View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for to claim Race to World First: Sire Denathrius

Voters
344. This poll is closed
  • Method [EU]

23 6.69%
  • Limit [US]

198 57.56%
  • Echo [EU]

74 21.51%
  • Pieces [EU]

9 2.62%
  • BIG DUMB GUILD [US]

7 2.03%
  • Exorsus [EU(RU)]

3 0.87%
  • Aversion [EU]

2 0.58%
  • Lazarus Imperative [US]

1 0.29%
  • FatSharkYes [EU]

3 0.87%
  • Club Camel [US]

4 1.16%
  • The Cleveland Browns/Other/No One!!

20 5.81%
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    and then killed generals 6 hours faster thinking

Wtf are you taking about limit took first on every boss post the first four.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Wtf are you taking about limit took first on every boss post the first four.
    you don't even understand.. not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Do you enjoy just making shit up on the internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeIex View Post
    Apparently you live in another reality. Wow isn't banned in china. In fact, it's huge over there. Just looking at the top 9 raiding guilds atm on raider io, 3 are chinese. 5 in the top 20. And alpha, a chinese guild, got world 3rd in 3 out of 5 tiers last expansion. Don't make BS up. Raider io only has the patience to track the top chinese guilds(wowprogress doesn't track them at all) and guilds that submit their own kills due to issues with their API but there are a crap load more untracked chinese guilds going all the way down the ranks.
    Apparently shit was made and I was living in x years ago. Standing corrected now.

and then killed generals 6 hours faster thinking

Yeah they killed generals after limit had killed it. I wonder...

It's still funny watching people cherry-pick details:
    - The N/A reset does provide some sort of inherent benefit
    - The N/A head start was less this time around due to extended maintenance
    - Limit did some of it's progression off of stream. Also, the reasoning for this is clearly very different than why Echo streamed offline.
    - It is advantageous for Echo/EU early on to view bosses Limit has already streamed
    - Limit/NA does do some beta testing/has to deal with more bugs (in instances where N/A is ahead), which does benefit EU
    - Limit did it's reclear much better than Echo. Echo's weaker performance during it's reclear is another reason they were unable to do heroic splits
    - Limit appeared to be more organized with it's splits

I'm sure there is more, but you can be a fan of both sides and admit both sides had benefits, and both sides do silly sides at times. We can all agree that watching the WFR was a lot of fun and we hope to see more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Yeah they killed generals after limit had killed it. I wonder...
    Imagine if Echo killed Generals only a couple of hours after Limit. Holy moly, that would mean, that Echo was ahead.. all this time. Wait.. this happened.

Imagine if Echo killed Generals only a couple of hours after Limit. Holy moly, that would mean, that Echo was ahead.. all this time. Wait.. this happened.
    You cant be ahead if you need to watch vods to kill a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    You cant be ahead if you need to watch vods to kill a boss.
    Very True. Big True. Like Council.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    GGs to Limit, truly proven themselves to be the world first guild on two occasions and they look dominant as ever. It'll be interesting to see if any of the other top 5 guilds make a much larger effort next tier.

you don't even understand.. not surprising.
    You are literally beyond the point of rational thought. A first kill is a first kill even your fabled 16 hour mark was finished by the time echo killed donny. You also don't understand the concept of unkillable bosses which was slg and sludge until hotfixes.

You are literally beyond the point of rational thought. A first kill is a first kill even your fabled 16 hour mark was finished by the time echo killed donny. You also don't understand the concept of unkillable bosses which was slg and sludge until hotfixes.
    If the headstart was 2 weeks you would still sit here defending it. "but the boss was bugged for 30 minutes!!!"

If the headstart was 2 weeks you would still sit here defending it. "but the boss was bugged for 30 minutes!!!"
    Speaking of defending useless things, when's the last time you spoke with Josh?

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Speaking of defending useless things, when's the last time you spoke with Josh?
    The server started 20 minutes later, starting 2 weeks earlier is fine.

Interestingly enough, I saw a retweet on Xyronix's Twitter. Apparently for the last two WF races they (LIMIT) had an external analyst working for them, who, according to this tweet will be moving on and working for a different guild next race.

Can anyone shed some light on this "analyst" thingy?

This thread is such a clusterfuck.

There is no doubt at all that the headstart confers an advantage in the WF race. How big an advantage is debatable but even when bosses are bugged it allows Limit to do heroic splits. The reset the week after in this WF race favoured Limit. They had time to do their heroic splits which gave them a higher ilevel than Echo who felt pressured to go in with the same gear and attempt to kill the end boss.

It's not fair and either the guilds themselves need to agree on a time to enter the raid or Blizzard needs to make mythic a global release for everyone.

Had the guilds started at the same time Limit might well still have won as they are a superb guild but the competitive intergrity of the WF race is greatly reduced by the differing times.

memento 8/10

wouldnt suprise me if they got third
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Interestingly enough, I saw a retweet on Xyronix's Twitter. Apparently for the last two WF races they (LIMIT) had an external analyst working for them, who, according to this tweet will be moving on and working for a different guild next race.

Can anyone shed some light on this "analyst" thingy?
    Bubbadub. Very old ex league of legends pro but has been helping out limit for a while, as you mentioned, with strategy and encounter analysis. He's gonna be working as a coach for golden guardians' league of legends LCS team next year. He's also gonna be helping out big dumb guild because they have a partnership with golden guardians.

Not sure what his history in wow is but here's his leaguepedia page if you're interested: https://lol.gamepedia.com/Bubbadub

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    memento 8/10

wouldnt suprise me if they got third
    Would shock me if they beat fsy no offence. If there is any guild that could compete for wf with fulltime hours it's fsy. Sub 20% on generals in 150 pulls is nuts.

5+ Year Old Account
    Would shock me if they beat fsy no offence. If there is any guild that could compete for wf with fulltime hours it's fsy. Sub 20% on generals in 150 pulls is nuts.
    I‘d like to see a statidtic with total pulls needed from the top 10 guilds and see whats the ranking then. Just out of interest, not for drama.
    But then you would have to get correct data etc. if even possible.