Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    I find strange that Zanzil, Loa Of Zandalar is missing from game strangely. he was introduced in ZulGurub Raid and later re-appeared in Heroic Zul'Gurub and no sign since that

Bwonsamdi was actually Loa Of Death for Darkspear, and now he became main loa for all trolls
    You may be referring to Zanza

He had a cameo appearance during Talanji's coronation
    Pretty sad he didn't get any participation during BfA
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

He's in Zul'Gurub too I think

Zanzil is the troll who made the 'mindslaves' in Stranglethorn
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-12-26 at 04:47 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I’ll be honest there is a lot more to be answered about Muehzala Bwonsamdi and Hakkar. How Muelzala convinced helya? What’s the exact relationship between the two loa of death? And why did Hakkar need to be summoned to Azeroth when Ardenweald has portals to send spirits back to the mortal plane??

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post

yeah, Zanza The Restless

I wrote wrong name

he mentions himself as Loa Of Zandalar
    and has no role there

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    yeah, Zanza The Restless

I wrote wrong name

he mentions himself as Loa Of Zandalar
    and has no role there
    That's on Blizzard ignoring most of the stuff they write for trolls

Great regeneration? Can be killed by a single arrow
    Blessed by the loa of death and the loa of poison? Death by fel poison
    Literal millenia of arcane expertise? Written off by everyone as savages
    Connection to the natural world and living with the loa? Made fun of their accent at Ardenweald
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hack-Attack View Post
    I’ll be honest there is a lot more to be answered about Muehzala Bwonsamdi and Hakkar. How Muelzala convinced helya? What’s the exact relationship between the two loa of death? And why did Hakkar need to be summoned to Azeroth when Ardenweald has portals to send spirits back to the mortal plane??
    Helya hated Odyn for turning her into the first Val'kyr against her will, Loken convinced her to turn against Odyn and Mueh'zala convinced she joined the Jailor sometime after she created Helheim (or maybe that's been retconned and Mueh'zala is the one who turned her against Odyn now), it's probably part of some master plan that the Jailor and Mueh'zala created.

Mueh'zala makes a deal with Odyn to give him the power to see into the Shadowlands, Odyn gets inspired by the Kyrian to create his own Val'kyr, turns Helya against her will into the first Val'kyr, Helya turns against Odyn, Mueh'zala brings Helya & Val'kyr loyal to her to the Jailors side, Jailor now has Kyrian-esque servants who can snatch people from their rightful afterlives (which i'm guessing is going to be the reason Sylvanas was taken to the Maw after she killed herself at Icecrown).

As far as Mueh'zala and Bwonsamdi, Bwonsamdi was a mortal priest (presumably a troll priest of Mueh'zala) who Mueh'zala made into a Loa, Trolls turn away from worshipping Mueh'zala because he demanded blood and sacrifices and Bwonsamdi became the Loa of Death for most trolls (except the Sandfury)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    ..A mortal troll?
    It's never been a secret that Bwonsamdi was born mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by https://wow.gamepedia.com/Bwonsamdi
    Long ago, Mueh'zala was the loa of the dead for all trolls, and he elevated Bwonsamdi from priest to loa,[12] becoming Bwonsamdi's master.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Bringing back Hakkar was good, especially given how interesting the area he was in looked and confirming he'll be back once we beat him again. What's less good is that he got one encounter and we spend half the dungeon dealing with gnomes and a broker. The broker thing at least serves some hamhanded purpose as foreshadowing but the gnome part is stupidly out of place. Someone in the writing team really loves Millhouse. He's had more screentime than Vol'jin over the course of the game and he's had more development too.

The core idea of Mueh'zala and Bwonsamdi squaring off is fine, but Mueh'zala's design is fairly boring to look at and they make little use out of the area, presumably out of fear of troll fatigue and the whole thing is just handled way too quickly. Major revelations are given as 'by the way, I did this' in Mueh'zala's dialogue. Its one saving grace is that Mueh'zala survives by the end. In general I think Bwonsamdi was a victim of his own success as a character since he's had a lot of the rough edges smoothed out in this appearance and in Shadows Rising compared to how he's framed in the early BFA story.
    I guess the gnome part was just to add some goofyness to the character since Bwonsamdi has some trickster vibes. It also shows that anybody can make a deal with him. Milhouse and Millificent became "iconic" gnome characters so I guess it wasn't that bad. At least, I can understand the reason behind this choice.