View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Of course I'm serious.

UK statutory sick pay 28 weeks vs EU no worker protections.
    UK holiday pay 5 weeks vs EU 4 weeks
    UK maternity leave 52 weeks vs EU 14 weeks
    and so on and so on.

We won't play by EU rules, in fact because of Brexit and the level playing field deal we now outside the EU have more chance of improving EU standards than when we were in it! How crazy is that?

Anyhow I'm pleased to celebrate one thing today with you and your President Von der Leyen who tweeted in celebration how finally you are going to begin Covid vaccinations. Very very pleased for you and just glad once again the UK didn't have to follow EU rules in that regard. Seems in the replies to her tweet many eurochums agree with me, I just wish we had been able to raise EU standards in that regard too, I suppose Brexit does have its limitations.

We won't be following many EU rules I promise you with 6 sleeps to go...

I think you misunderstood

You’ll play by EU rules, not the other way around.

And if you don’t (which you’ll do) the deal obviously will be irrelevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Oh boy here we go comparing the total amount of sick pay, holiday days, maternity leave, of the UK - with the minimum required in the EU, of which a lot of countries are way above the UK. Because it differs a lot among European countries, but it shouldn't be under the minimum set by the EU - shocking, I know.

But of course facts don't matter to the likes of dribbles. BLUE PASSPORTS YEE
    The most basic fundamental workers right is the ability to work. With UK unemployment rates on average at half the rate across the EU they are the kind of facts that matter to me and the rest of Brexit Britain.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    The most basic fundamental workers right is the ability to work. With UK unemployment rates on average at half the rate across the EU they are the kind of facts that matter to me and the rest of Brexit Britain.
    Oh look you couldn’t defend your point so you had to whip out a non sequitur. But do have fun getting dictated to by the EU until enough old folks pass away that young people start pushing for reintegration. I give it a decade or two tops. Hahaha.

Y’all are leaving the EU with even less sovereignty you had prior. Not even the Lib Dems would have been so pro EU as to demand Britain follow its rules without any sayso in their writing.

Might as well have Remained. Oops.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-12-26 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Except that has nothing to do with your initial garbage. Good job being the kind of politician everyone hates - including you Brexitchums.
    Oh it’s goalpost move after goalpost move after goalpost move with Dribbles.

At some point he’ll realise, that when the EU changes regulations for goods, the UK will have to follow, and have 0 influence in the changes.

So much for “taking back control”

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry dribbles, the EU has good standards and cares for its subjects even if your own government no longer does
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Don't worry dribbles, the EU has good standards and cares for its subjects even if your own government no longer does
    Literally. At least the EU would be arranging regular garbage pickups and not deliberately starving kids to save a buck, unlike the English government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post

At some point he’ll realise, that when the EU changes regulations for goods, the UK will have to follow, and have 0 influence in the changes.

Yes, but they'll have the choice to say NO! that's what matters to them.

Disclaimer: they already had that choice but their politicians didn't properly represented them in the EU, people like farrage are know for this. So in the future they can have as voter just as much influence as their politicians can no longer even represent their interest for them even if they wanted to. So in essence all they really did was reduce the work load of politicians, what they can now undoubtedly dedicate to take away even more rights and services of the citizens of great britania.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

There is no obligation for either party - the UK or EU - to follow the other's regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There is no obligation for either party - the UK or EU - to follow the other's regulations.
    No it’ll just close down access to the single market.

No it’ll just close down access to the single market.
    What are you talking about?

The UK and EU have agreed that they will protect fair competition - neither has to follow to the other's rules - and if either party is judged to have breached this then tariffs can be applied.

UK goods sold in the EU have to follow EU regulations, it’s not a complex concept.

Of course I'm serious.

UK statutory sick pay 28 weeks vs EU no worker protections.
    Misleading and inaccurate. Reading from a report from December 2016 called "Sick pay and sickness benefit schemes in the European Union" by S. Spasova, D. Bouget, B. Vanhercke.

