Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    I already posted regarding the matter feel free to check the history, I don't like repeating myself to people like you cherrypicking and posting something stupid such as "I thought it was World First, not American First." as the reply which is obvious trolling. Feel free to ignore me, I'm doing the same thing of ignoring you.
    Okay, thanks and have a good day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This is true. It doesn't negate the headstart, but it is a factor all the same. It seems difficult to calculate a timer based on it. I couldn't do it, but maybe there are people who can.
    Exactly. It's messy no matter what. However, it's been like 19 hours since Denathrius was killed and Echo is still 9/10, they had pulls around 12% so... they just gave up? Maybe they saw their DPS was a little behind Limit's? Or maybe it was their terrible coms and the stress and other things that come along with that kind of environment? Who knows, either way Limit was the MVP this race by far, more professional in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Exactly. It's messy no matter what. However, it's been like 19 hours since Denathrius was killed and Echo is still 9/10, they had pulls around 12% so... they just gave up? Maybe they saw their DPS was a little behind Limit's? Or maybe it was their terrible coms and the stress and other things that come along with that kind of environment? Who knows, either way Limit was the MVP this race by far, more professional in every way.
    They had a sub 1% wipe about 30 mins ago.

They could've given up as soon as Limit got Denathrius down as they figured that that would be acknowledged as the world first.

Anyway, the most feasible (that is not to say good) solution I have seen is for Blizzard to set up special servers for the world first race, but that in itself is a lot of heavy lifting. Still insist that a competition that doesn't take all of these factors into account isn't much of a race, though.

But I'm happy to give Limit the win now that even any headstart has been thoroughly negated.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Cause this isn't a traditional sport. With normal sports you have everyone start on equal grounds in the same place. IF we were to do that with this everyone would need to be in the same place using pc\s with all the same add-ons/specs.

I'm just saying there are too many factors that using time alone isn't right. To me a person that killed it in 2 days without practice did it much faster than the one that did it with 100 hours of practice and 2 days.

- - - Updated - - -

No it's just world first atm. EU is a day behind.
    This seems a bit odd but if top guilds agree it’s good like this, just let this be.

It has never been truly competitive/esports level, as pointed out by so many... (for that to be the case there would need to be more changes than just the time difference), it's just a nice and fun community spectacle.

I don't understand how you can get so salty about this or even demand changes that would also affect 99% of other raiding players even if only slightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    They had a sub 1% wipe about 30 mins ago.
    It's taken them 19 hours to shave off 10%? Yikes. Either way at this point, Limit won.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    It has never been truly competitive/esports level, as pointed out by so many... (for that to be the case there would need to be more changes than just the time difference), it's just a nice and fun community spectacle.
    Maybe in the past. But with so many sponsors and a lot of guilds taking it as seriously as they do, I wouldn't say it's "just a nice and fun community spectacle."

10+ Year Old Account
    They could've given up as soon as Limit got Denathrius down as they figured that that would be acknowledged as the world first.

Anyway, the most feasible (that is not to say good) solution I have seen is for Blizzard to set up special servers for the world first race, but that in itself is a lot of heavy lifting. Still insist that a competition that doesn't take all of these factors into account isn't much of a race, though.

But I'm happy to give Limit the win now that even any headstart has been thoroughly negated.
    Actually a special server sounds kinda alright, but it'd have to be a central location to all regions so everyone had similar latency, which would mean everyone would be playing at higher latencies which is doable but not really preferable.

Actually a special server sounds kinda alright, but it'd have to be a central location to all regions so everyone had similar latency, which would mean everyone would be playing at higher latencies which is doable but not really preferable.
    To be fair, that would hopefully be everyone with the same issues, then.

But you'd have several things to tackle. First, Blizzard would have to want to do that work and guilds would have to agree to raiding on an isolated server where they get to keep none of the "spoils" afterwards.

They would perhaps be willing to do so if this competition took place quite a bit ahead of official game wide release, but then that would also lock your average guild out of trying and make it some kinda opt-in thing.

