Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Why did streamers say that I needed to do every single quest to get to 60?

They said that I had to do every single quest and probably grind mobs too in order to get to 60. I've done everything so far and I'm lvl59 half way through the night fae zone. It feels like I've wasted a lot of time doing annoying side quests just to be level cap before I even start the last zone...

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know which streams you're watching, but the intel I had from streamers going into the expansion was that I needed to complete the MSQ regardless of whether I hit 60 or not, which proved true.

Why you listen what streamers say?

Blizzard really did a number on the Battered Hilt and you have higher chance of being eaten by a shark inside your own home then finding one drop and winning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    They said that I had to do every single quest and probably grind mobs too in order to get to 60. I've done everything so far and I'm lvl59 half way through the night fae zone. It feels like I've wasted a lot of time doing annoying side quests just to be level cap before I even start the last zone...
    I think you got trolled.

I don't know which streamers you watch, but from the popular ones (asmon, esfand, etc) none of them have said this to my knowledge. They did say however that you had to do every single main quest, and that you can't get to lvl 60 through the main questline alone, both of which are true. But that's about it.

They did make some adjustments to leveling xp towards end of beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    trade chat wouldve been a better help than asking a streamer
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

For a long period in beta it was that way, it wasn't until a month or so before launch that they did reduce the xp requirement massively.

most streamers are completely idiots. just because you are a popular streamer doesnt mean you are the know all of the game you play.

Who are "they"? When did "they" say this?

They did say this.

in like march when the alpha was first out, quite a time of adjustments have passed

I hope streamers never tell you to jump out the window....

there is 4 zones for 10 lvl, if you hit lvl56 (let alone 57...) in the middle of the second zone, maybe something is off

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Who are "they"? When did "they" say this?
    Everyone, but it was at this point https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...eveling/619528 and it was fixed before launch which OP somehow caught the old way and never looked into level gains after they fixed xp /shrug

Those streamers could've told you that it was fixed.

I do MSQ and get to 60 just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

I realize now that it has been fixed but I don't think anyone reported on that so I went with the last thing I heard which was apparently wrong. I wish they would take down videos like that when they're no longer accurate.

Why do we have a second thread on "why is internet funny man wrong and why am i still giving him/her/it money"

I realize now that it has been fixed but I don't think anyone reported on that so I went with the last thing I heard which was apparently wrong. I wish they would take down videos like that when they're no longer accurate.
    You talk about streamers when Preach, a streamer, literally told everyone right before launch that you didn't need to mess with a lot of side quests.

If you do the Campaign only quests, then yes you will need to grind some. If you do the side quests / bonus objectives then you'll be fine. You, however, do have to do the main storyline regardless on your first time through before you can do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

No you didn't. If you do the Main Storyline only you won't hit 60 just fine. Your first road block will be at 52.5 and can't pick up the quests at Elysian Hold requiring Level 53. Your second road block is in Ardenweald where the giant blue bear is (forgot the name of the area) where you will just have hit 57 and it will require Level 58 to start. The final road block is in Revendreth when you get to the very end where you have to go down the spiral tower (Sanctuary of the Mad or something) you'll finish the entire chain for the zone except for the last "storyline" where you will need to be 60 but only be 59.5/59.75.

It was like this at launch and it was like this earlier this week when I ran through the story again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You talk about streamers when Preach, a streamer, literally told everyone right before launch that you didn't need to mess with a lot of side quests.
    Preach is the last person people should watch.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Preach is the last person people should watch.
    Why, he was entirely right on the leveling process.