Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    Well, yeah. Once you know which powers work for you and your playstyle, you're gonna pick them every time.

The flaw in your logic is that you don't get any guarantee of any specific powers. You might have a run where you get the option of prime picks on every power choice. Other runs, you'll get absolute shit powers.

Not every class and spec has the same ease. Some classes have ridiculous powers - see the 1-shot videos from Mages and a few other classes. There's even a monk power that lets you jump and spam off arcane bolts - jump in certain places, and your jump time drops down to 0.2 seconds, meaning you just jump in one spot and win.

Many other specs don't have such powers. For example, one of the best I've seen as DH is being able to imprison a mob to MC it. Using that on some of the elites helps clear the floors, but that won't help you with the boss.
    The Monk jump got nerfed, its now only on rolls

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    Well, yeah. Once you know which powers work for you and your playstyle, you're gonna pick them every time.

The flaw in your logic is that you don't get any guarantee of any specific powers. You might have a run where you get the option of prime picks on every power choice. Other runs, you'll get absolute shit powers.

Not every class and spec has the same ease. Some classes have ridiculous powers - see the 1-shot videos from Mages and a few other classes. There's even a monk power that lets you jump and spam off arcane bolts - jump in certain places, and your jump time drops down to 0.2 seconds, meaning you just jump in one spot and win.

Many other specs don't have such powers. For example, one of the best I've seen as DH is being able to imprison a mob to MC it. Using that on some of the elites helps clear the floors, but that won't help you with the boss.
    The stupidly op one from monks got nerfed, tho.
    I kind off agree with you, but have to disagree, too. You do NOT need OP powers to clear L8. Some mediocre are enough, if you do not go undergeared in there.
    L8 is not supposed to be done with 150 or 160, it's mostly for people going 175++, even this ilvl is imo to low for clean L8 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    SO - only tanks can join content where legendaries would be considered mandatory.

Well that's an interesting take

My arcane mage on a level 3 is 100 times harder than my mage + a tank on level 8.

That's a flaw in the design of torghast, nothing more nothing less.
    Meanwhile I finished a layer 8 run on my enhancement shaman with 1000 stygia or whatever it's called left over.

I didn't even get any of the best anima powers, like 15 sec of Bloodlust when dropping a totem, but it was still easy as hell.

I have no doubt in my mind that I could solo a layer 8 run on a mage at 184+ ilvl. I'm sorry to say, but content isn't, won't ever be, and shouldn't ever be designed around people with disabilities, because the vast majority of people playing WoW do not have disabilities like yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

To all you people crying because it's too easy:

Take off your precious gear, pick up greens from the auction house or go naked, invite likeminded players, record that stuff, put it on youtube, brag on mmo-chamo forums, feel superior and whenever something seems too easy again - rinse and repeat. Thank you.

If you aren't engaging in any of that content, why does it even matter if you can barely scrap out the low levels right now? Most of the ash is still concentrated on the lower floors so you can easily craft a legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post

Take off your precious gear, pick up greens from the auction house or go naked, invite likeminded players, record that stuff, put it on youtube, brag on mmo-chamo forums, feel superior and whenever something seems too easy again - rinse and repeat. Thank you.
    Why should one do? Why shouldn't those people say that it is to easy for them, when they GOT GEAR first and have knowledge about their class?
    I smell a little bit of "I don't want to play the game, but want be able to do everything" here. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What can I say? I am not arguing about getting to a certain ilv being hard or so. Did the same as you...Covenant campaign, couple of dungeons (without loot). That WQ in Maldraxxus I must have missed since my weapon is still only ilv146. Bought no items. Average ilv is 160.

That said: I actually never had a problem in Torghast so far...even when ppl making threads how impossible it is and they were failing at the boss on number 6 two weeks ago. Then again I play a Prot Paladin.

And people were complaining that certain speccs or classes or groups were struggling. So now it is the flipside of the "it is too esy they ruined it" flat across the board without taking speccs into account.
    Just wanted to say that one can reach the necessary itemlvl just with only doing the cov campaign.
    You can upgrade alle pieces with anima up to 177 right now, too!
    The specific WQ enables a treasure, that you can only open if you have specific buffs active on yourself. It's a 2h strength weapon called "Sorrowbane".

Sometimes, the stars also align perfectly, making the run stupidly easy.

I just got out of a level 7 with my lock :
    - My pet had 348k HP on the final stage.
    Yes, 348k. More than any boss in the run, except the last one.
    - 35% damage after health funnel => that thing is godmode. Litterally unkillable.
    - Also had a +150% damage on every summoned demon

The VW alone made 37% of my damages on the final boss ^^
    Add an additional 30% from the Infernals popping out everywhere.

