View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for to claim Race to World First: Sire Denathrius

Voters
344. This poll is closed
  • Method [EU]

23 6.69%
  • Limit [US]

198 57.56%
  • Echo [EU]

74 21.51%
  • Pieces [EU]

9 2.62%
  • BIG DUMB GUILD [US]

7 2.03%
  • Exorsus [EU(RU)]

3 0.87%
  • Aversion [EU]

2 0.58%
  • Lazarus Imperative [US]

1 0.29%
  • FatSharkYes [EU]

3 0.87%
  • Club Camel [US]

4 1.16%
  • The Cleveland Browns/Other/No One!!

20 5.81%
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If you can't see that this is because players are just amazing at playing the game now -- not because the raids are easier than they used to be, because of course they're not -- then you aren't paying attention; you're just stirring a pot.
    Or the boss isn't some bugged mess that remains unfixed for months. Generals would reach 500+ pulls if things didn't get fixed - and I'm sure it would be just *thrilling* to watch them wiping to some random bullshit.

'Course, people who post that kind of stuff either know this already and are just baiting, or are at a level where they would take months to clear the place anyway, so... their wish is granted, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Pretty sad the tier is already cleared. I miss the days of a boss going unkilled for months.
    No boss lasted long because the boss itself was difficult. They lasted long in Vanilla because the game was a buggy mess back then that made Cyberpunk 2077 and Fallout 76 look like the most polished games ever created. BC had attunements and bugs as well that made things just unkillable too.

Then there's the point that no one back then is even close to the talent and dedication that Echo/Limit have right now. Your average mythic raider won't be downing Denathrius for a good few more months. Less will be doing it with getting the cutting edge achievement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The 16h delay is a non-issue for 99% of wow players. Why possibly screw up your regular players over something that's a problem for 2-3 guilds.
    But would moving the time forward 16 hours actually bother the other 99% of wow players? I'm glad Echo didn't win (Seriously I do not believe that no one in that team or even the minority were ignorant of the Josh situation.). But is your average player really going to make a fuss especially in Europe if instead of Wednesday downtime it goes to Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    No boss lasted long because the boss itself was difficult. They lasted long in Vanilla because the game was a buggy mess back then that made Cyberpunk 2077 and Fallout 76 look like the most polished games ever created. BC had attunements and bugs as well that made things just unkillable too.

Then there's the point that no one back then is even close to the talent and dedication that Echo/Limit have right now. Your average mythic raider won't be downing Denathrius for a good few more months. Less will be doing it with getting the cutting edge achievement.

- - - Updated - - -

But would moving the time forward 16 hours actually bother the other 99% of wow players? I'm glad Echo didn't win (Seriously I do not believe that no one in that team or even the minority were ignorant of the Josh situation.). But is your average player really going to make a fuss especially in Europe if instead of Wednesday downtime it goes to Tuesday?
    Worldwide reset times means someone's reset would happen smack dab in the middle of primetime. That just doesn't work.

Worldwide reset times means someone's reset would happen smack dab in the middle of primetime. That just doesn't work.
    What time did NA start this race? Around 2 PM? EU started at 8 AM. So there goes that "argument".

The only disappointment is that Sire took less pulls to kill than Sludge or Generals. Such a disaster end boss

Yeah, this tier had a really anticlimatic ending, not because of the guilds but because of Denathrius' tuning. I hope Blizzard will make more efforts to avoid having last bosses killed during the time windows where the different advantages each region gets have the most impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    You can stop posting now
    Holy crap, Hella good work in there Dossou!

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What time did NA start this race? Around 2 PM? EU started at 8 AM. So there goes that "argument".
    What does that have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Crixes1 View Post
    It doesnt Matter, Echo still lost even if they woulda started at the same time, they didnt kill it with in the 16 hour time frame AFTER Limit did, so your point is invalid.
    It's not just an hours thing tbh, Limit had more attempts with the reset gear, which obviously is a massive boost in itself.

What does that have to do with anything?
    That we can have a global mythic release/reset without it bothering anyone........ Man honestly I didn't see that it was you oni, else I would have explained way more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    So you're saying this supposed 16 hour standard should be adjusted to something longer when circumstances warrant it?
    You mean like Echo was under pressure and forced to do Sire without doing HC as Limit did a day earlier? Therefore wasting multiple hours trying to beat the boss "undergeared"? They were a day behind and tried to do the best out of that situation. They knew Limit would kill it that evening and they had to try right now.

