Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

world first backpedaling

i wonder who will do it

i guess method
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Echo have already said world first is world first. But they do want to down Sire in the window just so Blizzard wakes up and releases the raid at the same time worldwide.

(note that limit and basically every guild to be in a world first race regardless of region have been pleading with blizzard to have the raids open for everyone at the same time for over a decade now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Echo have already said world first is world first. But they do want to down Sire in the window just so Blizzard wakes up and releases the raid at the same time worldwide.

(note that limit and basically every guild to be in a world first race regardless of region have been pleading with blizzard to have the raids open for everyone at the same time for over a decade now.)
    I mean this could easily be fixed on the community's side if they agreed to start when the EU reset happens.

Still a better solution than begging to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I mean this could easily be fixed on the community's side if they agreed to start when the EU reset happens.

Why does the "community" want to start at the EU reset?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Why does the "community" want to start at the EU reset?
    What is the question again?

The post I replied to said that Limit and every other WF raiding guild was pleading with Blizz for years.
    I provided the easiest solution there is to this problem.

Why is this a better solution than Blizzard setting a global reset-day?

Quote Originally Posted by Baneto View Post
    Why is this a better solution than Blizzard setting a global reset-day?
    It's not a better solution.
    It's the solution that the community (which mean WF raiders) can implement RIGHT NOW with the limited input they have.
    The easier solution than begging endlessly.

The reason I proposed the EU, and this will shock you, is because the EU reset is the one LATER.
    Just so you know, it's much easier to wait for NA than to time-travel for EU players.

To answer the deleted post also, it would actually work better if the EU reset was set to the current NA timer than the other way around.
    But as I said above with that we currenlty have available the easiest solution is if NA players simply waited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Because it forces Limit to raid ridiculous hours, which is the price they pay for being located on the wrong side of the planet.

Nobody sane in the community wants this solution.
    See above. Nobody cares, this is a world first race. Either your goal is fair competition or sleeping until 10 AM.

Obviously, the counter argument would be that the current setup is unfair to EU players, as by the time the servers reset NA is at 7/10 and you are literally lagging behind playing catch up.

It's the solution that the community (which mean WF raiders) can implement RIGHT NOW with the limited input they have.

The reason I proposed the EU, and this will shock you, is because the EU reset is the one LATER.
    Just so you know, it's much easier to wait for NA than to time-travel for EU players.

To answer the deleted post also, it would actually work better if the EU reset was set to the current NA timer than the other way around.
    But as I said above with that we currenlty have available the easiest solution is if NA players simply waited.

- - - Updated - - -

See above. Nobody cares, this is a world first race. Either your goal is fair competition or sleeping until 10 AM.
    While its a novel idea, but do you really think it would work in practically? I would rather Blizzard listened for once and made it one day for all.

While its a novel idea, but do you really think it would work in practically? I would rather Blizzard listened for once and made it one day for all.
    Why wouldn't it work?

All it needs is an agreement between WF raiding guilds that they would respect the wait until the EU reset. That is all.

From a technical standpoint there is no issue here. Would they be willing to do this? Probably not because they would have done it already.
    But it's a solution until Blizz actually merges the resets.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't world first counted by when the servers went live for each region, i.e. Time since raid released? So literally all regions can compete equally, given an honor system of not watching your competitors. Or as everyone has suggested a global release time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't need to change the server recycle day/times, just open Mythic difficulty at the same time globally - a la how expansion releases work. Likely easier to do as well.

You say "Listened for once and made it one day for all" like that's a simple decision. There's a thousand different discussions that would need to happen to make that a reality. I'll list a few:
    • No matter what time you pick, it'll be clash with some guilds sleep cycles/routines
    • Blizzard technical staff would need to be up for the reset and the following 8-12 hours
    • Potential bugs would be magnified due to everyone starting at the same time, instead of only half the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edJw08YhxEo

guess someone else did it
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-12-24 at 01:01 PM.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by mekira View Post
    Don't need to change the server recycle day/times, just open Mythic difficulty at the same time globally - a la how expansion releases work. Likely easier to do as well.
    That would mean that any guilds on time zones that reset before the mythic difficulty opens would have time to run a new heroic raid for more gear, which wouldn't be available for guilds in time zones closer to/at the mythic opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Make the raid open at 9am PST on a Sunday everywhere in the world and have at it. Problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously, the counter argument would be that the current setup is unfair to EU players, as by the time the servers reset NA is at 7/10 and you are literally lagging behind playing catch up.
    This isn't fair for my preferred region, therefore it should be unfair for the competition instead!

Really, a truly 2,000,000 IQ take bro.

What about China? Their reset is on a thursday.

World wide release time brings its own issues. Then we will have some people whining that either NA or EU gets to keep their normal sleep schedule while the one that gets changed would have to raid all night and sleep during the day.

No matter how you skin it some excuse can always be peeled up and from what I can tell with this "community" excuse making is something it's REALLY good at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    What about China? Their reset is on a thursday.
    Exactly, and no one cares right now because they really haven't pulled off wins. When they do suddenly that will be the big "but this and that" shit show to try to get their team the "but technically" win.

I mean this could easily be fixed on the community's side if they agreed to start when the EU reset hapens.

There is not chance that every guild will agree.
    If they want to start at the same time... some guilds will be pushed to play at night,