Quote Originally Posted by Healzerbot View Post
    Does anyone know the addon that shows cool downs and stuff like interrupts next to people's ui?
    Would be a bit easier to answer with a screen shot, or a better description. There are hundreds of addons that can do what you just asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Just switched from KUI to Plater and everytime I reload it keeps toggling the Blizzard "Show Friendly Players" nameplates. Anyone know which setting in Plater is doing this?

[...]
    Check the options under the "Auto" tab in Plater.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    Would be a bit easier to answer with a screen shot, or a better description. There are hundreds of addons that can do what you just asked.
    I have a picture saved but can't upload, I only have the option to link via url.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the addon with the CD's next to the unit frames.

https://ibb.co/Dzrzs5z

Hello Guys,

I'm new here and I hope I'm at the right place. I have a question regarding Bartender 4.
    I have a few bars with my commands on it. I always liked placing one bar kind of in the middle of the screen for a few damage over time/debuffs spells.
    What I want to do now, is: I want that bar to ONLY show when I click on an enemy. Not when I attack it, not when it's attacking be, but when I simply mark an enemy. Once I killed that enemy or click on the ground that bar should disappear. Is there a way to pull it off?

I have a picture saved but can't upload, I only have the option to link via url.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a weakaura made by Nnoggie called ZT Nnoggies Party CD front end. But bad news! He made all his weakauras private and can no longer get them unless you pay him on patreon.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkiiro View Post
    Hello Guys,

I'm new here and I hope I'm at the right place. I have a question regarding Bartender 4.
    I have a few bars with my commands on it. I always liked placing one bar kind of in the middle of the screen for a few damage over time/debuffs spells.
    What I want to do now, is: I want that bar to ONLY show when I click on an enemy. Not when I attack it, not when it's attacking be, but when I simply mark an enemy. Once I killed that enemy or click on the ground that bar should disappear. Is there a way to pull it off?
    In the bartender settings for that bar go to the Visibility tab and check the box for "Use Custom Condition" then put this in the box
    Code:
    [harm] show; hide

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    That is a weakaura made by Nnoggie called ZT Nnoggies Party CD front end. But bad news! He made all his weakauras private and can no longer get them unless you pay him on patreon.
    Ah, I guess not getting world first set him back financially.

*Insert I won't financially recover from this meme.

Elvui

I used to raid on resto shaman a few expansions ago and used a custom tag on my raid frames to show how many nearby allies are within X range as to not waste Chain Heals. I'm getting back into my resto shaman but can't seem to figure out what the tag is.

Any help toward this is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Elvui

I used to raid on resto shaman a few expansions ago and used a custom tag on my raid frames to show how many nearby allies are within X range as to not waste Chain Heals. I'm getting back into my resto shaman but can't seem to figure out what the tag is.

Any help toward this is much appreciated.
    Not sure about ElvUI, but i used to use Weak Aura for that matter in BfA.
    This WA does following:

Always displayed in a group.
    Checks for 3 harmed allies in 20y range. -- max number of targets for Chain Heal.

If true - icon will be collored.
    If false - icon will be desaturated (black and gray).