That we can have a global mythic release/reset without it bothering anyone........ Man honestly I didn't see that it was you oni, else I would have explained way more.
    Let me down this out for you, if you reset at the same time world wide, someone somewhere is going to have reset in the middle of prime time. Most likely china/korea if you reset na morning.

And then eu would just complain that they were at a disadvantage because they started later in the day and had less quality time

Reset times are the way they are because that's what works for the most people, they're at times when few people are on
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-12-25 at 06:02 AM.

Let me down this out for you, if you reset at the same time world wide, someone somewhere is going to have reset in the middle of prime time. Most likely china/korea if you reset na morning.

And then eu would just complain that they were at a disadvantage because they started later in the day and had less quality time

Reset times are the way they are because that's what works for the most people, they're at times when few people are on
    You mean exactly like it was this race? That was the point earlier, you obviously didn't understand..

You mean exactly like it was this race? That was the point earlier, you obviously didn't understand..
    No, not like this race at all, that was just one day, you're talking every single reset

There's just no point to mess with it for two guilds. You really think eu wants reset at like 4 pm every week?
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2020-12-25 at 06:10 AM.

No, not like this race at all, that was just one day, you're talking every single reset

There's just no point to mess with it for two guilds. You really think eu wants reset at like 4 pm every week?
    Right now at 4pm, EU turns on Twitch and watches Limit clear more than half the instance while they can't do anything. That's surely better you are right.

They take time off work to do the race. Also there's only two regions that are in the running. Europe and North America. Here 10am Pacific time is 6pm UK. Done a good 8 hours for Europe to get up and running before bed.

Right now at 4pm, EU turns on Twitch and watches Limit clear more than half the instance while they can't do anything. That's surely better you are right.
    That's one time a tier. Sure they would love patch maintenance all the way into prime time too, it just doesn't work. The reset times work as they are, just like the maintenance times work as they are. They are not going to upset the balance of it all for two guilds in a race they don't even support, only acknowledge

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They take time off work to do the race. Also there's only two regions that are in the running. Europe and North America. Here 10am Pacific time is 6pm UK. Done a good 8 hours for Europe to get up and running before bed.
    China wasn't really seen in this one, but they were doing a lot during legion and even bfa

That's one time a tier. Sure they would love patch maintenance all the way into prime time too, it just doesn't work. The reset times work as they are, just like the maintenance times work as they are. They are not going to upset the balance of it all for two guilds in a race they don't even support, only acknowledge

- - - Updated - - -

China wasn't really seen in this one, but they were doing a lot during legion and even bfa
    You try to make this everybody's problem and then point out that it isn't?? What is going on?

They can treat mythic guilds for the first 2 weeks differently. That's completely fine..

You try to make this everybody's problem and then point out that it isn't?? What is going on?

They can treat mythic guilds for the first 2 weeks differently. That's completely fine..
    You'd still have to reset raids differently since a big complaint was heroic splits, you'd be affecting more than just the two guilds

You'd still have to reset raids differently since a big complaint was heroic splits, you'd be affecting more than just the two guilds
    Unsolvable problem. Have a mythic ID => global mythic reset + hc reset. You don't => normal reset. Pretty simple to me actually.

There is no inherent reason why raid reset and server maintenance need to go together - there are some advantages I'm sure, but there's also been plenty of times where there wasn't any maintenance and resets happened just fine so it's technically entirely possible. Not to mention that expansion releases work fine without a server restart/maintenance, so there's no reason to think raid releases wouldn't work like that either.

You can put the raid reset to a global synch and it wouldn't really matter for anyone but the WF contenders, because realistically nobody but them is at the instance at the stroke of the clock to race. And you could pick a time that wouldn't be TERRIBLE for both regions (like idk, 11am Eastern Time which would be 5pm Central European Time, just as an example; that's the current raid reset time for NA). The people racing for WF wouldn't care if it's in the middle of the night, or early hours, or whatever. They'd adjust for the two weeks, and handle it. It's FAR FAR less of a problem than, say, raiding on a different region with 150ms or whatever other alternative there is. For the vast majority of people who raid in the evenings anyway this would literally have ZERO implications, as the raid would be up for their raid time either way as it always is.

All Blizzard needs to do is decouple raid reset from maintenance, and we got a real race going. If they continue with a staggered release, this may well have been the last WF race we get, because Limit being as good as they are means it's virtually impossible for any EU guild to ever beat them again when they are 1 day behind. And nobody wants that, because it's no fun to watch a foregone conclusion.