Sick pay in most countries in the EU (although it depends on the state, which employment) vary between 40 and 100% of salary. The uk and Malta had a flat rate, corresponding to about 20%. The statement about the uk bears repeating:
    In the UK, SSP and the ESA came to replace previous sickness and disability benefits,
    with the aim of reducing the number of beneficiaries. As discussed in Section 1.2, the
    income replacement level of the SSP benefits is around 20%. These benefits have been
    assessed as inadequate by UK social and rights workers, who point out that ‘many people
    are faced with financial hardships and debt which can be debilitating when trying to live
    on a level of benefits which are clearly inadequate’ (UK Welfare Rights Worker cited in
    Etherington and Inogold 2012).
    Yah! 20% of income, not 40-100% as in most EU-countries! Inadequate is good right?!

UK holiday pay 5 weeks vs EU 4 weeks
    Source - or are comparing apples to oranges?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workin...gulations_1998 states that the uk has the minimum required by EU: 28 days (several EU states have more).

It's just that originally the uk employers (you know the ones that you claim are so good for workers) interpreted 4 weeks as 4x5 days; and thus it was "extended" to reach the minimum in the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

UK goods sold in the EU have to follow EU regulations, it’s not a complex concept.
    True, and in addition to that they agreed to have similar level of worker benefits etc; to provide a level playing field.

Not the same benefits - just not lowering them.

It is not a complex concept nor is it the same as what you originally claimed (but don't worry no-one cares whether you spout bullshit or not here). This applies to selling goods or services in to every single market on the planet.

However it does not change the fact your claims "You’ll play by EU rules, not the other way around." or that the rebalancing clause would result in the single market being closed are completely false.

It is not a complex concept nor is it the same as what you originally claimed (but don't worry no-one cares whether you spout bullshit or not here). This applies to selling goods or services in to every single market on the planet.

However it does not change the fact your claims "You’ll play by EU rules, not the other way around." or that the rebalancing clause would result in the single market being closed are completely false.
    It is what I originally claimed, that you misunderstood as dribbles clearly did, is on you.

And you’ll adhere to EU rules for goods, goods that does not will not be sold in the EU. Those EU rules can be changed by the EU without consent from the UK. Again it’s not a complex concept.

But do your usual goal-post moving into ad hominem and end up with shitposting.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2020-12-26 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh Pann, you need to import the goods there is quite a bit more paper work involved so your access to the single market is already limited in the future as you need the correct paperwork for them something you don't need now. So yes those goods will need to pass the EU standards and regulations opposed on them or they can't be shipped here.

Did you never order something from China and had to fill in additional paper work, you may compare it to that to an extend bit more complicated depending on what type of good we are speaking about, let's say fish and sea food in general comes with quite a bit more.

Now i do fully expect you to respond back in your usual matter as before your hiatus that we don't get you, we don't understand you, we got it all wrong added in with some personal attacks and playing the victim when you backed yourself in a corner, but it's all fun and games isn't it so welcome back mate! Happy boxingday and so on!
    ― Anthony Hopkins

7+ Year Old Account
    It is what I originally claimed, that you misunderstood as dribbles clearly did, is on you.

And you’ll adhere to EU rules for goods, goods that does not will not be sold in the EU. Those EU rules can be changed by the EU without consent from the UK. Again it’s not a complex concept.

You just stated the obvious though.

EU goods that want access to UK markets will have to comply with UK regulations which the EU will have no say over any more thanks to Brexit.

Was that what you were trying to say, but vice versa?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

No, it's not. Dribbles' post specifically said "...the UK has far higher standards than the EU for workers rights in most areas it's good that the level playing field will mean the EU has to raise its game to match ours." to which you replied "Are you serious lol? You’ll play by EU rules kid, be happy for it."

There is absolutely no mention of goods in that or the subsequent posts until I replied to you. If you had meant something about goods - which no-one mentioned - then why only mention them when you've been caught out?

No-one has claimed otherwise.

