Poll: Do you personally prefer Tyrande Whisperwind or Sylvanas Windrunner?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    But things ARE comparable; Strike down rebels,that take up arms against a legit leader.

There is no other way to perceive it, UNLESS you use fanboi-glasses..
    I see, thank you for confirming you're deliberately ignoring the circumstances and context around the two events you try to compare. Bonus points, you try to claim viewing the complete picture of each event is "fanboi-glasses". OK then, yet another "HoRdE aM rIGhT" poster who ignores anything that doesn't suit his argument. Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Comparing a pack of wild beasts to a human city full of innocent human lives? Really?
    eh; I wouldn't call Furbolgs mongrels; they're also sentient and intelligent and they are greatly respected by Night Elves
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    eh; I wouldn't call Furbolgs mongrels; they're also sentient and intelligent and they are greatly respected by Night Elves
    They were corrupted by the Legion and a direct threat to the Kaldorei. They were beyond saving. You have no problem with Rommath throwing Umbric and his group of mostly scholars into Scourge-infested wilderness, so why are you acting like Tyrande is the Devil for culling a corrupted tribe that was doomed?

If anything, the furbolg would thank Tyrande for putting them out of their misery. There's nothing worse than being enslaved by the Legion's foul sorcery. Something that the primitive orcs should know quite well by now.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-12-22 at 05:10 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Well, at least our resident void elf fan is consistent with Ally values, i.e. waving an admonishing finger whenever and wherever he can, but calling "wild beasts" anyone not included in his arbitrary list of Respectable™ races.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't care for Tyrande but I've never liked Sylvanas.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Fifteen years ago, Tyrande was the easy answer. Then they spent the intervening time systematically ruining her character, and from Cata and forwards ruining Sylvanas. You're asking which smoking crater is more interesting.
    Basically this. I preferred the pragmatic scheming Sylvanas who just wanted a future for the Forsaken and would do anything to secure that future. The you are all nothing flavor was/is a disappointment.

Tyrande I pretty much only liked in WC3. She started to get a bit better but now shes just the new old sylvanas. Meh.

Selecting between smoking craters indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    now shes just the new old sylvanas.
    Tyrande = Sylvanas lite? Come to think about it, and it's well within the realm of possibility with Danuser & co. After all, the most conspicuous of author mouthpieces has already stated that she is cOnSUmeD bY VenGEanCe, which equals to a straight thumbs down from the writing team.

As hard as they’ve tried to ruin Tyrande as a character and the Night Elves as a race, Tyrande will always be better than Danuser’s waifu.

Tyrande but not by much.

she is at least somewhat consistent when it comes to portrayal.

meanwhile, Sylvanas is as inconsistent as it gets with retcons.

kinda funny when people say how Tyrande is shit because she killed her own people to free the Betrayer (which was a good thing at first until Malfurion banished him) then the same people praise Sylvanas who slaughtered many innocents, killed her own soldiers, wanted YOUR PLAYER DEAD and conspires with death.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-12-22 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

I don't like either of them.

I'd personally take Tyrande over Sylvanas since I hate anything and everything that's about the Windrunner sisters.

Ideally though, I'd leave Tyrande and put Maiev in charge of the Night Elves. An actual character who didn't need no ritual to have teeth and grit.
    "But Night Elf Mages will be killed or exiled if she was in charge!"

Me: I fail to see the issue with exiling a small minority.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I don't like either of them.

I'd personally take Tyrande over Sylvanas since I hate anything and everything that's about the Windrunner sisters.

Ideally though, I'd leave Tyrande and put Maiev in charge of the Night Elves. An actual character who didn't need no ritual to have teeth and grit.
    "But Night Elf Mages will be killed or exiled if she was in charge!"

Me: I fail to see the issue with exiling a small minority.
    Besides, it would be time for some assholery within the Alliance, this statu quo of uber tolerance can be highly desirable IRL, but it makes for terrible storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Besides, it would be time for some assholery within the Alliance, this statu quo of uber tolerance can be highly desirable IRL, but it makes for terrible storytelling.
    Quite so.

The Horde has had it's fair share of characters that break the status quo of "tolerance."

The Alliance does have them...Blizzard just needs to bring them to the forefront. These characters would make the Alliance interesting and it wouldn't be "Humans and Pals" where everyone bends the knee because Anduin's feelings got hurt.

