View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for to claim Race to World First: Sire Denathrius

Voters
344. This poll is closed
  • Method [EU]

23 6.69%
  • Limit [US]

198 57.56%
  • Echo [EU]

74 21.51%
  • Pieces [EU]

9 2.62%
  • BIG DUMB GUILD [US]

7 2.03%
  • Exorsus [EU(RU)]

3 0.87%
  • Aversion [EU]

2 0.58%
  • Lazarus Imperative [US]

1 0.29%
  • FatSharkYes [EU]

3 0.87%
  • Club Camel [US]

4 1.16%
  • The Cleveland Browns/Other/No One!!

20 5.81%
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'd like to know that as well. Surely they must have jobs/school, and they take days off for the race.
    Some do it full time, some probably have jobs that they take off from (unpaid vacation at some point too probably).

Max lives entirely off streaming and his sponsors.

Have Echo finished for the night and if they have does anyone know what time they are starting tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    i repeat dont care about them, echo may even dont kill it soon anyway
    kind of hard to kill it when you're not even raiding atm and still haven't even gone to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I'm very curious as to what the monetary compensation for Limit is for stuff like this, considering they only do it 1-2 times per year. Do they have other jobs?
    They are paid with gaming gear from sponsors which is industry standard for exposure they bring + they get their online portfolio promoted (easier to start career as twitch streamer/youtuber). Whatever they get from complexity is a big unknown apart from them taking care of food/housing for the duration of the event but you shouldn't expect much there.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    They are paid with gaming gear from sponsors which is industry standard for exposure they bring + they get their online portfolio promoted (easier to start career as twitch streamer/youtuber). Whatever they get from complexity is a big unknown apart from them taking care of food/housing for the duration of the event but you shouldn't expect much there.
    Max also splits upwards of 70% of all money his stream makes with the guild during the races, including every sub gained during the race.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Funny how the americans and others get salty when people cheat in order to make a non-level playing field.

But when an uneven one benefits them, it's fine.
    Are we reading the same thread? Are you missing all the salty Europeans right now? LOL. Limit doesn't set the server reset times, and has no control. Now they want to bend the rules of what WORLD FIRST KILL actually means so a EU guild can win.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    No one is getting abused, jfc lol

- - - Updated - - -

They do get some form of salary/monetary compensation from Complexity but I don't know how high it is, probably nothing too amazing but enough to keep this lifestyle up for a while? I imagine they have other obligations like stream quotas and stuff but I can't really say for sure. Maybe only some members like Max do? Who knows.

I think Limit as a guild is quite young on average though, so some of their members are going to school or whatever still I guess if they don't have an interest in making streaming their main thing.
    I know Max was an engineer before this so he definitely had a "regular" job. I'm always just curious as to what the pay cut (if any) is like. Outside of this, I don't think he averages more than a couple hundred people per stream in the "off" season. I don't know that much about Twitch, but I can't imagine that's enough to make a living on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trabsder View Post
    Have Echo finished for the night and if they have does anyone know what time they are starting tomorrow
    Probably in 10 hours or so. Maybe they can relax a little since there is really no competition from any guilds behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Kill on 95th page btw
    Lulw, called it

Congrats to Limit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Are we reading the same thread? Are you missing all the salty Europeans right now? LOL. Limit doesn't set the server reset times, and has no control. Now they want to bend the rules of what WORLD FIRST KILL actually means so a EU guild can win.
    I mean i fully support limit and their effort and also dont agree with people saying it somehow didnt count.

But doesn't mean that all regions shouldn't start at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I think it's best to let them have it. This "race" is over. But we may be able to force Blizzard to change it for the future.
    As if the people watching decide anything, Echoes already congratulated Limit lol

I mean i fully support limit and their effort and also dont agree with people saying it somehow didnt count.

That would be hella messy, who gets the 2 am reset time? The reset right in the middle of prime time? You're asking to screw with something that has worked for 16 years to appease a handful of guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    In the US (can't speak for Europe) there are also a fair number of extremely wealthy people who are happy to subsidize the ventures of their children.

And it's not even just wealthy people either - if you work for your family's business, it's generally much easier to take massive chunks of time off. So its a combination of all those things. But what I'm damn sure of is that none of them is working a high pressure corporate job with a family or any of that.
    Wasn't it also the case some time ago that x amount of race raiders were caught doing RMT? I have a faint memory of that... Those RMT websites always brag about employing the top players.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    As if the people watching decide anything, Echoes already congratulated Limit lol
    They also said that they want a global release. Just like Limit btw.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    In watching the streams, I'm curious about how much of a disadvantage it is for Echo that English is a second language for many of them. Listening to Limit's server, it's much more casual, everyone is from the same culture and obviously all speak the same language. I think that helps the atmosphere when you're playing with a group for 16 hours a day. Paragon always talked about how it was very important to them that they be able to speak Finnish when together as a guild.

It's definitely a pretty minor factor - there's tons of evidence that Europeans do extremely well in gaming anyway - but it's not something I had necessarily thought of much until I noticed the contrast between Echo and Limit.
    Out of all the things, I highly doubt English is one. Besides, Limit had 3 EU players in this kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Barolt View Post
    Yeah, this too, and Fragnance leaked a girl's nudes online as well. There are plenty of reasons to dislike Echo.
    The key point to what Fragnance did is even worse than that, he leaked them because he got upset that she didn't have time for him. Because she was in the hospital with her dying grandma. The fact that Echo welcomed him into their raid team shows that they really didn't care what Josh did, they just needed someone to take the fall for it. That happened to be Sco and the Method brand.

But seriously, how much money do you think there is in RMT? Let's go nuts and say that you can charge $1000 for a mythic end boss kill, and you want to use that money give each of your 25 raiders 40k + benefits (another 15k). So all you have to do is carry 26 people a week, 52 weeks a year.
    Most RMT back when the guilds were doing it was M+, you can get a lot quick that way and you're only splitting it 4 ways.

You only disparaged a whole nation of people, and claim they hypocritically get butthurt.... yet the EU fans do the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They also said that they want a global release. Just like Limit btw.
    No duh, no one is actually arguing against the global release btw.

You only disparaged a whole nation of people, and claim they hypocritically get butthurt.... yet the EU fans do the same thing.
    I was simply responding in kind.

No duh, no one is actually arguing against the global release btw.
    Apart from all the "ThEyRe FrEe To MoVe To Us If ThEy WaNt A gLoBaL rElEaSe" people

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I know Max was an engineer before this so he definitely had a "regular" job. I'm always just curious as to what the pay cut (if any) is like. Outside of this, I don't think he averages more than a couple hundred people per stream in the "off" season. I don't know that much about Twitch, but I can't imagine that's enough to make a living on.
    Streamer like him generally make their money from donations and sponsorships - viewer count isn't as important. I mean he's not going to be making e-boob money, but certainly with a few hundred consistent viewers he's making more than your average blue collar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.