Code:
    !WA:2!DI1tVTTrw811Oia6qrITrqkWEyGlAS8U2cXoObffjzHKTCSxyl7qjxNfnfsdjFuCQPgsmZqjRCB1PEwFbwS6JGpT7v)jGWOy)aKd7LElFc6Bgs9hABLGwcyXHZ8M3F)9EZB8c7TuNLCxY9NFQimwfW4G44tBC4b1QoI5eYRhglCG)8F6AASYpuCCKIfYLfU0LjJcO9BaxOw9RDg5elvHD0Ff9mVyUJMQIRxGGpcqfl4eASG2e4DljO82GJp4CUtymxva4UfWhr)J98KGAHlPChusNeY4k7DQwRrvRRDcddCd7XR3JfbTUA8NvDBd(cQrAYNzjvuHQqfgNPky7HVK(fgOeS2TbH8lESiB4)RIQFeyNQYxM(QPzkKbQy54P8zUGLI1bCTGUaQm7d0aL)7LX2MVpraESlSQFs1dp8Q09uxrDoxg9VUHlG5r4HQPUGaQurcf3yINtEfOAGYR46KnjBru(a3SD9tEsFXusNqXNYpRPr7RX)QeJUiBD8dedKrqqWbUYcwCAhaFz2JDCKlvbjRCX9(1Bynt)zZnj1I7ydcsOhHX)Pyb4sWGqBqjXVjgvGydEHcWOyKESGaI0pSNEzNWaeDviN5LU7MkFbGKf4IM6tZjXZqVI21q4ZvYUIWijk2aumkFMmJ0nmBBQA4csmClqRKu046AlG(RNxDqhxkO5gAuo3WD4YrIUZPXGE(ixMvDmpOpreZ1qfMAnT2JM5lruGeWSqxIKXDaJbyaaAyjPhO9WJryZcEUlr)YBcPUn2kN(FBe2KbO0oqEa)vyfJiuE54AocNd3nasuepz(7ki0HgGreuc6utK4IArArzUOePOhznboET11U0IZQnM1IWkb9xB95Z)n3ChJDIMsAEGgvgJrxBGyupeprLKUmQDaKHSUbd2fRq1ofGjbuGiqcdI2GdnwcACjT359OcxIlZZdeGoaAdQE6iRr)mQQ2kiNEWUYCChvRtXC00kofxlvfrJ95Zm9r0lMzLBfe(e((5U0FDRCSrxY4J4fpqbMmOWUOl0eUiDaD2MCdskscvmMiTuWgKo0ZbIeZw1tJoaCGUYOgxNAjMKuE2wztZT1UkmfqaDWkVPri9YYWs5uiSsdHHw3wBGWxS2KbuCuQcHyd3WB5IU1ePipgc10fVEb5mGEEz0zjlzqmMPlobywQeBdY2pzdYQp)fRU(NM7zhfOJIhi1)EdwnnGMAXPAXDgCVt(FBWZS8)2aO8Rox5mxz9hgLr263NGUjo8UM7JIvrVYC1Mx(IpYjq3PtzkQqaT1TF8dtyaZ9hZMSKUdQVRoO2DYrnUf9Obsy9Fp5yLd6r7lZo2e5iPNpdlkX4PjC5OoRlaLigUBwowwJFpZp4utAUPESh2CZLn3PC9gnR3OSvJrUGnozdeRi2V6HNS3PhoCYXJpmzLO)Z0(eYZy0ZxCUUEmH9ji9p)JFMBUyWFCFV2TSEEZhhe9aDlKDHgPI9OqxyXpGDFccon47Xkhi7E9hohGOYyZsoklkALTgkHaptxQjfgnTxc)OhG9gJfQuqtrOstkFHkEHCv093tWEh51XuxKqkPrdr3uM)5Jq3UvQT8x(5vIwsHns3u6tXMCFtwBXrFPzsZpyvUouKGSbv4HCy4KLx9RLr3FgoSd2ML4VVWclS47tNDSExP8PnooAzZKy79HiRyoNXCv(vkJF(HuzXUaCnt(pVoTZ8)rMgDLz9FcB8L51h9bgRf03bOsTJRvnzzbAvAAgzi0XOglIpdZmc0LSYr9fmQlzhShhGlXc9Nb25S)Xs7AZC9cfUNjOrdolBW1t4Lgyo6OJRD8o7BD8rvZCbZCzIKctjUo7DW3KzpVjN90Ljz4r(T8swEiQ)2OCaXLPVAkXT95xL9rQbT)F7)(LMNBpyX3Nr5yEoMnaEVfXwKtqxBW1zZfMQe24PLT9v)GDQ3SvLGqQ7)xOObys52p0QtCGIvyi2HrtoMOk8Ttx6X2yhITdGVk5Tp8RAz5GDjkFCst767x(OY1sEBbbUSUAXd1J9sVZKE8iD3jmhKT91FwbVofygOH6ihUhoEyu3OuXOxXiCJaAnqputyRkIWGS9H(i9Gbt8ZdMKhmy8n38hFbYdWS0h9zlFUDhMqek83owe8zJstH1r0k604HuoRJHdpl5l2lz5KV9kGkH6kSPQ2k)7DTRo1dx2CnorAlZYbAA08i5BR0HY4FVEJjxG)fFp7iSYcOgrdI8PNeJvKt6M0l5(ZstY7gidW7aQcJ0loeJGCxDXHTlV7U2Oi8yTXBlnbw)Hu40Ec8AuAXAxFhRQvRzzKXIcn6cBLj6b11x4s(2YNAv260AvBUJ4IX54Rm2)OZI2Lj1nF66xrNC2AKk0jREXJwO5WvzUr3FFQOdjTfbtZj2sOdsJ1wLEsPTU0tRjOtcl2SOvpDk8)UY7cd7SW2Xm3lF1B2(1Bh9QJSB0gXgAod(jYwJ0(ow2T8z80kmASs0JyT54f5Y(xauvFkrvDmt2sKveOYHv3RXssRNwARsFZsD)L38B

Being that all shamans covenant abilities have friendly/enemy mode you can easily refit this WA to fit your needs.
    Number of targets can be changed under Trigger - Custom trigger:
    Code:
    aura_env.target_threshold = 3
    and
    Code:
    aura_env.untrigger_threshold = 3

Range can be changed under Trigger - Custom Trigger:
    Code:
    local inRange = WeakAuras.CheckRange(grouptype..i, 20, "<=")
    also, be sure to change load dependency under "Load" since i have it set for Shaman - Resto only.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2021-01-01 at 05:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I guess not getting world first set him back financially.

*Insert I won't financially recover from this meme.
    After backlash, he has reverted it to being free again.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another WA question:

Is it possible to create a progress bar for a cooldown such that the bar remains full until 20 seconds of cooldown remaining, then depletes the usual way from 20 to 0?

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Another WA question:

Is it possible to create a progress bar for a cooldown such that the bar remains full until 20 seconds of cooldown remaining, then depletes the usual way from 20 to 0?
    Well, you can do something like this:
    1. Make one texture bar that is active for CD > 20sec. and Make a second progress bar that replaces that bar when CD <= 20sec.

