Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Just on Twitter and conservative reddits. Like I said it's hard to tell how much is sincere.
    Ahh I get it now. Thanks for the explanation. Fingers crossed that it means something.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is yet more Powell news, the gift that keeps on giving.

Powell had a "seret witness" described in official court documents as a “private contractor with experience gathering and analyzing foreign intelligence".

Turns out, they're a podcaster.

"Surely they have experience in a government intel--"

No.

- - - Updated - - -

This exploratory article is all about if Pence can run in 2024.

Spoiler alert: No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I’m seeing that he will run in 24 but is unlikely to win.
    Well, it's worse than that. The following needs to happen:
    1) Trump needs to not run.
    2) When Pence certifies on Jan 6th, Trump needs to accept that graciously and not attack him.
    3) Most importantly, he has to believe he can hold Trump's base without being Trump, yet hold conventional Republicans despite supporting Trump and Trump's massive body count.
    4) While likely going against Biden after four years of recovery.

If Pence runs, he'll be humiliated. He's got to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There is yet more Powell news, the gift that keeps on giving.

Powell had a "seret witness" described in official court documents as a “private contractor with experience gathering and analyzing foreign intelligence".

Turns out, they're a podcaster.

"Surely they have experience in a government intel--"

No.

- - - Updated - - -

This exploratory article is all about if Pence can run in 2024.

Spoiler alert: No.
    Yeah he's crazy, but not the specific kind of crazy that'll get trump supporters motivated. They want full circus, which Pence just can't deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah he's crazy, but not the specific kind of crazy that'll get trump supporters motivated. They want full circus, which Pence just can't deliver.
    And Pence knows this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pence is literally Wonderbread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Pence is literally Wonderbread.
    Wonderbread doesn't cause AIDS epidemics.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just on Twitter and conservative reddits. Like I said it's hard to tell how much is sincere.
    I feel like there's genuine frustration that's actually real (because, c'mon, Conservatives only caring about something when it immediately affects them is a tale as old as time) but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some folks just stirring the pot to rile them up against the GOP. It's the same vibe I get when I see posts about 'We should boycott the GA runoffs!', which is also the same vibe I got when dunderheads were trying to push #WalkAway and #Blexit as something real and not just a concerted trolling effort.

And Pence knows this.
    It's funny. Biden formalized Trump's win and 4 years later became president. Pence will formalize Biden win and it'll be the end of his political career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I feel like there's genuine frustration that's actually real (because, c'mon, Conservatives only caring about something when it immediately affects them is a tale as old as time) but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some folks just stirring the pot to rile them up against the GOP. It's the same vibe I get when I see posts about 'We should boycott the GA runoffs!', which is also the same vibe I got when dunderheads were trying to push #WalkAway and #Blexit as something real and not just a concerted trolling effort.
    As much as I’d like to believe that these people could genuinely spoil the Republican’s chances in Georgia, I think they’re dwarfed by the number of lifelong GOP voters who will just hold their noses and vote for whoever has an R next to their name.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny. Biden formalized Trump's win and 4 years later became president. Pence will formalize Biden win and it'll be the end of his political career.
    Probably because the people who voted for Hillary didn’t think that Hillary was divinely ordained to rule the US, and that any person merely following the election procedures stating that she lost was a heretical deep-state traitor and part of some grand conspiracy, like people who support trump seem to believe with trump’s loss.

It’s almost as if democrat voters are more logical and all-around well educated. And while the “more logical” part may be extrapolation, the “more well educated” absolutely bears out.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-12-26 at 06:39 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    As much as I’d like to believe that these people could genuinely spoil the Republican’s chances in Georgia, I think they’re dwarfed by the number of lifelong GOP voters who will just hold their noses and vote for whoever has an R next to their name.
    Yeah the day when the boycott movement started I was pretty high on hopium, can even look back in this thread, but now that more time has passed, I'm becoming more certain they'll fall in line. But I also keep telling myself it won't be 2020 anymore, to keep a glimmer of hope alive.

15+ Year Old Account
    He can probably still get elected to Congress pretty easily if he picks the right state and districts to run in.

He's got a snowball's chance in hell of ever winning the presidency. He only got the VP nod because Trump needed more evangelical support. He's set decoration.

He can probably still get elected to Congress pretty easily if he picks the right state and districts to run in.

He's got a snowball's chance in hell of ever winning the presidency. He only got the VP nod because Trump needed more evangelical support. He's set decoration.
    Yep, he was Manafort's pick to be VP, because Trump was going to pick Chris Christie. But I think Kushner talked him out of it because Christie put Kushner's father away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yep, he was Manafort's pick to be VP, because Trump was going to pick Chris Christie. But I think Kushner talked him out of it because Christie put Kushner's father away.
    Makes sense... Constantly standing next to Chris Christie, is very slimming.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It’s almost as if democrat voters are more logical and all-around well educated.
    When compared with Republicans, debatable.

When compared with the rabid fanbase, a cult defined by trusting only a proven serial liar, it's not debatable.

- - - Updated - - -

This one tweet might fill an entire "Trump Tweet Bingo" card on its own.

If a Democrat Presidential Candidate had an Election Rigged & Stolen, with proof of such acts at a level never seen before, the Democrat Senators would consider it an act of war, and fight to the death. Mitch & the Republicans do NOTHING, just want to let it pass. NO FIGHT!
    Random caps
    ALL CAPS
    "like nothing you've seen before"
    Attacking Democrats
    Attacking his own allies
    Rigged!
    Stolen election (yes, that's different from rigged)
    Strawman ("If XXX happened, YYY would...")
    Tweet that could be interpreted as inspiring violence

and of course

Objective falsehood

Well, it's worse than that. The following needs to happen:
    1) Trump needs to not run.
    2) When Pence certifies on Jan 6th, Trump needs to accept that graciously and not attack him.
    3) Most importantly, he has to believe he can hold Trump's base without being Trump, yet hold conventional Republicans despite supporting Trump and Trump's massive body count.
    4) While likely going against Biden after four years of recovery.

If Pence runs, he'll be humiliated. He's got to know that.
    I’m legit surprised you were able to type your second point with a straight face, because I definitely couldn’t stifle a laugh while reading it. There’s absolutely no one that Trump won’t throw under the bus. If he needed a kidney transplant he’d take both of Ivanka’s just to make sure.

I'm starting to wonder if Trump thinks that if he can force a government shutdown, and keep it shutdown, then Biden will never become president? He's not that stupid, right?

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if Trump thinks that if he can force a government shutdown, and keep it shutdown, then Biden will never become president? He's not that stupid, right?
    He is, but I don't really think that is a goal of his.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    I’m legit surprised you were able to type your second point with a straight face
    I got my laughing out of my system before typing. Indeed, Pence has no chance, because Trump is quite the piece of #2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if Trump thinks that if he can force a government shutdown, and keep it shutdown, then Biden will never become president?
    Even if that was the idea, and no it isn't Trump would never find a loophole nobody else ever found, but even if it was, we'd still be far more likely to see President Pelosi.

And I'd be okay with that.