Blizzard can do it. The way Maiev treated Anduin in Stormwind was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Where is it stated Sylvanas is millenia old? The oldest High Elf ever recorded was Anasterian Sunstrider, who was 3000 years old and a fragile old man at the time of his death. Sylvanas is probably less than a 1000 years old, she's a child compared to Tyrande, as are most characters aside from her the Draenei and her fellow Night Elves.

Maybe because it wasn't just Sylvanas and her loyalists that raided Ashenvale and Darkshore and slaughtered countless innocents on their way. How dare she be angry with them.

Gonna need some fellow Alliance players to back your claim up, because I personally despised Saurfang as a character. He may very well be a bigger war criminal than Sylvanas. On Draenor, Saurfang led forces in the sacking of Shattrath, killing many innocent Draenei. During the First War he personally hunted down humans during the siege of Stormwind. But Sylvanas killed him in a Mak'gora and now he's a martyr. Even Anduin freaking Wrynn, the king of Stormwind, carried Saurfang's corpse on his back. Varian and Llane must be rolling in their graves.

In my personal opinion, Tyrande. She's demonized because she wants to hold the Horde accountable for their actions. The horror.
    There was the belf Rogue https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lorash_Sunbeam who was born in tirisfal glades making him 7300 years old.

And how many innocent malfurion did kill by not properly closing the well of eternity and causing its explosion and sundering like illidan said malfurion careless magics which he just pilled up on the well and not deadline with the real problem Mannoroth caused it and tyrande and nelfs protect him.

And alliance leadership or the draenai are not responsible? Heck priest order hall showed draenai didn't need to stop on those countless worlds which legion destroyed because they and they didn't even warn the locals heck draenai as a race have caused more horrors than the horde and what they got on draenors is what they brought to countless worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    ITT, basically, but what have we come to expect from MMO-Champion anyway?

Tyrande wins for me, but I am biased since I love the Night Elf lore. I do hate the way she was written by incompetent writers throughout WoW, but her current incarnation beats Sylvanas soundly (and if Sylvanas gets a redemption arc she's immediately Me'dan level, yeet her to space to stay with Illidan thanks pls).

I never understood the appeal of Sylvanas anyway. Do horny men really love undead chicks?
    No, but Sylvanas damn sure doesn't look like any other undead. That's for sure.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    There was the belf Rogue https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lorash_Sunbeam who was born in tirisfal glades making him 7300 years old.

And how many innocent malfurion did kill by not properly closing the well of eternity and causing its explosion and sundering like illidan said malfurion careless magics which he just pilled up on the well and not deadline with the real problem Mannoroth caused it and tyrande and nelfs protect him.

And alliance leadership or the draenai are not responsible? Heck priest order hall showed draenai didn't need to stop on those countless worlds which legion destroyed because they and they didn't even warn the locals heck draenai as a race have caused more horrors than the horde and what they got on draenors is what they brought to countless worlds.
    Lets have it right.

The author of that novella didn't know Blood Elf lore at all. Hell, he even forgot the night elf spying operation in the Ghostlands.
    With that in mind, and the lore always suggesting high elves live to around the age of 3000, then I wouldn't take Lorash or the author seriously.

Lets have it right.

The author of that novella didn't know Blood Elf lore at all. Hell, he even forgot the night elf spying operation in the Ghostlands.
    With that in mind, and the lore always suggesting high elves live to around the age of 3000, then I wouldn't take Lorash or the author seriously.
    If its written and blizzard doesn't retcon it nor comment on it its still canon. As ANYTHING blizzard says in a lorebook or interview is canon as they decided to put it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    If its written and blizzard doesn't retcon it nor comment on it its still canon. As ANYTHING blizzard says in a lorebook or interview is canon as they decided to put it out.
    By that logic, Night Elf spies in Ghostlands never happened.

By that logic, Night Elf spies in Ghostlands never happened.
    Not really as they never stated that nelfs spies weren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    The entire horde military marched up ashenvale and into darkshore slaughtering everything and everyone they came across not taking a single prisoner. Then the forsaken with the protection of the hordes elite forces blighted darkshore as the Valkyr raised the dead into dark rangers. How is the horde blameless in this?
    When Garrosh went bad, Blizz said the "Majority" of the Orcs sided with the Alliance against him. So...it's hard to top that for insane bs not shown in game.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Pest or cholera, really.

They both are edgy, angry elves with annoying voices and dubious motives, neither are reasonable and both are way too one dimensional.
    /thread
    10char
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.