AKA we haven't killed the boss yet but we are going to one shot it even the 37 people haven't seen the boss ever) the real tanks are used. The reason is we don't have time or the patience to indulge someone's gf who likes the pretty paladin or the grumpy bear. Next week sweetheart. We promise.
    Ok , now re read your words and then watch this one :

--- snip ---

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    What's strange is yes the boss went over to the mage (because he must have taken threat from the dps warrior) however the paladin did nothing, and the mage did nothing, yet the paladin got threat back? I don't play classic so I don't know how these bosses work but I am guessing proximity is the reason the paladin got threat? Because he literally did nothing after the Exorcism and got it.

Regardless you keep saying warrior tank but it wasn't a warrior tank, the warrior tank died, it was a dps warrior who taunted because the paladin bubbled and all hell broke lose. Would the paladin have lived if he didn't bubble? Who knows he got a bunch of heals one second after, might've been fine. All I know is the rest of the group worked their asses off for this kill to work around this paladin.
    ok, fixed it for you now :

--- snip ---

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You mean like trying to prove prot pallies can tank 4h by showing a video of a dead one?

- - - Updated - - -

Not when you're dead on the floor for 80% of a fight it doesnt.
    Well , this will never make you happy i suppose :

--- snip ---

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, it's clear that a pally cannot tank the 4 Horsemen...
    Right :

--- snip ---

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    What am I looking at here? A tank dead for most of the encounter, what's your point mate?
    Fixed now :

--- snip ---

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Paladins can tank...if there's a warry doing his job while he's dead. Oh boy.
    This you mean ?

--- snip ---

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The irony of this video is that it proves exactly the opposite lol.

But that's killerduki for you... he made a "name" for himself on the largest private server back then with funny threads like this.
    OK , i think you are right at one point.

Take a look at this one :

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-12-23 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Removed Video Spam

--- snip ---
    Once again, this isn't really special.

It's loading up a guy who is objectively worse at doing this, and stumbling through it all. This is a pally handed tons of gear, and being carried.

A warrior is simply objectively better.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-12-23 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    How in the hell is this proof of literally anything? He was alive for 2.5 minutes, and dead for the remaining 5. Literally 66% of the fight he was dead and someone else was doing what he couldn't.
    Yes, right , how the heck is that even proof?

Or maybe this one is ?

--- snip ---

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    >prot paladins can tank this boss
    >prot paladin dies while tanking it

sure you can buddy
    Yes buddy, just broke your Ice <3

--- snip ---

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Enh I don't take this as proof paladins are good tanks but I think people here have been a bit harsh. The warrior dippa dies which has nothing to do with the paladin as far as I can tell and he IMO makes a decent play shielding so he doesn't go down as well.

How does he take Blaumeux at 2:12 and then Zeliek back a few minutes later?
    This way :

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-12-23 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Imagine thinking that spending 2/3 of a fight dead on the ground is successfully tanking a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bro , congratulation for becoming the first Meme.
    This comment coming from killerduki, the biggest meme in the entire pserver community who carried his legacy of nonsensical trash into WoW Classic, is fucking phenomenal. You've been at it since Feenix and you still argue in as much bad faith as you ever have.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-12-23 at 08:40 PM.

Snip out your intentional spam
    This is called a strawman. No one has said it is impossible - havnt seen a single person say that. It was done 14 years ago. What everyone is saying is:

- This player is getting a HARD carry, and that is extremely obvious
    - They have funneled gear to the player - gear which would have been FAR better utilized on a superior class/spec
    - A video of a player being dead for 80% of a fight is a fucking TERRIBLE way to prove something is possible.
    - Even this video the player has zero thread for quite a chunk of the fight
    - Even in the second video the entire group is catering to this one special snowflake and carrying them, just to complete a "world first" that was completed well over a decade ago, without any fanfare.

You keep ignoring two simple facts; people are not saying its impossible, they are saying its impractical. And secondly, all this does is show how simplistic and easy classic is, when some window licker can get carried through the fight, who is clicking abilities, moving abilities around on their bars mid fight, terrible positioning, terrible threat management, and was dead for 80% of what you initially called a "world first", and not actively tanking the vast majority in your second example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So here's what "tanking" looks like:

5:05-5:50: Stand in middle
    5:50-6:15: Run over to boss, run around for a couple seconds, never actually reach boss, then run back
    6:15-6:30: Stand in middle
    6:30-6:50: Run over and start "tanking" boss:
    6:50: Warrior leaves, Mage has aggro, boss running away from paladin
    6:59: Mage still has aggro. Paladin 7th in threat7;
    7:00: Warrior comes back and takes aggro
    7:04: Next warrior comes and takes aggro
    7:05-7:55: Back to standing in middle
    7:55-8:20: Goes to next boss, never gets aggro. Goes back to middle.

Boss dies.
    WORLD FIRST BABY1!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed now :
    What am I looking at here? A tank dead not having aggro for most of the encounter, what's your point mate?

Thank you blooderduki for posting your video of a protection paladin tanking four horsemen, it's yet another great piece of evidence of why prot paladins are inferior tanks. I am very grateful for your sacrifice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Imagine thinking that spending 2/3 of a fight dead on the ground is successfully tanking a boss.
    Lol quote me where I said that. Ill wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    From the 5 minute mark on, he never once has aggro on a mob. Good tanking.
    I like the part where they try and get him aggro on a boss by throwing BoP on the tank, especially on Zeliek at around 6:50 where it ignores the paladin and goes straight for the mage before a proper tank comes in to pick him up.
    Speciation Is Gradual