Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why would we ever get flying in 9.1? It would pretty much completely invalidate the entire point of upgrading the covenant teleportation networks.

Flying will most likely show up in 9.2 when the content is no longer current as it should.

As for the actual 9.1 patch I would imagine that we will have a full and proper announcement for it at Blizzconline, so probably something like Late February/Early March.
    teleportation is still faster than flying and you only have that network in 1 of 4(5) zones.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    teleportation is still faster than flying and you only have that network in 1 of 4(5) zones.
    Teleportation is marginally better as a pure teleportation tool in your own zone, and invalidates the point of several teleportation hub bonuses giving you access to places normally unreachable like the islands around Ardenweald meant as a reward for upgrading your Mushroom teleports, or the Necropolis given to Necrolords.

Also, how is being able to invalidate ground travel options in 4 zones instead of just 1 going to make me change my mind? are you assuming that quadrupling down on a shitty change will make me come around?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Teleportation is marginally better as a pure teleportation tool in your own zone, and invalidates the point of several teleportation hub bonuses giving you access to places normally unreachable like the islands around Ardenweald meant as a reward for upgrading your Mushroom teleports, or the Necropolis given to Necrolords.

Also, how is being able to invalidate ground travel options in 4 zones instead of just 1 going to make me change my mind? are you assuming that quadrupling down on a shitty change will make me come around?
    Dunno, I didn't expect you to have a hard on for crawling on the ground. No point in conversing with your ilk then anyway.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Yes. I have 2 balls and they both told me the truth
    In that case, I apologize profusely. Two balls are at least twice as much reliable as a single ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Dunno, I didn't expect you to have a hard on for crawling on the ground. No point in conversing with your ilk then anyway.
    I prefer making the game better designed, not removing large parts of it because some players are mildly inconvenienced by having to think about how to get from point A to B.
    I prefer it when the game is incentivizing you to use the tools at your disposal instead of just flying past them in a way that they cannot possbly hinder you.

Had the flying people gotten their wish then the game would be a drab raid after raid with bosses showering you with loot for even the most minor achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine early spring with PTR up late January.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I imagine early spring with PTR up late January.
    I think the devs will try to prevent players from having weeks where they are not adding more Renown, the weekly quest for Anima and Souls are not much, and likely something you would want to do regardless, but Blizzard should still try to prevent players from feeling the weekly quest is not worth doing. The Anima one especially.

Ahh, all you poor souls that think flying is coming in 9.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

This link again. Leave it to the gaming community to have reading comprehension problems. No where in this link does it state flying is coming in 9.1. To someone who doesn't waste their life away on video games, and can read, this link would imply 9.2. All this link says is flying might be coming in a "Major content update". Taking PR spin out of trying to imply the .1, or .5 updates are "MAJOR, major updates have always been historically tied to raid tiers. If history proves itself accurate, we're not likely to get a new tier until 9.2.
    Last edited by ablib; 2020-12-27 at 07:13 PM.

Free loot?
    Instant teleports?
    Godmode?
    item enchantment that multiplies your resources gathered by 1000%?
    Plentiful botting?

All of these things would have gathering herbs much, much easier, but that doesnt mean that the game should cater to a gatheres every whim, there needs to be some limitations for there to be at least a semblance of a challenge.
    Thats some legendary strawman'ing you are doing there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Flasks and potions, ok. But oils? I can make enough oils to last me a week of using them for every stupid crap just from the random herbs i get while collecting for the other two.
    Yeah oils are cheap.

Potions are expensive as fuck tho.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-12-27 at 07:22 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

This link again. Leave it to the gaming community to have reading comprehension problems. No where in this link does it state flying is coming in 9.1. To someone who doesn't waste their life away on video games, and can read, this link would imply 9.2. All this link says is flying might be coming in a "Major content update". Taking PR spin out of trying to imply the .1, or .5 updates are "MAJOR, major updates have always been historically tied to raid tiers. If history proves itself accurate, we're not likely to get a new tier until 9.2.
    Major updates are tied to raid tiers? So remember in 8.1 we got the BoD raid? Remember that? And how 7.1 gave us Nighthold? Remember that?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch

Whats with the ad hominem?

TLDR:
    Patch X = expansion
    Patch X.Y = major content patch
    Patch X.Y.Z = minor content patch
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-12-27 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Typo's

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is mid-late February.

It says "next major content update", which would include 9.1.

major updates have always been historically tied to raid tiers.
    Source?

To someone who doesn't waste their life away on video games, and can read
    Yikes, toxicity and insults just because of a link.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Thats some legendary strawman'ing you are doing there

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah oils are cheap.

Potions are expensive as fuck tho.
    If EVERYTHING that makes gathering easier is good then these examples should not be surprising. Yes it might be hyperbole, but flying might as well be Godmode at this point, you mountfrom anywhere outdoors, become effectively untargetable and can go anywhere you want at a far faster speed than any other option save direct teleportation.

Why is it so bad if I don't want flying to cheapen the intended effect of the game?

Being an asshole doesn't make what you're saying any less untrue. Major content patches have never been historically tied to raid tiers. They've been historically tied to new major content, which every expansion's X.1 content patch in WoW's history except one (Warlords at large is an anomalous mess and probably shouldn't be rightly counted) has delivered. Major content can include raids, sure. But raids are not and have never been the sole defining feature of major content or major content patches, and a lack of a raid doesn't disqualify new patch content from being major.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Being an asshole doesn't make what you're saying any less untrue. Major content patches have never been historically tied to raid tiers. They've been historically tied to new major content, which every expansion's X.1 content patch in WoW's history except one (Warlords at large is an anomalous mess and probably shouldn't be rightly counted) has delivered. Major content can include raids, sure. But raids are not and have never been the sole defining feature of major content or major content patches, and a lack of a raid doesn't disqualify new patch content from being major.
    I remember Blizzard themselves said they regretted calling 6.1, 6.1. It's why they started making more .x.5 patches.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I am just talking about the weird definitions the devs sometimes have for things. Their idea of what constitutes a major patch is not necessarily the same one that we all agree on. For all we know the devs could count major patches as only those that adds a new zone for content to be in.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch#:~:t...20the%20time).

Back when they were talking about it years back, they always referred to 7.1 or 7.2 and 7.3 as major patches. A dev said WoD had only 2 major patches, and one of them was reduced to a selfie-patch. WoD had 6.1 and 6.2. Legion had 3 major patches, etc.

0.0.5 patches have been referred to as minor since they began doing them.

Whether we'll have a major patch next, aka, 9.1, or a minor, aka, 9.0.5, remains to be seen. But X.Y patches are always major, even if they have just a selfie feature.

Considering the history, it's safe to continue assuming that they count X.Y patches as big regardless of raid content or not. Like in 5.3.

And yes, Ion said flying will be coming in 9.1. That's why I'm feeling that perhaps we'll get a minor patch before then.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-12-27 at 10:59 PM.

sounds good. i think we will be hearing about 9.1 at virtual blizzcon end of february. i dont expect to see a patch until march or april though.

I really hope it will be soon. If there's no new content by the time the covenant stories are over, there will be pretty much nothing to do anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    9.1 would still be a "major patch". Minor patches are things like 9.1.5 or 9.2.5.
    Since when is a 9.1 considered a major patch tho? Usually it's 9.2 and 9.4 and 9.1 and 9.3 being mini patches and 9.1.5 even more mini.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?