Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy The store I work at legit ruined Christmas for alot of people

Hello guys,

I work for a certain electronics store and covid hit us hard. Still, during the year, we tried to get customer's orders out and pickups on time. It feels like December came and shipments were late and/or lost. Numerous customers had their orders delayed or canceled. This issue just had to happen to our store and not the one 2 hours away. The past week was tougher than usual with customers calling and complaining. Usually ill diss them silently but they didn't last minute shop. We just didn't get the product in time. Tons of people are gonna wake up without PS5s, boxes, gpu's, etc. This is the rare time where its not the customer's fault, it's ours and the warehouse's fault. Global pandemic aside this is a horrible feeling.

no, its not your store, its NVidia, Playstation, coin miners and scalpers' fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    no, its not your store, its NVidia, Playstation, coin miners and scalpers' fault.
    Uh OP isn't talking about shortages, they are talking about their company not being able to process orders for the stock they had. Not that I would judge the workers unless they were purposely phoning it in. This year is extra business with more people shopping remotely and people getting sick. If course warehouses and processing will fall behind.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if companies didn't plan to release new products around the holiday season there wouldn't be a shortage/huge demand. It's all a manufactured scare that causes people to want to buy the products more. Why not plan for a release after people get their tax returns?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean i know its traditional and all that jazz, but just telling someone you got them something but it wont be there exactly on Christmas day, really shouldn't be that big of a deal for most humans.

I cant imagine someone throwing a fit over knowing someone managed to get them a PS5 or whatever but they wont have it exactly on a specific day. I would think for even most kids they would be happy just knowing they are getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Maybe if companies didn't plan to release new products around the holiday season there wouldn't be a shortage/huge demand. It's all a manufactured scare that causes people to want to buy the products more. Why not plan for a release after people get their tax returns?
    Why don't people just withhold the correct amount of money so they don't need to wait for their tax returns?

You realize the tax returns is a 4-5 month window right?

Why aren't prices always this "low" all year? Seems if they were then more would get sold during the year no?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why don't people just withhold the correct amount of money so they don't need to wait for their tax returns?
    If the peasants are hungry...why don't they just eat cake?

It would be stupid to not release for the holidays. Demand for new stuff is at an all time high during Nov/Dec.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    If the peasants are hungry...why don't they just eat cake?
    Tax returns are a function of the government taking more of your money than they should have throughout the year and then giving it to you the next year without paying you interest. You are effectively lending your money to the government for free. We need to fix taxation for wage employees so that tax returns aren't a thing.

Tax returns are a function of the government taking more of your money than they should have throughout the year and then giving it to you the next year without paying you interest. You are effectively lending your money to the government for free. We need to fix taxation for wage employees so that tax returns aren't a thing.
    That's an entirely different subject than the statement I commented upon.

If someone can only afford a luxury item because they got tax returns they shouldn't be buying that item in the first place.

If the PS5 released in July just as many people would want it. The Nvidia 3080's released in September, that is not the holiday season and the cards sold out pretty much instantly and continue to do so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hello guys,

I work for a certain electronics store and covid hit us hard. Still, during the year, we tried to get customer's orders out and pickups on time. It feels like December came and shipments were late and/or lost. Numerous customers had their orders delayed or canceled. This issue just had to happen to our store and not the one 2 hours away. The past week was tougher than usual with customers calling and complaining. Usually ill diss them silently but they didn't last minute shop. We just didn't get the product in time. Tons of people are gonna wake up without PS5s, boxes, gpu's, etc. This is the rare time where its not the customer's fault, it's ours and the warehouse's fault. Global pandemic aside this is a horrible feeling.
    Ima take a wild guess, some hot shot straight out of college had some brilliant ideas how to "improve" things, and it went to shit, or some higher ups were "cutting cost" for a short term gain that backfired.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Tax returns are a function of the government taking more of your money than they should have throughout the year and then giving it to you the next year without paying you interest.
    Only in the states. We get a fairly decent interest rate up here.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hello guys,

its also thing which happens every single year.

- - - Updated - - -

because we live nowadays in "credit society" full of people who "really really need to have this and that right now"

this has never happened before in whole history of world - but also we never had as many well paid jobs ,

what current corona crisis is showing is that we no longer can go back to how it was 20-30 years ago - when people were first saving then then buying stuff.

the irony is that its mostly poor people who are pillars of this system . most of "wealthy" people i know have very little small customer credits if any - and they certainly dont use it for buying silly things like PS5. if anything its like leasing their car and throwing this into costs of doing their business anyway .

Oh no, Santa was late! :rollseyes:

If "not getting your gift" ruins christmas for you, fuck you anyway this holiday isn't about you.

You'll get it late so w/e really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    VAT tax for local, state and federal. Get rid of income/sales/property taxes. I can hear it now though poor people will be hit the hardest since they make less and rich people will pay barely nothing at all vs what they make. How is that any different now. Rich people have accountants to help avoid paying anything while the middle class pays for it.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    VAT tax for local, state and federal. Get rid of income/sales/property taxes. I can hear it now though poor people will be hit the hardest since they make less and rich people will pay barely nothing at all vs what they make. How is that any different now. Rich people have accountants to help avoid paying anything while the middle class pays for it.
    you dont really have to have accountant for that - all it requires is minimum economical knowledge of how your financial system works.

also you have to differenciate - there is atm huge and growing chunk of middle class which chooses self employement and has no problem to make the same costs deductions as those mythological evil rich people.

but like everything it ofc comes with risks - ones that they are clearly brave enough to take.

i do think that people really have no clue what middle class nowadays is - and they assume that anyone who makes like 5k $ a month is a middle class jut because he can afford credit for used tesla and newest iphone.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-12-26 at 12:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you dont really have to have accountant for that - all it requires is minimum economical knowledge of how your financial system works.

also you have to differenciate - there is atm huge and growing chunk of middle class which chooses self employement and has no problem to make the same costs deductions as those mythological evil rich people.

but like everything it ofc comes with risks - ones that they are clearly brave enough to take.

i do think that people really have no clue what middle class nowadays is - and they assume that anyone who makes like 5k $ a month is a middle class jut because he can afford credit for used tesla and newest iphone.
    I don't think rich people are evil they just have the means to do things and find loop holes others can not. Even though I think it can be morally/patriotically wrong at times I'd even have to agree somewhat with Trump (ugh) on this part. Your smart if you do it under the current way things work.