Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I have a mighty need to get the girls together in Priconne.

10+ Year Old Account

Did haaaaaaachamamama actually cook and eat a spider?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I think she did which takes her cooking to whole another level.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not just a spider, a fricken tarantula. She didn't really cook it per say. I am pretty sure it was pre-cooked, she just tossed in whole onto some ramen and ate it.

Tarantulas are friends, not food!

I can't even look at that Vtuber anymore!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least bad anime is good for something:

10+ Year Old Account
    Merry Simpmas!

Hey that word is banned on twitch now, gotta do the shrimpmas!

Merry Shrimpmas Chumbuds !!!

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing she streams on YouTube!

Why am I finding a virtual avatar so damn endearing and cute? Ugh, am I turning in to a weeb now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the word itself banned or just when used as an insult? I pretty much avoid twitch so I don't really know how things work over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Why am I finding a virtual avatar so damn endearing and cute? Ugh, am I turning in to a weeb now?
    You are already weeb.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Is the word itself banned or just when used as an insult? I pretty much avoid twitch so I don't really know how things work over there.
    i believe only as an insult but i'm sure twitch wouldn't have any problem banning and (maybe) sorting it out later

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    You are already weeb.
    That's not true, that's impossible....

noblesse ep 12 despite how mediocre this is the after credit scenes are great. wrong room.

- - - Updated - - -

Tonikaku Kawaii - 5/10 average

Dropped after finishing episode 11.

Well, it was exactly what I thought it was going to turn out to be: another harem show where the protagonist has multiple girls who are into him and they're fighting over him for his affection. Except the protagonist of this show is even more emasculate than usual. I had high hopes for this show but it just turned out to be average and kinda forgettable.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Hoshi wo Yobu Shoujo - 5/10 average

Aka the movie of The Irregular at Magic Highschool. This time it doesn't adapt any arcs from the light novels, but is instead an original story by the LN author. Finally got around to watching this in preparation for season 2.

Well, I dunno. It's not bad. Just... not very entertaining. I guess it's a little more interesting than the shoddy adaptation that was the first season. But it seems that the anime installment of this series continues to miss what was so interesting about the LN (gaming the hard magic system and the interesting world). It tries to rely on the characters and the story, but the anime has always never really used the characters that well. It completely omits Tatsuya's and Miyuki's struggles, which in the anime just results in them being bland and boring. The side characters feel like set dressing when they shouldn't be, but I guess it's hard for them to stand on their own when what made them so interesting was their position in the world. This movie isn't about gaming the magic system nor about the politics of the world. It's just a generic adventure film that just uses the same names as the LN.

Like, the movie starts out in a lab, where scientists plug 12 girls into a machine and use them to cast magic spells for their research. Okay, starting to get into interesting Mahouka stuff. But they don't really explain how the magic works or how their experiments have been coming along or really what they're trying to do or how this will have military and political ramifications on the setting. It's really just a premise for Tatsuya to rescue these girls. So Tatsuya and his buddies are having a summer vacation on a private island. A little girl from the research facility (btw the directing at the beginning of the film was sorta confusing: I thought that the lab was in a submarine, not on a different island) escapes the lab and then sneaks aboard Tatsuya's plane to get to his private island. And the heroes like question her and then go "we have to save them" yada yada usual anime power of friendship stuff. Then they go to the lab and save them etc you know how this goes. My interest was piqued when we found out the (Japanese) navy was going to get involved (the scientists were outcasts from the navy and they were hoping that their research would get them back into the good graces of the navy) and I was thinking "okay interesting, we're going to get some left vs right hand intra military conflict that could spill over or lead to a power struggle" but it amounted to nothing. The navy guys were just filler antagonists for no real good reason and had no effect on the plot in the end. So really the movie was just a generic anime adventure film with Mahouka names slapped on it.

(And seriously, why on earth would the Japanese Navy try to DESTROY the research? These scientists figured out how to summon asteroids to hit the earth with pin perfect precision! That's an incredible strategic asset and especially useful in a world where literally almost every other power in the world is out to get Japan. But no, the navy finds out about it and is like "welp we gotta blow up their base and destroy all of this info that could be really useful to us for no reason!". Well, the reason is because their good guys trying to stamp out corruption, but that was never how the military in Mahouka was portrayed and it feels really odd for them to start suddenly acting like they're good guys now. It's not like they're going to stop their own horrific human experimentation in pursuit of greater magical power anyways)

Getting kinda nervous about watching season 2. If it's just going to be more of the same then I'll probably drop it. I mean, do the producers of the show not know what people liked about the LN? I guess the fact that Mahouka got a movie and a second season in spite of how the first season focused on all of the wrong elements of Mahouka... I dunno. Whatever.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-12-28 at 01:41 PM.