There are probably more "elegant" solutions to this via LUA, this is just newbies resolution to what you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    1. Make one texture bar that is active for CD > 20sec. and Make a second progress bar that replaces that bar when CD <= 20sec.

There are probably more "elegant" solutions to this via LUA, this is just newbies resolution to what you need.
    Thanks, but I couldn't get that to work the way I wanted. Say, I want to track the final 20 seconds of a 3 min cooldown. Now when I define the latter bar to appear when CD <= 20 sec, the bar isn't completely filled when it appears -- as I would like -- but, instead, WA displays a full 3-min bar with the last 20 secs filled (i.e. only 11% of the bar is filled).

- - - Updated - - -

https://wago.io/r14U746B7 and https://wago.io/M3N3WBg0D

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post

Lol, basically yes.

Create a bar that tracks said CD, but set min/max values to 0 and 20 respectively. If you do this, if the value is > max then the bar just stays full, and starts depleting when the values goes below 20.

It's not elegant, it's literally basic functionality.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I really like the nameplates they're using in the awc cast. Does anyone know of something that looks like this? I assume it isn't an addon but something they have just for this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    Anyone knows the name of the unit frame texture? Its from Caith UI

I know one is CathUI (least I believe it), possibly the other as well.

Is it possible to send trade messages in recurrent timer? Below is my code (well atleast important part) and it seems that `SendChatMessage(msg, "CHANNEL", nil, channelId);` generates an error if setup for trade. It works with officer chat for example.

I also tried with `wowlua` addon (skipping the timer part) and it worked for trade channel.

So I wonder if trade is protected from timers for spam purposes.

The error message is below code.

Code:
    function timerRepeatRecruitMessage()
    	local tickSeconds = 5*60;
    	local channelId, channelName = GetChannelName("Trade");	
    	local msg = GetMacroBody("GUILD");

if (not isNullOrWhitespace(msg)) then
    		msg = strsub(msg, 4); -- remove `/2 `
    	end

if myaddon.recruitTimer == nil then
    		myaddon.recruitTimer = C_Timer.NewTicker(tickSeconds, timerRepeatRecruitMessage, nil);
    	end

if myaddon.recruitNext == nil or time() >= myaddon.recruitNext then

print('== SEND');

SendChatMessage(msg, "CHANNEL", nil, channelId);
    		end
    		myaddon.recruitNext = time() + tickSeconds;
    	end
    end
    Code:
    4x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn 'MyAddon' tried to call the protected function 'UNKNOWN()'.
    [string "@!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua"]:519: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:519>
    [string "=[C]"]: ?
    [string "=[C]"]: in function `SendChatMessage'
    [string "@MyAddon\MyAddon-v1.0.0.lua"]:189: in function <MyAddon\MyAddon.lua:160>
    [string "@SharedXML\C_TimerAugment.lua"]:16: in function <SharedXML\C_TimerAugment.lua:14>

Quote Originally Posted by tariel36 View Post
    Is it possible to send trade messages in recurrent timer? Below is my code (well atleast important part) and it seems that `SendChatMessage(msg, "CHANNEL", nil, channelId);` generates an error if setup for trade. It works with officer chat for example.

I also tried with `wowlua` addon (skipping the timer part) and it worked for trade channel.

So I wonder if trade is protected from timers for spam purposes.

The error message is below code.

Code:
    function timerRepeatRecruitMessage()
    	local tickSeconds = 5*60;
    	local channelId, channelName = GetChannelName("Trade");	
    	local msg = GetMacroBody("GUILD");

msg = strsub(msg, 4); -- remove `/2 `
    	end

if myaddon.recruitTimer == nil then
    		myaddon.recruitTimer = C_Timer.NewTicker(tickSeconds, timerRepeatRecruitMessage, nil);
    	end

if myaddon.recruitNext == nil or time() >= myaddon.recruitNext then

print('== SEND');

SendChatMessage(msg, "CHANNEL", nil, channelId);
    		end
    		myaddon.recruitNext = time() + tickSeconds;
    	end
    end
    Code:
    4x [ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED] AddOn 'MyAddon' tried to call the protected function 'UNKNOWN()'.
    [string "@!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua"]:519: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:519>
    [string "=[C]"]: ?
    [string "=[C]"]: in function `SendChatMessage'
    [string "@MyAddon\MyAddon-v1.0.0.lua"]:189: in function <MyAddon\MyAddon.lua:160>
    [string "@SharedXML\C_TimerAugment.lua"]:16: in function <SharedXML\C_TimerAugment.lua:14>
    SendChatMessage is hardware protected when using CHANNEL, as well as SAY when not in an instance. Hardware protected means an add-on can setup something for you to click or use a key to then post the message, but the add-on cannot post it by itself.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    SendChatMessage is hardware protected when using CHANNEL, as well as SAY when not in an instance. Hardware protected means an add-on can setup something for you to click or use a key to then post the message, but the add-on cannot post it by itself.
    That explains a lot, thank you very much.