I almost didn't have to do a signle thing, whatever I pulled (packs of 10 mobs, minibosses, final boss, Jailer himself...).

Not all runs end up like this, of course, but it can turn out to be very easy, whatever your stuff or ilvl is

15+ Year Old Account
    Its the worst rogue like ive ever played. Why would i want it to be hard?

FYI/PSA: Torghast scales with ilvl, so it is easier at low ilvl higher floors then high ilvl higher floors.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Maybe it's easy tower this week. But last week and week before they were harder and fun.
    It was nerfed at the end of last week.
    Personally I never had trouble soloing it beforehand on my sp

be interesting to see what the people that say its easy are actually playing. I can cheese a lot on my hunter. Warrior I have to be very careful
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

OP's post and the people commenting in support of it are belligerently idiotic, sorry not sorry. My guess is that none of the aforementioned managed to get to layer 8 pre-nerf, especially during the week that resulted in the nerf, because if they had they would have encountered the Empowered Imperial Consular, a floor boss that was leagues more difficult to kill than the end boss. As a 197 Protection Paladin at the time, it took everything I had and then some to take those bastards down, and if I was unlucky enough to get one on floor 5, the run was done for because not even 4 interrupts, self-heals, and damage immunities could stand against a creature that rapidly casts 30k spell damage every couple of seconds, 20k melee hits thanks to the enemy zone buff, and a debuff that makes me unable to use any spells for 6 seconds. I can't even imagine how shitty that must have been for other classes.

None of this even notes that prior to the nerf and the additional, higher quality anima powers, people were failing runs that they had invested more than an hour of their time into. I among many am so glad that Blizzard listened because now Torghast is doable with any spec, doable with your friends, and doable in a far more reasonable time frame.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is trolling or didn't get very far pre-nerf. No, that's not a "anyone who disagrees with me is wrong" statement, it's an absolute fact. No one in a healthy state of mind would prefer pre-nerf Torghast over what we have now. Getting a fraction of the amount of currency needed to go toward a main expansion feature is not something that needs to fulfill your fantasy of overcoming an insane challenge. You have high keystones, mythic raids, and high-ranking rated arenas for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    FYI/PSA: Torghast scales with ilvl, so it is easier at low ilvl higher floors then high ilvl higher floors.
    do we have a source on that? I didn't noticed and it doesn't really make sense to me.
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2020-12-26 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I never had issues with my main in Torghast but after leveling alt I was shocked how easy floor 8 is even with 170-180 ilvl.
    There is no danger or strategy required whatsoever. One can just go with their alts and kill everything on sight. 2 weeks ago on my main I had to be careful with elites but now after learning stuff I don't have to do that even on my lesser geared alt.
    Shouldn't Blizz buff them by little so they are not that faceroll?
    its not supposed to be hard just a mechanic to get soul ash. if you want hard try mythic raids.

Ah, nice switchup on the pro-flyer's go-to argument about expansions launching without flight.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Thanks for the info - I missed the anima upgrade option. Need to check it out
    As soon as you unlocked a new, higher piece, you can upgrade all lower pieces up to the highest ilvl available So next week its 184 if I'm not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird1205 View Post
    Thats what the layers up to 18 in the future are for. The first 8 for soul ash and legendaries has to be accessable (in terms of diffculty) for all types of players.
    Couldnt agree more.

And nothing is easier that adding extra floors later on. Or make Achievements with rewards for speed-runs, not taking ANY Anima or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    well that kind of indicates that the difficulty is more about skill than item level, which isn't that bad of a thing really. keep in mind the Endless Corridors are intended to be the true challenge and that doesn't unlock until we finish the questchain to try to rescue all the faction leaders
    Torghast has absolutely nothing to do with skill. There are very few easy mechanics and just raw hp, auto attack damage.

Difficulty comes from what's your luck with the animas, when low geared.

I kinda have to agree with OP, torghast is pretty easy now. Some class have it more challenging, but still. The difficulty was ok 2 weeks ago, then they made it way harder (and in a stupid way, floor 2 elite with 400K pvs, final boss at 800K+... and of course with the stacking 10% damage/5s and immun cc), and finally they nerfed it to oblivion. But this is totally fine. The 8 normal layers aren't mean to be hard, that was the same on the beta, the 6 floors runs are just a easy weekly "chore". The challenge come with twisting corridor, it'll be unlocked soon, if you want challenge just wait for it.