Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Chinese version of wow is too different in many ways that it might as well be considered its own game.
    What is different on chinese servers considering mythic raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Echo have already said world first is world first. But they do want to down Sire in the window just so Blizzard wakes up and releases the raid at the same time worldwide.

(note that limit and basically every guild to be in a world first race regardless of region have been pleading with blizzard to have the raids open for everyone at the same time for over a decade now.)
    Yeah, they are pleading... if casually the ones that can start raiding at 9AM will be the NA users.

Raid opening at the same time would mean that for some regions this will be in the late evening/early night and noone will raid during the night.

That’s why opening the raid simultaneously makes no sense anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Brother, you're projecting so hard you could set up a drive-in movie theater. I'd ask you to, you know, actually read my posts and respond to the content within them but it seems like you'd rather pretend your proposed solution is the only thing worth discussing in this thread. Have fun I guess.
    I already addressed why a time-based system wouldn't work in my opinion.

I saw no other ideas other than "Blizz should just do X" which is a non-argument cuz none of us represent Blizz and the WF race is a community event at its core.
    And even then, I agreed multiple times that Blizz should make a global reset.

Unlike you I actually engage with this discussion and you're only purpose here is to troll.

You say you are not biased yet your post history (and posts in this thread) clearly show that you call EU players "salty" and make dozens of excuses why this and that.
    Nobody cares.
    Make a thread and discuss your superiority complex there. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    I don't need to counter a non-argument.
    The WF race is a community made event anyway.
    Pretty much, but there's also an official Blizzard Mythic raid leaderboard since some time now. That didn't exist in the past, and it's pretty much an official statement of who Blizzard considers to be first. And the measurement seems the same.
    But even if it's a pure community-made event, that doesn't mean that the evaluation should have an intrinsic flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    Pretty much, but there's also an official Blizzard Mythic raid leaderboard since some time now. That didn't exist in the past, and it's pretty much an official statement of who Blizzard considers to be first. And the measurement seems the same.
    But even if it's a pure community-made event, that doesn't mean that the evaluation should have an intrinsic flaw.
    I always considered that more of a "here's how many guilds still need to do this before we have cross-realm mythic" thing.

Blizzard doesn't actually care about the WF race itself.

Okay, so if those EU players can adapt to NA reset times then it should be okay in the other was around as well.

I do agree that it would be better if the EU reset was moved to match the NA reset (much more reasonable time for both).
    However, as I stated like 3 times now, Blizz is not interested in re-making their weekly reset it seems.

So we have to work with what we have already. I'm not even sure if region transfers is a thing (this is not on the shop) but it's not needed when the alternative option is literally just waiting.
    It costs 0 money to wait, nobody loses anything and everyone can keep their own stuff at the end on their own realms/regions.
    It costs no money to create characters outside of buying the game which can just be done with gold, expecting the region who is currently on a normal schedule to fuck up their sleep schedules is absurd not to mention they would lose a day because of when reset is. Or do you also want them to not play on reset day so they only get 6 days each of the first two weeks boy that sure seems fair /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Since we have nnoggie from echo crying and throwing a tantrum after losing, it already started.
    He refuses to do any weak aura now out of kiddy tantrum.
    Wasn't he the primary person consistently dying in phase 2?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I just want to be sure. Are people really suggesting they make a change that would effect millions of players to make ~50 players happy?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    The best solution would be to start counting the time from the moment of the raid opening on the guild's realm. Then compare the times on that base only.
    I know the usual answers, like "it doesn't really matter since Echo almost downed him too", "race gets close in the end anyway", "first is first", "you're just jealous that region X won this time". The Asian region has even more of a disadvantage.
    Yeah, you can argue that it's not hugely relevant that EU is 24h behind when in the end they often won or get close to winning. But the thing is, why should we even argue or relativize?
    A 100% fair way to measure this stuff is not at all complicated and so why don't we start doing it? Just because it was never done before? Is it a tradition thing, like "we always did it poorly so we continue to do it poorly because it's tradition"? Is it because WoW PvE raid e-sport isn't that "important" compared to other e-sports? I don't know. But I don't get why it should always continue like this, when a fair solution is so damn easy (counting differently). Nothing has to change except the evaluation. Simple solution to a simple problem.

Anyway, congrats to Limit.
    Because it's literally not a 100 percent fair way because the hardest part is coming up with a working tactic and seeing it to completion not to mention CN is another full day behind EU.

I don't think expecting world first guilds to adhere to a gentleman's agreement is even remotely likely to work.

Keep in mind these guilds have done things like hide their talent builds, used exploits and spread misinformation about boss mechanics to gain an advantage.

That's without even getting into all of Method's dirty laundry.

Really, this is just another example of Blizzard ignoring feedback unless: it's incredibly easy to implement and/or agrees with what they were planning on doing anyway.

I should think Blizzard likes NA beta testing patches in production as they don't have to worry about resolving issues on so many servers.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    WF Castle Nathria with Elethium Diffuser enabled!
    Castle Nathria Hard Mode, theoretically impossible to clear!

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    What is different on chinese servers considering mythic raids?
    Nothing there hasn't been for years outside the later reset/start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So I just want to be sure. Are people really suggesting they make a change that would effect millions of players to make ~50 players happy?
    It's about 50k if that who raid mythic the first week tbh what they should but won't do is change the first lockout and second lockout of each tier to start at the same time worldwide for mythic only.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It costs no money to create characters outside of buying the game which can just be done with gold, expecting the region who is currently on a normal schedule to fuck up their sleep schedules is absurd not to mention they would lose a day because of when reset is. Or do you also want them to not play on reset day so they only get 6 days each of the first two weeks boy that sure seems fair /s

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, very elegant solution. Let's have them create multiple characters from scratch and gear those up again instead of like, the other side waiting half-a-day.

