Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    IDK Limit took 64 hours From Generals falling to Denathrius kill, Echo took just over 72 hour.... and had vids from Limit's attempts to save time while masking their progress by playing replays during the #RTWF

Quote Originally Posted by Flura View Post
    It wasnt a real issue before, its an issue since EU is losing, damn crybabys.

LIMIT won get over it.
    LIMIT was and is a joy to watch, EU ist just we have to win there is no fun if we dont win, we do everything to win even if we hate it, just typical europeans.

How hard is it to make an US account? Could have been made Years ago, Max said there were 3 People raiding from europe in their WF Race.

Oh my god, whatch the interview with max after the kill. Not thinkable in ECHO / EU as i said typical european especially german.

Not raccist or whatever, i know it, my location is no joke.
    Wow do mythics with 300ms ping. How could that ever go wrong when perfect execution is required. Also that would require 2 accounts when you want to play with decent ping. Also twice the timesink to get geared. Either make dedicated server like in the arena championship or just global reset at gmt zero or international date line.

It amazes me how people gather to their comps to look at this shit. It isn't even a fair "Race". One team starts early, the other team does not. How is that even a race or even fair?? Last I checked when at a race, all bitches get behind the line, at the count of three all bitches take off together. Who wins when the first person crosses the line is the winner. That is why I do not even indulge my sanity with these so called "World First" races. if both teams don't start at the same time then the shit is not fair. End of the discussion.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flura View Post
    How hard is it to make an US account?
    The problem is that raiding with 140+ms can be quite the disadvantage. To use the footrace analogy, it's like saying "well if your shoes can't be used here, how hard is it to run barefoot?" - it's entirely possible yes, and it doesn't make racing literally impossible, but it's a significant detrimental factor. If the goal is to make the race as fair as possible, asking someone to accept a smaller disadvantage rather than a large one is not a REAL solution, just a bandaid. The real solution would be to give everyone an equal footing, or as equal as technically possible.

Blizzard could easily disconnect maintenance from raid reset, for example. What if, for example, maintenance was on Monday in the US and Tuesday on EU, but both had their raid reset on Wednesday, same time globally? Would that not be a MUCH better solution than trying to concentrate all competitive players onto the same region, which not only creates issues such as the one mentioned above but also disconnects them from their regional community?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    It amazes me how people gather to their comps to look at this shit. It isn't even a fair "Race". One team starts early, the other team does not. How is that even a race or even fair?? Last I checked when at a race, all bitches get behind the line, at the count of three all bitches take off together. Who wins when the first person crosses the line is the winner. That is why I do not even indulge my sanity with these so called "World First" races. if both teams don't start at the same time then the shit is not fair. End of the discussion.
    So then why now all of a sudden is it an issue? The second EU loses, people lose their minds but before this EU always won so no one cared. Talk about double standards

You think they will change all the way it worked for 15 years including their team schedule just for a few guys wanting to do wf ? AH !

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    So then why now all of a sudden is it an issue? The second EU loses, people lose their minds but before this EU always won so no one cared. Talk about double standards
    For me, this has nothing to do with EU or NA. For the record, I am american. Born and raised here in Texas. This has to do with fairness. EVERYONE and ALL TEAMS start at the line TOGETHER. Who ever makes it over the line first then that is the winner. Not this bullshit where one side gets a handout and then is congratulated for winning a race which is not even a damn race. Forgive me if I want things to be fair and equal.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

For me, this has nothing to do with EU or NA. For the record, I am american. Born and raised here in Texas. This has to do with fairness. EVERYONE and ALL TEAMS start at the line TOGETHER. Who ever makes it over the line first then that is the winner. Not this bullshit where one side gets a handout and then is congratulated for winning a race which is not even a damn race. Forgive me if I want things to be fair and equal.
    Since it's impossible for the race to fair or equal in a way that appeases both regions we have two options:

1.) Accept that this is the way it is and quit bitching about it; or
    2.) Debate endlessly about "alternatives" to the current system which are not feasible and Blizzard has repeatedly stated will not happen

...this thread is mostly the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Because it isn't just now. It's been debated during every world first I remember and that's over a decade. Even when it was Paragon taking all the world firsts the differences in start times were talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because it isn't just now. It's been debated during every world first I remember and that's over a decade. Even when it was Paragon taking all the world firsts the differences in start times were talked about.
    Right -- you'll have to excuse the schadenfreude but whenever NA fans discussed it back then the typical EU response was, "lol get gud." Apparently now that NA did precisely that, it's an issue.

I agree.

At this point, though- even taking headstarts into account, Limit more than won. But hopefully in the future it'll be a little less wonky.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I agree.

At this point, though- even taking headstarts into account, Limit more than won. But hopefully in the future it'll be a little less wonky.
    I never cared about the 3/4 of the race... just the last two-three bosses. Limit took 64 hours to kill Denathrius, Echo took 70... and not just 70 but 70 hiding their progression on stream with replays and all of Limits streamed strats on what not to do.

I was looking forward to a transparent and entertaining World First Race, apparently the only people who got to see that was Ion and his team with Dev tools.

I think it's obvious Echo has about the same amount transparency in their Org as they did during the Method scandal.

That's even harder because the people will agree to what benefits them the most because too many spectators have their ego wound up in what side of the pond wins.
    There is literally zero benefit to the spectators. Nobody is going to notice them for a particular decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I mean lets be honest I just come to MMO-Champion 1-2 times a day during the race and when I see the winner is posted.. well.. that's about as far as I follow it. Cannot say I ever felt any national or "continental pride" involved in it either. The funnest part of the whole thing is when I get to come into these threads and just watch people utterly exploding over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    I think it's obvious Echo has about the same amount transparency in their Org as they did during the Method scandal.
    Brother, a decision to turn off a stream is in no way equivalent to what happened at the Method Org.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    It doesnt matter. It only affects 40 players. Its irrelevant for millions of others.
    Let it be, if limit wanted fair game they would have waited 1 day.
    No if Echo wanted fair game they would have rerolled on NA realms obviously
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There is literally zero benefit to the spectators. Nobody is going to notice them for a particular decision.
    See: this thread.

See: this thread.
    i love how i literally made the thread about people walking backwards and it somehow became some eu vs na thread
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    i love how i literally made the thread about people walking backwards and it somehow became some eu vs na thread
    One might say you're quite an expert in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Echo have already said world first is world first. But they do want to down Sire in the window just so Blizzard wakes up and releases the raid at the same time worldwide.

(note that limit and basically every guild to be in a world first race regardless of region have been pleading with blizzard to have the raids open for everyone at the same time for over a decade now.)
    They practically cheated and downed the Stone Generals shortly after Limit did it, because they copied the strat from the stream. It's not as black and white as you want to put it.