Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I suppose some reduction was fine (as epics were even falling out of our asses), but the current implementation has the feeling, at least for me, that the loot valve was tightened too much. It really does not feel "good".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Compare the effort it takes to acquire Thunderfury with your average Castle Nathria item.

It doesn't take a lot of skill, but the time investment is absolutely nothing to scoff at.
    Yet Thunderfury is meant to be a legendary and anyone who's been with a raiding guild for long enough and can make use of it has one by now.

Hardly "le prestigious classic legendary," it was made out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yet Thunderfury is meant to be a legendary and anyone who's been with a raiding guild for long enough and can make use of it has one by now.
    I think you overestimate the amount of people that have TF.

Outside of the people that actually are MT, TF is hardly common, you make it sound like every Warrior has a TF on their bank, which is just straight false.

And mind you, the MT role is also not the most populated role as you only need like 1-3 people in 40man raid and past the 1st TF, people aren't that willing to continue to farm MC.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only big problem that I've had with loot this expansion is the Vault. Seriously, the only stuff I have got access to from the Vault since its opening have been pants, belts, rings, and trinkets. Hard to consider the choices meaningful when I just keep getting the same slot gear every week with little variety. I have been able to upgrade from the Vault every week, but I sure would appreciate getting the chance to replace my weapons and helmet at some point.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2020-12-26 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I LOVED seeing the scroll of loot coming up after each boss death. So much excitement and interest in what was going to happen. Now I see anima. Good feelings gone. The game has always been about loot and to give loot to player then take it away is just ass.
    I actually miss this, now that you mention it.
    Even in LFR it was fun to see what loot dropped and to who (even when i did not know anyone).
    I would ctrl+click on items to see how they looked and overall just made downing a boss (even an lfr one) more enjoyable.
    Though the "can i haz this item" whisper+trade spam that usually occurred was not all that fun xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding sounds like garbage now.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Who thought they would keep the same loot pinata going on after titanforging was gone? I thought it was very clear this would happen if titanforging went away. It was the exact same before if you actually played the game a lot, you got no loot that was useful in raids cause they didn't titanforge, just meant you could trade it to people who didn't play as much m+ etc as you did.

Wanting gearing to be over after first two weeks of raiding is never going to happen, so pick your poison.

Blizzard dev once said this on a lecture:

Im absolutely feeling it with PvP reward system being so generous.
    I dont know about PvE players
    He didnt learn this till being on Diablo 3. The WoW dev team does apparently go to him, and then promptly doesnt listen.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    Cleared entire normal + a few bosses on heroic today.

Not a single piece of loot.

Sucks.
    Same situation for me. I run and run and get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    He didnt learn this till being on Diablo 3. The WoW dev team does apparently go to him, and then promptly doesnt listen.
    Wasn't there something about him actually being responsible for Legion/BfA lootarama?

Yep, that's why I don't care for raiding anymore. Just making tons of gold from M+ and AH, and then sell them for real money.

This is another classic example of listening to posters on reddit and players of classic trying out retail.

It will bite them in the ass soon enough, just like the other 3 times they decided to listen to them causing the 3 greatest declines in concurrent players in WoW history.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, isn't it what you guys wanted for years here?

Funny, really.

Blizzard dev once said this on a lecture:

Im absolutely feeling it with PvP reward system being so generous.
    I dont know about PvE players
    PvP is in a really weird place. If versa is good for you; then it’s amazing to fill some slots. In the long run, you’ll be fully geared through PvP to play PvP.

However; until enough resets have passed; you get hard punished for doing pvp all day long instead of PvE and that’s just wrong.

In the end; the system just doesn’t deliver for PvP at the start of a season while at the same time being way too good in PvE for early prog (i.e. 233 wep).

I feel like none of the systems blizzard have tried since removing PvP stats have paid off.

Stingy rewards, 5 herbs for one potion, severely low drop rates for materials for feasts and food, the fact failing +10s gives you a better ilvl reward than heroic raids in your weekly vault. It's almost like Blizzard hates raiders. Why go through the time and effort required for such a hassle? Lol
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    also, it's either that or titanforge, they can't have both
    I'm sure there's other alternatives, I don't know why people think this lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    There being an abundance of loot has been a major issue in WoW for a very long time. They're finally nerfing loot drop across the board, not just in raids, get used to it.

Without titanforging, you'd be walking around in full raid gear in 2-3 weeks and be done with progression, while none of the items you earned would feel any special. Might as well remove gear entirely then.

That being said though, m+ is still way too op right now and this has to be heavily nerfed as well.
    This would be fine if it wasn't forced personal loot. Except personal loot is so fucking random that one person can literally get fully geared in 2 weeks while several people get zero drops over 2 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This would be fine if it wasn't forced personal loot. Except personal loot is so fucking random that one person can literally get fully geared in 2 weeks while several people get zero drops over 2 weeks.
    Those are obvious extremes. I think that the biggest issue with Blizzard turning down the loot faucet is that players will latch onto the two ends of the spectrum and claim that "everybody they know" is in one camp or the other. In reality, 80% of people fall into the middle where they may not be getting as much gear early on but will have far more gear as the weeks progress. It's human nature to have knee-jerk reactions which is largely what this thread represents but I think long term people will be happier with the system than in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Those are obvious extremes. I think that the biggest issue with Blizzard turning down the loot faucet is that players will latch onto the two ends of the spectrum and claim that "everybody they know" is in one camp or the other. In reality, 80% of people fall into the middle where they may not be getting as much gear early on but will have far more gear as the weeks progress. It's human nature to have knee-jerk reactions which is largely what this thread represents but I think long term people will be happier with the system than in the past.
    I've done 3 weeks of full normal clears and 5-8 heroic bosses each week. I've gotten 3 pieces of loot(not counting legendaries recipes). The reality is there and it's a shit system because it is happening when it shouldn't be happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

For people using old expansions such as TBC/Wrath/Cata/MoP and WoD for examples. TBC gear was obsolete pretty much next raid tier. Kara/Gruuls/Mags was all obsolete by time you entered t6 except for niche trinkets (DST etc). The only reason those raids remained relevant was for gold and badges to buy t6ish equivalent gear. Heroics was obsolete by time you could do Kara except for rep (and ironically were harder than Kara to begin with). Wrath continued that trend, only reason people did Naxx/Ulduar/ToC or heroics once ICC was out was for quests or rare collectibles/achievements etc. There was a trinket in a normal ICC 5man which for casters pretty much obsoleted everything short of 10man ICC (haste trinket from Black Knight). There was no reason to touch Ulduar except for achievements or personal wishes once ICC was out, the gear was no good anymore. Between badges/5mans and early ICC nothing else was needed. Cata, once again the only relevant content was the current one.

Now the kicker, All three of those expansions I regularly went weeks without a drop even at the beginning of entering that tier. It wasnt an issue though, because my guildies were getting gear. And generally when something dropped I could use, it was a bigger upgrade for others anyway so I let it go to them.

Now, I prefer the old loot systems, ML and Group loot though. IMO we just need that to come back as options (and most definitely as group loot in 5mans).
    Last edited by Dazu; 2020-12-26 at 03:58 AM.