The only person here moving goal posts is you but as I said there's no need to worry as long as your post is vaguely anti-UK and/or insulting Dribbles then no-one cares so there's no need to get all defensive and lie about your nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by farsas View Post
    The more that comes out about the deal the happier I am.

Britain still has to abide by EU legislation protecting workers but can't actually vote or influence the EU parliament in any way.

Since Britain is controlled by the Tory party this is the best possible outcome for British workers. I might well have voted for it had I known this would happen.
    IDD with the sentiment but I think you're probably wrong. This administration will test to the limits the patience of the EU and no doubt we'll be in conflict in perpetuity.

Your other stuff about centre left folk disliking this because it "ratifies the Brexit result" or whatever it was.

Positives:

- NI remains in the single market, customs union and subject to ECJ so as to avoid bloodshed. There’s something to worry about here? Do I give a fuck about Arlene Foster and her band of merry fucktards? No. Best possible outcome. Why are you so bothered by NI and Gibraltar now? Historically (if you go back beyond 1713) there is zero reason for the UK to have any sort of valid territorial claim to Gibraltar. WTF are you talking about? When the Sun dies in 5 bn years time do you think a single fuck will be given about Gibraltar? Or the people who died fighting for it? The Vandals, Visigoths, Berbers, Moors, Nasrids, Marinids, etc. You’re suddenly a unionist? Where the fuck did that come from?

- The value of fish caught by the EU in UK waters will be cut by only 25% over a transition period of 5.5 years. It's hysterical. How do your fisherpeople feel about that? It's beyond farce that anyone on the outer extremities of the the right or the left finds this something to spin as a success. Personally, I think it’s great. Dear cod, I laughed so hard. The irony is off the scales.

Negatives:

- Fuck the referendum result. The question should never have been asked in the form that it was asked. The lies, racism, Cummings, Farage, LBC, Steve “Hardman” Baker, the bus. Jesus. No, I do not respect this “ratification”. Neither should anyone with half a brain; regardless of class or political outlook.

- Level playing field. As above: the Tories will stretch or break the rules to suit their funders' goals. This policing of the trade agreement and "dispute mechanism”:

This clause is much stricter than measures found in other recent EU trade deals, and was a key demand on the European side. It is a mechanism we may hear a lot more about in the coming years.

Exactly this. We’re going to hear a lot more about it.

- Services. Have been utterly screwed. I share your distaste for elements of the banking sector, but who the fuck do you think is going to pay taxes to fund our public services? The fucking fishermen? We’re going to reopen the coal mines? Where the fuck is this income of yours coming from? Will we not need it any more?

- Then in rapid succession: trade and travel will proceed with more friction than previously - you may not like eating products that don’t originate from Lincolnshire but I do; red tape across the board; prices will rise, food chain will be slower, more complex and more expensive; border checks; pet passports; right to study / work / live in an EU country gone: removal of roaming charges: etc. etc. etc. I don’t need to requote the whole list.

In short: insular, isolated, pathetic Britain. Divided to be exploited by the likes of Farage, Rees-Mogg, and their backers. Universally disliked by pretty much everyone.

This is something you’re happy with? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    - Services. Have been utterly screwed. I share your distaste for elements of the banking sector, but who the fuck do you think is going to pay taxes to fund our public services? The fucking fishermen? We’re going to reopen the coal mines?
    To avoid giving the uk any bad ideas: the agreement contains a commitment to climate goals so reopening coal mines wouldn't work well.

(It does actually mention of coal from the ground once - but that's about a date for social security for Spanish coal miners.)

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post

This is something you’re happy with? Really?
    I think their point was that the UK is for all intents and purposes now ruled by the EU and thus out of the clutches of the current batch of fucktards that we keep voting in.

Obviously I've not read it, no one is offering a detailed TLDR atm but it's looking like a marketable BINO deal. The EU took our lunch money but it's letting BoJo say that we chose to donate it to the EU or we left it at home or the dog ate it or whatever the fuck they can sell to Express readers.