Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    This is why all of my allied races are bm hunters with spirit beasts. I have like 16 BM hunters + some on horde side. Stopped counting.
    They are disgusting and thats why I love love love them. On my balance druid I prowled through everything that wasn't necessary to kill and had struggles to kill stuff when my night fae ability thingie ended. On BM hunter? Into the meat grinder with everything.
    It's true that BM is much easier; especially at lower gear levels.
    But I have to say that when you approach higher gear levels (e.g. ilvl 190+) this advantage becomes much less as all classes get much more power.
    At lower gear levels I had the same thing where my alts would get shredded in as little as 1v2 fights while my BM just pulled 6+ consistently; but that power gap is much lower now that my alts are on ~190 ilvl gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Oh, on max level, I meet hunters without pets kiting buffier rares and whatnot (night fae amphitheater) around, getting smashed in the face, seeing the relief when I arrive on my shaman with my Earth ele (ok, sometimes I just watch them), and I'm like bro, you're hunter, why don't just pull your pet out for outdoor stuff...
    Sometimes its fun to kill stuff while kiting, but the Amphitheater is not one of those places to do so.

I see these hunters a lot too; most just completely misunderstand lone wolf and think it's a sin to use a pet as MM under any circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    It is absolutely the best Hunter spec for levelling. There's a reason every speed-levelling Hunter plays BM.
    This.

A lot of people mistake the high burst / one shot potential of MM while leveling with efficiency. It's not.
    Not only does BM have nearly the same TTK in 1v1 fights (longer time in combat maybe, but less time casting before combat); but it can also do much better AoE.
    Pulling 10 mobs and having the pet cleave it down is much more efficient than anything BM can do.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2020-12-26 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    A lot of people mistake the high burst / one shot potential of MM while leveling with efficiency. It's not.
    Usually I find it's delusional SV Hunters who think their spec is better for levelling. The argument mostly revolves around the Terms of Engagement talent. Being able to charge after every kill is nice, for sure. What's better is not ever having to approach the target on account of being ranged. Their logic also tends to revolve around the mindset of "one mob at a time" just as it does with the MM Hunters.

Knowing Segus1992's stances on this forum, given he's someone who unironically thinks Hunters should have 2 melee specs and 1 ranged spec, I'm going to assume for the time being he falls into this column.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    If BM Hunter is the best spec you've leveled as, you're not a great player. BMs strength, especially open world, is how easy it is to play.

BM isn't even the best Hunter spec to level as, assuming more than minimal skill.
    I lvlede a survival hunter as well (Forgot to tell, so many alts) and no...survival was fine, but BM hunter is still better. I dont care about 50-60 or end-game, this was for lvling before SL. BM hunter is just insane 0-50.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I lvlede a survival hunter as well (Forgot to tell, so many alts) and no...survival was fine, but BM hunter is still better. I dont care about 50-60 or end-game, this was for lvling before SL. BM hunter is just insane 0-50.
    BM hunter is extremely challenging to play 1-50. I have repeatedly found myself draining flasks of coffee trying to stay awake while leveling as BM. I just keep falling asleep on my keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero2Zer0 View Post
    Are you new to wow? If so BM has been this way for several years, (Legion, BFA, Now Slands). Theyre basically a melee spec with 40 yard range on everything. Their only cast is Dismiss Pet.
    This travesty of a cast time MUST be corrected AT ONCE or unsub! (⁎˃ᆺ˂)