I don't understand how you can get so salty about this or even demand changes that would also affect 99% of other raiding players even if only slightly.
    There are only about 35k mythic raiders, there were 150k concurrent viewers last night on just the 2 main streams. If I were Blizzard I would try to please the huge amount of people watching too, its good PR for Wow.

Special servers make no sense because major issue is time zone and this is not solvable in any way.

So in this theory, should we also give all guilds artificial ping delays to even it up for those that have to play on higher pings?

Lol they just wiped at 0.05%. At the 16hr mark ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, that would hopefully be everyone with the same issues, then.

But you'd have several things to tackle. First, Blizzard would have to want to do that work and guilds would have to agree to raiding on an isolated server where they get to keep none of the "spoils" afterwards.

They would perhaps be willing to do so if this competition took place quite a bit ahead of official game wide release, but then that would also lock your average guild out of trying and make it some kinda opt-in thing.
    They could easily do free transfers, at this point the process is likely entirely automated and it'd be no different than copying to a PTR realm and then copying it back after the raid is done with the spoils. Maybe they could even lock the character on live servers just to prevent any weird stuff until they come back. However an issue with this would be things consumables/using the AH, copying characters back and forth for the sake of transferring items would be slightly tedious but if it helps fix a larger issue than it could be worth the annoyance. They'd also have to keep server tags to prevent people from abusing the server to transfer things around.

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Lol they just wiped at 0.05%. At the 16hr mark ;P
    Painful to wipe at 0.05%, holy shit.

Not that if we took the headstart into account, it'd be a full 16hr difference. Limit already won.

There are only about 35k mythic raiders, there were 150k concurrent viewers last night on just the 2 main streams. If I were Blizzard I would try to please the huge amount of people watching too, its good PR for Wow.

Maybe in the past. But with so many sponsors and a lot of guilds taking it as seriously as they do, I wouldn't say it's "just a nice and fun community spectacle."
    Sure because they generate a lot of viewers which is great for the sponsors, and it seems like it works and pulls in viewers without having 100% competitive integrity regardless. (Because it's still close enough i guess?)

But as long as blizzard doesn't really acknowledge it and turns it into a competitive scene it simply is a nice and fun community spectacle*with sponsors.

Not that if we took the headstart into account, it'd be a full 16hr difference. Limit already won.
    Yah, 19k hp.

Haha are you serious? Even if you're a US fanboy you can see without the head start it would have been extremely close with either guild able to take it.

They could easily do free transfers, at this point the process is likely entirely automated and it'd be no different than copying to a PTR realm and then copying it back after the raid is done with the spoils. Maybe they could even lock the character on live servers just to prevent any weird stuff until they come back. However an issue with this would be things consumables/using the AH, copying characters back and forth for the sake of transferring items would be slightly tedious but if it helps fix a larger issue than it could be worth the annoyance. They'd also have to keep server tags to prevent people from abusing the server to transfer things around.
    Honestly, the more I think of all of this, the more I think "Just turn it into an official competition where Blizzard sets up official stations with their own servers like two weeks before official raid releases where the top contending guilds can duke it out."

I feel like World Firsts at this point are in a difficult middle point between being "a fun little competition" and "an official, high-stakes race," and I think Blizzard and the community need to pick a side. It's either just a fun race that doesn't matter, or it's super serious, with sponsors, serious Blizzard acknowledgment and commentary, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha are you serious? Even if you're a US fanboy you can see without the head start it would have been extremely close with either guild able to take it.
    You can read back my posts to see how much of an US fanboy I am.

The fact of the matter is that even with a 16 hr headstart, Limit has won. But it wasn't even a 16hr headstart because of the different factors, like bugs US had to face by going first, into account.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure because they generate a lot of viewers which is great for the sponsors, and it seems like it works and pulls in viewers without having 100% competitive integrity regardless. (Because it's still close enough i guess?)

But as long as blizzard doesn't really acknowledge it and turns it into a competitive scene it simply is a nice and fun community spectacle*with sponsors.
    See my post aimed at Jazzhands. I think at this point, a side should be chosen, rather than sticking to some ambiguous in between.