Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    I haven't noticed any difference Classic is strong as always.
    No... noooo!

I haven't noticed any difference Classic is strong as always.
    You must not have looked too closely then. Server population is only going in one direction, down.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic is fun no matter what, at least leveling journey now. I am somewhat sad not enough 5m groups can be found, as that part died with bwl/zg release
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    You must not have looked too closely then. Server population is only going in one direction, down.
    funny joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Hranica View Post
    My only classic goals after clearing MC/Ony and getting my benediction around release months was to get my girlfriend into it and let her see how dungeons used to play out and see the old scholo/ST/lbrs/ubrs

My 2 servers felt like they died out except for like 2 guilds that raid log

I tried to get my girlfriend into it but by level 45-50 we hadn't found enough people for a dungeon outside of early VC runs and even that was begging a level 60 mage carrying his alt on a second account to not just ignore us.

I don't really care for the raids past t2, Naxx would have been interesting but months of AQ and the time/gold req for Naxx isn't for me anymore. I get why everyone is so endgame focused, and I get that leveling dungeons and max level dungeons shouldn't be the most popular thing this late in the cycle but it felt like 1-80 were alive enough on my low pop australian realm 2005-2010 to be able to get dungeon groups together while leveling and on 2 servers in classic now it's felt like I'm playing a single player game which is essentially just slower modern wow
    its pretty normal to not see many people leveling in classic,its pretty tedious and if they do many just buy boosts as its ridiculously faster than leveling normaly,classic could have twice as many players as retail and i would still expect the lvling scene to be dead

- - - Updated - - -

funny joke.
    i mean you can find stats on this you know,and its pretty delusional to think classic isnt going down now that the content is at a dead end,and shadowlands is out with new content thats going to come out,also most new players and casual players are not likely to chose classic now,retail not only is a better endgame alternative but also from a casual point of view,what new player can afford to keep with naxx requirements,resistances,flasks,world buff minigame?

i leveled a few new chars in shadowlands and i was pretty amazed at the number of new players lvling,meanwile classic u cant find a 5 man grp on the most populated pve realms,no1 is starting classic now,it has its loyal fanbase that kept coming back for new releases,and thats over

i would expect tbc to be better at these things,but based on private server data it for some reason wasnt the case with tbc being much less popular than vanila sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    It isnt, just play on a high pop.,..Aka like pick 1 of 1-4 realms. Again end-game for me was so dull, no content, easy raids and gearing.
    Earthfury's a medium pop with 4.6k players according to https://ironforge.pro/servers/?locale=US. Thats higher pop than any high servers in vanilla. There are tons of realms to pick from. (and thats just counting active raiders)

Only 9 out of the 39 servers are below 2k raider population, so there are plenty of healthy realms to play on.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-12-28 at 11:24 AM.

doesn't have to be popular for me to have great time
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Earthfury's a medium pop with 4.6k players according to https://ironforge.pro/servers/?locale=US. Thats higher pop than any high servers in vanilla. There are tons of realms to pick from. (and thats just counting active raiders)

Only 9 out of the 39 servers are below 2k raider population, so there are plenty of healthy realms to play on.
    True, Im just very, very, very BIASED toward only wanting to play on the true high pop realms. I even migrated on classic, granted I just buy all shit with gold tokens, so no worry, but for me wow is best when the realm is packed.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Sure Classic is popular, but only if you're into raiding. On the Skeram server, Horde side, it is 7:30pm EST on a Sunday. Here are some numbers for you:

26 people in BG's (all 3 combined)

16 people in low level dungeons NOT counting level 60s.
    11 of those 16 are in Mara probably getting boosted.
    I counted RFC, WC, SFK, BFD, Gnomer, RFK, SMx4, RFD, Uldaman, ZF, Mara, and ST.
    (edit... I should note that the only dungeons with people in them were sfk, SM, ZF and Mara. 4 low level dungeons only)

As for low level players out in the world I counted up everyone who is levels 2-59. I didn't count 1's because they may or may not be for leveling purposes.
    43 2-10
    40 11-20
    58 21-30
    43 31-40
    49 41-50
    59 51-59
    But 72 of these players 2-59 are currently in cities bringing us to a total of 220 players who are out in the world, not in dungeons, not in cities, and not level 60.
    Divided by the number of zones that players level in, it's not very many. Very few people quest, and no one runs low level dungeons. Pre-60 is a barren wasteland.
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2020-12-29 at 02:54 AM.

Absolutely loved classic, but quit late november. The game pretty much ran it's course sadly. You can still have fun in it I'm sure, but it's nowhere near as alive as even 2 months ago.

The rp server I am on is going fine, I can usually find a aq group or pugs to what not. Played it the other night and run a aq40 pug finally. Still fun but everything in classic is a long long grind most don’t bother with.

It's the case for most servers and it's quite sad. I don't quite understand the people who are asking Blizzard to create new servers, if anything they should merge the ones they have.
    I didn't get the people that asked for new servers at first either, but for me this was back in the private server days. It's not a bad thing though, as the new servers are often insanely popular, the leveling process is more interesting because it's a race to 60 while also engaging in a lot of world pvp. For many people it's a chance to try a new class they are interested in, and not be behind the curve.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't noticed any big shift downwards. There's definitely been a reduction of players from Shadowlands coming out and some people switching over, and some guilds are breaking up because of naxx, but my server is still ridiculously populated. It's nice not having to worry about a queue when you log in at last.

actually been leveling a warlock on a relatively small Oceanic server for TBC. There seems to a wave of like-minded people iv'e seen multiple TBC "guilds/communities" popping up and see lots of people in every zone iv'e been too so far and dungeons have been pretty easy to get going. Whether or not its "dumb" because we still have no official word on how the transition will be to TBC I still think having a 60 on classic is the "smart" play.

There is probably like 10-20% of the original Classic population playing actively anymore. One has to be near blind not to notice the huge decline in player count. Kind of expected too, considering huge amount of Classic players left for Shadowlands, or just got bored of farming Naxxramas pointlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    There is probably like 10-20% of the original Classic population playing actively anymore. One has to be near blind not to notice the huge decline in player count. Kind of expected too, considering huge amount of Classic players left for Shadowlands, or just got bored of farming Naxxramas pointlessly.
    6787 guilds have cleared Naxx from what I'm seeing.

Molten Core was 30308
    Blackwing Lair was around 33K

10+ Year Old Account
    As i see my discord servers still rading everyday. Im on SL atm. I wish to do Naxx run in future but already im sucked much into SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post

Molten Core was 30308
    Yeah, that's due to huge difficulty increase from MC/BWL/AQ40 and also subscriber numbers that are just plummeting. Seems pointless to keep farming Naxxramas when almost all the gear gets replaced during leveling in TBC. I know plenty of people are saying they don't even want TBC and want to keep playing Vanilla Classic forever, but personally I see absolutely no appeal in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post

Molten Core was 30308
    You sure that was 30k guilds in MC? Or do you count all the countless MC pugs?

Vanilla servers was what we wanted so many years. I m sure people take a break for retail and they will play again classic after they get bored with retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    Yeah, that's due to huge difficulty increase from MC/BWL/AQ40 and also subscriber numbers that are just plummeting. Seems pointless to keep farming Naxxramas when almost all the gear gets replaced during leveling in TBC. I know plenty of people are saying they don't even want TBC and want to keep playing Vanilla Classic forever, but personally I see absolutely no appeal in that.
    You not replacing much Naxx gear while levelling, some bits are even good for your pre-raid set, Naxx has some great item, even the weapons are comparable with level70 HC dungeon blues.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4