There are ups and downs.
    They would get to have another heroic run and M+ before the EU reset kicks in.

Also, everyone keeps saying this sleep schedule thing. Maybe I'm not old enough to understand how 1 day can fuck up your entire sleep schedule.
    The EU reset is around 2 AM in US time (give or take the time-zones).
    That would mean going to sleep that much earlier the day before ONCE. Nobody said they would need to keep doing 2 AM raids every day after.
    Olympic players don't complain this much about jet-leg for days or weeks. And that is actually affecting their bio-rythm.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing there hasn't been for years outside the later reset/start.

- - - Updated - - -

It's about 50k if that who raid mythic the first week tbh what they should but won't do is change the first lockout and second lockout of each tier to start at the same time worldwide for mythic only.
    I figured we were mainly just talking about the top 2-5 guilds. As they are about the only ones where a day of raiding makes a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    How people can consider it world first is beyond me. People need to use their brains lol. Worlds fastest is the only way to measure skill in the current situation. You cant consider anything a race unless you either start everyone at the same time, or you go by fastest time. End of story.

Thats not to say Limit arent the best, if they complete it fastest regardless then obviously they are the best, but if Echo complete it in a faster overall time then they are world first in the eyes of anyone intelligent.
    world first =/= world fastest. Your literally comparing two different things.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

How people can consider it world first is beyond me. People need to use their brains lol. Worlds fastest is the only way to measure skill in the current situation. You cant consider anything a race unless you either start everyone at the same time, or you go by fastest time. End of story.

Thats not to say Limit arent the best, if they complete it fastest regardless then obviously they are the best, but if Echo complete it in a faster overall time then they are world first in the eyes of anyone intelligent.
    I absolutely agree with you.

The issue is that it's called the World First because the goal is to be the first to kill the last boss, not the fastest.
    Unlike a traditional speedrun the timer does not matter here, even tho this would be an elegant solution.
    Unfortuantely community perception does not accept this solution.

It doesnt matter. It only affects 40 players. Its irrelevant for millions of others.
    Let it be, if limit wanted fair game they would have waited 1 day.

Yes, very elegant solution. Let's have them create multiple characters from scratch and gear those up again instead of like, the other side waiting half-a-day.

There are ups and downs.
    They would get to have another heroic run and M+ before the EU reset kicks in.

Also, everyone keeps saying this sleep schedule thing. Maybe I'm not old enough to understand how 1 day can fuck up your entire sleep schedule.
    The EU reset is around 2 AM in US time (give or take the time-zones).
    That would mean going to sleep that much earlier the day before ONCE. Nobody said they would need to keep doing 2 AM raids every day after.
    Olympic players don't complain this much about jet-leg for days or weeks. And that is actually affecting their bio-rythm.
    You realize gearing up takes like no time right and that they have several months before the next raid will be announced let alone start testing? Bite the bullet and do it now. Also no it doesn't mean doing it once it means doing it for several weeks in advance to get your body accommodated to it as well as during the race because having a consistent schedule is incredibly important when doing the race.

No I am not comparing 2 different things. You're misinterpreting me. World's fastest time from current reset to first clear is the ONLY measure of success cross region and that is a FACT.

- - - Updated - - -

Its pretty simple, once the first guild downs last boss, it should start a countdown that other regions have to race to beat in order to claim the title from them. EU/NA is one day separated for example, so if an NA guild kills it first, EU guilds should have until the day after to beat them to the achievement.
    I understand, however the WF culture did not grow up with this perspective.

Since WoW is a thing WF always meant "the first to kill" regardless of time.
    This causes the issue that people will start lashing out at WF kills retroactively. It'd be a mess.
    You can't change years and years of "culture" unfortunately, even tho the change would be fair.

- - - Updated - - -

to give you an idea;

https://streamable.com/6vsjsv

this is how salty he was. It's adorable really.

No I am not comparing 2 different things. You're misinterpreting me. World's fastest time from current reset to first clear is the ONLY measure of success cross region and that is a FACT.

- - - Updated - - -

Its pretty simple, once the first guild downs last boss, it should start a countdown that other regions have to race to beat in order to claim the title from them. EU/NA is one day separated for example, so if an NA guild kills it first, EU guilds should have until the day after to beat them to the achievement.

If the community don't accept it then they're just idiots so whatever lol.
    See here's the problem with that oh so brilliant idea. Being a video guild isn't hard and once you can copy a tactic you know for sure works it significantly reduces the difficulty of the encounter. The only current solution since blizz refuses to budge on lockouts/release is to set up NA characters because anyone who has participated in the race knows your "suggestion" is an utter joke.

You realize gearing up takes like no time right and that they have several months before the next raid will be announced let alone start testing? Bite the bullet and do it now. Also no it doesn't mean doing it once it means doing it for several weeks in advance to get your body accommodated to it as well as during the race because having a consistent schedule is incredibly important when doing the race.
    Gearing up takes no time? For WF? They are CONSTANTLY gearing since release for WF. Every day.

Also, no. I'm not old enough to feel unaccomodated cuz of one day. I didn't even say they'd need to not sleep for 24 hours. Just like, 5 hours earlier?
    Everyone at their age should have no issue with this, it's not like they are doing construction work or anything.
    I had my fair shares of overtime (especially in the movie business) and to me it seemed like people can easily accomodate if they are determined.