Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Yup. A lot of the people that whine about the casual nature of WoW forget that. EQ and the other predecessors to WoW weren't fucking around. lol.
    Even earlier today people were complaining about the lower loot drops in raids, even going so far as to say that raiding wasn't content anymore since they "only" got 3 pieces of loot in a 20 man raid per boss.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Im that old that i remeber when WoW had fun stuff to do in form of farming badges/VP by doing easy content - it also had 10 mln subs then

but then raiders whine and we have one failed expansion after another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Part of what made WoW so popular was that it WAS more casual than the dominant MMOs of the time. Also Vivendi micromanaged them way more than Activision does.
    yup

sadly under direction of raider Ion this is no longer allowed.

you will raid and do nothing else.

and you will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Im that old that i remeber when WoW had fun stuff to do in form of farming badges/VP by doing easy content - it also had 10 mln subs then

- - - Updated - - -

yup

and you will like it.
    Um... wut? We have multiple raid difficulties so raiding isn't limited to the best or the ones with the most time to dump. We get good rewards from WQs, world bosses, and calling. There's M+ and all it comes with. This is so out of reach I don't even. And what makes it even more amusing I've seen several threads today crying that with the loot drop reductions raiding is dead and there is literally nothing left worth doing.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Im so old I remember when my Tauren was not allowed to ride mounts. Only run faster

aaah, Thottbot! the website that taught me programming)
    you just google what you wanna do, find someone else's solution and execute (i mean copy/paste lol)
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

I remember when WoW actually had a friendly community. People loved to play the game, they enjoyed it.

Now it's toxic af. People now only care about rushing, free loot, gimme this, gimme that, people cry in the forums how bad the game is etc.
    Shadowlands is still a good game, I like it. But the community and the 'good vibes' of the game has gone to shit, mostly.

Shamans were tanky.

Either earth shock or frost shock had a threat generation component, I don't remember which one any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    Shamans were tanky.

Either earth shock or frost shock had a threat generation component, I don't remember which one any more.
    Think it was earth shock. Warrior's 31pt prot talent was shield discipline which was just a glorified shield block iirc.

Tauren's plainsrunning was pulled out just before release, and was in some beta only? At least the original manual listed it, and I thought it must look very, very strange. Well, kodos it was then after all..

Human priests had Feedback, the ultimate melee mana burn wtf uselessness that just confused new players. But hey, at least you got an epic glow.

Oh, and likely said many times already, but the ultimate skill of all times; swirly ball!
    Last edited by ifrah; 2020-12-28 at 12:21 PM.

I remember I had to buy arrows for my quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzzaa View Post
    Shamans were tanky.

Earth Shock did. And Rockbiter weapon also improved your threat.

Aight here comes the fun stuff.

PVP Arena

I miss the time where the game was about very few mistakes rather than where you just spam and spam, i'm talkin about Wrath of the Lich King expansion where as an elemental shaman, getting a lava burst out would had meant certain death in pvp, or where a disc priest can fully heal someone with 1 penance. As in health bars and numbers are so close to each other that it is important to look at who does what rather than todays spamming a healer til he is oom b.s. gameplay which is boring and pushing me away from doing any other pvp content.

PVP Backgrounds

I miss the concept of levitiate that could clip walls so in WSG you could carry flag to the top of tower and then hold the flag entire match, sure this was unfair but doesn't stop it from being fun.

Old Content Go through walls

I still know all the special positions in ironforge and stormwind where you can clip through walls and just fall down to the old buildings that blizzard created but never did anything with it, and just left it there. I can tell you one fun thing is that I once helped a friend out so I was on his account, i destroyed his healthstone and everything, dropped him near lava so he was stuck there . This was an amazing prank. Today all these wall clips and visiting places you shouldn't isn't impossible the moment you clip you dc.

Old Days PvE

When locks had a chaos bolt, when ele shamans had their lava burst. When balance druids had their full moons.
    Today we still got them, they do great dmg, well druids is locked behind convoke unless you pick talent to be useless in pve. I just talk about the old feel where you get it off and see huge numbers. That imo is missing todays in PvE the ability to just do sick damage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I remember when the lore had consistency and didn't play out like a terribly written fan-fiction.
    Oh yes, good old times

I remember when Blizzard previewed the first PVP honor sets with an extra website, where you could watch how all the classic honor sets looked. I was so excited getting the PVP set for my Warrior in classic and also having to grind for my first EPIC mount in Alterac.

I also remember when Silithus was just a plain area without anything there and I also remember that Blizzard introduced pvp outposts in Silithus and Plaguelands which you could conquer for World Pvp.

I also remember alliance players being able to mind-control Saurfang to destroy Orgrimmar, therefore creating the Chuck Norris/Saurfang Memes.

I am still a bit salty that they made Saurfang such an important character in the story and killed him off. For me he always was just this meme-character which was loved by the community because of the ability to mind control him and kill off horde players without being able to kill him. It felt like he was a fan-favorite side-character until Blizzard made him a main focus of the story and killed him off. I am kinda salty that Blizzard killed off Saurfang, because this seemed to be one of the characters who became popular because the community made him popular instead of Blizzard.
    Last edited by TheTaurenChieftain; 2020-12-28 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so old, I remember Starcraft, Warcraft, Warcraft II, and Warcraft III, long before WoW.

I remember leveling in the old world, and dying often to bears in Darkshore, just outside of Auberdine. I remember picking up quests far, far above my level because that was all there was to pick up. I remember accidentally attacking a ?? horde character in Auberdine at level 11 or 12, not realizing what ?? meant.

I remember attunements, spell reagents, slow and epic mounts (though, by the time I started, 20 was slow and 40 was fast). I remember mana conservation issues, threat management, and blood DK dps.

It's been a really fun ride, I've loved playing WoW through all of the changes of the past 11 years since I started.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the first time the big Fel Reaver started shaking my world in Outland, and was like wtf is happening.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

its a video game, it's all pointless in the end.

Nelves and Tauren being the only druids, and running the length of darkshore back and forth doing quests in cat form. Also the OG cat and bear forms looking more feral, miss those.

Having a quiver and having to buy ammo for hunters, then running out of ammo mid fight, hunters also having mana

Having to stock up on countless soulshards as warlock to summon people into Kara and SSC runs.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    I remember the first time the big Fel Reaver started shaking my world in Outland, and was like wtf is happening.
    I remember kiting a Fel Reaver into the Lower City in Shattrath and seeing the Lower City being completely destroyed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

- - - Updated - - -

yup

and you will like it.
    THis is completely and utterly false. There is a LOT of things you can do that aren't raiding. Also every expansion has been profitable, so none of them have ever failed.

I remember when guilds had forums instead of discord
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

My warrior could get his drivers permit.