Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    They said that I had to do every single quest and probably grind mobs too in order to get to 60. I've done everything so far and I'm lvl59 half way through the night fae zone. It feels like I've wasted a lot of time doing annoying side quests just to be level cap before I even start the last zone...
    In order to start the end game content you need to do every main story mission on your first play through. So they were right, but they either misspoke or you misunderstood.

Fuck them streamers. Do the MSQ, run a couple dungeons, and do a few bonus objectives and you'll be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    and what the hell is ToF ? is today the 3 lettr acronyms day ?

ah, i assume its the english term for the new weekly reward system, where you can choose one of three paths. am i right with that ? or is it the Chromie time thing ?
    ToF is Threads of Fate. Once you finish the MSQ and covenant chapter 1, your alts will be time frozen upon entering Oribos. You can then choose to either do Threads of Fate or the normal MSQ story. Threads of Fate completes all the MSQ, but leaves the side quests, world quests, and bonus objectives for you to level to 60 with.

They said that I had to do every single quest and probably grind mobs too in order to get to 60. I've done everything so far and I'm lvl59 half way through the night fae zone. It feels like I've wasted a lot of time doing annoying side quests just to be level cap before I even start the last zone...

Were you watching Preach or Nobble by any chance? If so I'm sorry but it's very much a case of caveat emptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    Were you watching Preach or Nobble by any chance? If so I'm sorry but it's very much a case of caveat emptor.
    Except they were right, on the beta. Blizzard, if I remember correctly, increased the amount of experience you got from quests.

Both preach and nobble are on record stating there is no point rushing to 60 and doing all the SQ. This was said on both Preach and Nobble'marathon stream post launch. So...

When did they say it ? If they said it during Beta, perhaps things changed between then and live. I hit 60 just before starting Revendreth after doing all side quests I think BUT I also did pet battles and some rares etc...

On my first 60, I did run into issues where I was one level short of a quest in bastion I think at 53 or something where I needed to be 54. I had to do like half a bar of side quests to get on track.

No issues aside from that though

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    Preach was one of them if I remember correctly but I heard it from multiple sources. I was under the impression that I had to have war mode on, do every single side quest and every single dungeon and the xp still wouldn't be enough.

Some of you guys REALLY need to stop and think before replying, and ask yourself a simple question: "Would a normal person really think this way? Is this a typical thought process they are displaying, or something very unusual?"

If the answer is "this is really unusual" then there is an extremely high probability the person is just after replies - some people dont know the difference between good attention and bad attention, and they seek it out the easiest way possible.

You can call it trolling if you want, but remember this - many of these same individuals would feel proud of such a title.

So i ask you - is OP behaving in the way you would expect? Is there assertion that "streamers" should be forced to delete old content if the information in it is outdated logical and based in reality? Is it likely they are only just now finding out the error of their ways, weeks into the expansion?

And then ask yourself this - is it likely they are just seeking attention?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Some of you guys REALLY need to stop and think before replying, and ask yourself a simple question: "Would a normal person really think this way? Is this a typical thought process they are displaying, or something very unusual?"

If the answer is "this is really unusual" then there is an extremely high probability the person is just after replies - some people dont know the difference between good attention and bad attention, and they seek it out the easiest way possible.

You can call it trolling if you want, but remember this - many of these same individuals would feel proud of such a title.

So i ask you - is OP behaving in the way you would expect? Is there assertion that "streamers" should be forced to delete old content if the information in it is outdated logical and based in reality? Is it likely they are only just now finding out the error of their ways, weeks into the expansion?

And then ask yourself this - is it likely they are just seeking attention?
    It's how we learn things. Since most of us don't have access to beta we have to get our information from streamers and youtubers. I don't think it's too much to ask for them to post updates when major changes like this happens instead of the last thing they report not being true anymore.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    I don't know which streamers you watch, but from the popular ones (asmon, esfand, etc) none of them have said this to my knowledge. They did say however that you had to do every single main quest, and that you can't get to lvl 60 through the main questline alone, both of which are true. But that's about it.
    On my Paladin, I only did the main quests and hit 60 1/2 way thru Revendreth. That was due to waiting to level him until I had full rested XP set, and did some mining along the way when the nodes were close to where I was questing.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunavale View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think you're trying to be clever and make some pedantic correction to what I typed...

Except what you typed is actually incorrect on multiple counts. First, "humanity" is a perfectly acceptable noun meaning the collective human race. Second "human kind" should actually be "humankind".

So uh...thanks for reassuring me that humanity is pretty screwed, I guess?
    i assume you are totally right. as obvious, i am not a native english speaker. but i think you missinterpreted my intensions. i just added a funny meant anecdote/addition to your comment. and i DEFINETELY not wanted to be smart. no offense in any way. happy xmas to you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    ToF is Threads of Fate. Once you finish the MSQ and covenant chapter 1, your alts will be time frozen upon entering Oribos. You can then choose to either do Threads of Fate or the normal MSQ story. Threads of Fate completes all the MSQ, but leaves the side quests, world quests, and bonus objectives for you to level to 60 with.
    oh, crazy. didnt know that! thx a lot for clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    oh, crazy. didnt know that! thx a lot for clarification!
    Glad to be of assistance. Merry Christmas to you, as well!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesock View Post
    I don't know which streamers you watch, but from the popular ones (asmon, esfand, etc) none of them have said this to my knowledge. They did say however that you had to do every single main quest, and that you can't get to lvl 60 through the main questline alone, both of which are true. But that's about it.
    Unless you played in War Mode - I was level 60 by mid Ardenweld due to 30% alliance EXP buff.

did main questline..no side quest and plenty of mining. going in revendreth and almost 59. and should ding 60 before i end the zone. and always quest with rested to back it up
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

My honest advice is, watch the streams for entertainment factor. But make up your own mind, beta is beta is beta. I purposely decided not to stream, or record any beta content I had access to because it was so subject to change. The only thing i used it for was to test out bugs and report them.

When launch hit i just did the main storyline quests and hit 60 in 8 hours (relaxed play). So its doable in a day even casually playing and you dont need a streamer to tell you this.

LOL I hit 60 not even halfway through Maldraxxus on my tanks but then again I que for dungeon for too many times.

I cannot say I follow streamers a whole lot but the few youtube videos I watched around SL release on leveling were pretty clear mostly just doing the main story quests would get you there or mostly there and were pretty clear you could avoid a lot if not most/all the side quests depending on other side things you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    They did say this.

in like march when the alpha was first out, quite a time of adjustments have passed
    There were a lot of adjustments. I was watching Preach and he talked a lot about how they fooled around with leveling xp when he thought they got it right fairly early on. Then they genuinely messed it up and I think they went back and fixed it again.

No one was trying to mislead you and I'm positive they warned you that "this is beta, and things change." Because everyone I saw said this.