Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    ...... only to leave hundreds of thousands (myself included) without cell service for days, and the ability to call 911. My internet just went back, but I’m still without cell service.

He/she may not have killed anyone directly with the bomb, but people may have died when they had emergencies and couldn’t get help, like the elderly, that often live secluded lives.

So, yeah, thanks for being so “kind” with the loud speaker
    What concerns me about this is it shows how fragile our infrastructure is.

Real life version of:

...... only to leave hundreds of thousands (myself included) without cell service for days, and the ability to call 911. My internet just went back, but I’m still without cell service.

He/she may not have killed anyone directly with the bomb, but people may have died when they had emergencies and couldn’t get help, like the elderly, that often live secluded lives.

So, yeah, thanks for being so “kind” with the loud speaker
    I wasn't singing their praises...just pointing out that they aren't amateurs.

God forbid if I had a house fire or anything. I wouldn’t have been able to call 911, and my neighbors wouldn’t have been able to either. Majority of the people in this area use AT&T because their coverage is the best here.
    This is why I suggest having a basic Facebook account that is linked to your local authorities pages. Bedford County has been spamming theirs like mad with an alternate number to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    This is why I suggest having a basic Facebook account that is linked to your local authorities pages. Bedford County has been spamming theirs like mad with an alternate number to use.
    Some people didnt even have the means to connect to the internet. not many knew comcast Xfinity was allowing people to use their wifi for free, just had to make a login and renew every 2 hours. I work for the State of TN and we were told to not enter any State buildings in Davidson County until all buildings have been checked.

5+ Year Old Account
    A 5G nutter? Geez...well, it is 2020, anything is possible..

Didn’t have internet or phone to check for/call an alternate number.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to connecting to one; didn’t work.
    If you have all of your services through one company this is why it's a bad idea. We lost net but have cell service through another company.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    More people should invest in amateur radio licenses. In the event of emergencies ham radio operators are fully willing to help with emergency communications (they coordinated communications on 9/11 when the towers fell). Most repeaters have backup power supplies in case of power outages. So people would still be able to communicate with a simple hand held radio. Even if repeaters go down you can still communicate via simplex.
    Last edited by the game; 2020-12-28 at 05:01 AM.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Wow... so the extreme right keeps getting people killed with their lies? Shocker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    His name is Anthony Quinn Warner.
    Really?

Anthony Quinn Warner.

ha
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

What a way to go, atleast he was kind enough to play some music and to warn people.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-12-28 at 01:07 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Nobody gonna talk about the fact that the guy built in an evac warning, a 3 minutes warning, and music into his bomb setup?

I don't remember this kind of setup being used ever. He was pretty clearly only targeting the infrastructure and didn't want to injure people.

Sure he did. He knocked out cell services for hundreds of thousands of people, including emergency services. You don’t think anyone needed 911 in the 4 days that we couldn’t use our phones? My cell service just today went back up, but I’m still unable to make any 800 calls, and our local hospital is still unreachable.
    Our infrastructure is pretty shitty.
    I recall thinking that if terrorists blew up a couple of major highways it would cripple the northeastern US.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bomber was identified as Anthony Quinn Warner. He died in the blast.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/27/us/na...now/index.html
    Given that he also blared Petula Clark's "Downtown," and was described as a loner "homebody" according to neighbors and such. IDK this is looking more like a wild suicide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Nobody gonna talk about the fact that the guy built in an evac warning, a 3 minutes warning, and music into his bomb setup?

I don't remember this kind of setup being used ever. He was pretty clearly only targeting the infrastructure and didn't want to injure people.
    Given the melancholy song, and the warnings, I think people are ascribing a motive where one isn't there. This so far just looks like one headline grabbing suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Given that he also blared Petula Clark's "Downtown," and was described as a loner "homebody" according to neighbors and such. IDK this is looking more like a wild suicide.

- - - Updated - - -

Given the melancholy song, and the warnings, I think people are ascribing a motive where one isn't there. This so far just looks like one headline grabbing suicide.
    Except, he built a big bomb, and deliberately sought to do extensive property damage.

He could have blown himself up anywhere, but he dragged his loser ass into downtown, made a spectacle of it, and then blew up other people's shit in the process.

Most people planning a suicide don't go to such lengths to acquire the means to do it. For those who are suicidal, when they do harm others in the act,it is almost always because of a personal avarice toward that person, or group of people. He deli erately endangered the lives of complete strangers in order to blow that RV up in that spot.

Because of that warning, he clearly wanted to limit casualties, but didn't care about eliminating the risk... or he would have done it elsewhere. Yes, that means he decided to risk the lives of others in order do it right there. He fired off the rounds (or a recording of them) in order to get the police there. The warning lasted longer than the time limit it was repeating, so that means the bomb was likely not on a timer, and he was alive when it went off.

It looks like it's just another Trumpster terrorist.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-12-28 at 07:35 PM.

Imagine killing yourself over 5G towers. He could have just bought some shungite and put them around la casa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

You don't build an enormous bomb and drive it into a downtown area to detonate it because you want to commit suicide.

You do it because you want to either kill people or cause targeted property damage. We can scratch off the first in this case, because of the warnings he broadcast, but that still leaves us with the second.

Even if he wanted to kill himself by bomb, if all he wanted was to die, he could've drive to any open field outside the city and harmed nobody but himself. So clearly, that's not the actual motive behind the bombing.

Sure he did. He knocked out cell services for hundreds of thousands of people, including emergency services. You don’t think anyone needed 911 in the 4 days that we couldn’t use our phones?

My cell service just today went back up, but I’m still unable to make any 800 calls, and our local hospital is still unreachable.
    And that's just one targeted bomb. I hope you're as angry at ATnT.

I'm not defending the guy in any way, but seriously he showed all of you how weak your infrastructure is.

Time to pull out Grandpa's radio

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    You know Trump's team went all the way fighting China to bring 5G infrastructure to US? Feck him and all politicians though, just saying you are inaccurate here.
    There are pictures of him in a MAGA hat.

So, apparently Trump dumbass follower and peddler of conspiracy theories, Lin Wood is claiming it wasn't a bombing but a missile strike.

https://www.rawstory.com/nashville-b...racy-theories/

This is why people like this shouldn't be listened to.