Page 16 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Sylvanas is basically not present in this expansion thus far.
    my favorite part is how he says "overabundance of sylvanas"... but hasnt played the expac.

I think it's great as someone who likes to play a lot of alts and am very casual nowadays. Reminds me of the pre Borrowed Power era of alt friendliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Actually i regret buying a 3 month sub for this expansion.

As a casual player it isn't really very good. I was looking forward to Torghast because i love roguelikes (1700 hours in BOI) but it's overly gear dependent and not rewarding in any way.

I've done normals and heroics and now i have basically nothing left to do than to level alts. Disappointing.
    you aren't alone. I got the epic edition with 1 month of play. I had like 2 weeks prior of sub so now I still have 30 days left on sub and don't feel motivated to play anymore . Guess im burned out or outgrew wow not sure. Just the carrot on a stick isnt doing it for me. I barely played like 4-5 months out of all of BFA ( 1 month at a time) quit for a while then come back. Didn't expect to feel this way that soon in SL either since I actually waited 3 weeks and bought SL just 16 days ago...Playing 3hrs a day the last week and got my renown to 15/legendary /heroic dungeons/ got to experience what I want but I realize the big time investment even at 20hrs a week im only like 175 ilvl. So all those people at 200+ ilvl must be playing 5-6hrs+ a day which is something I don't want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dude you are trying to counter facts with your feelings.

MoP was ok expansion but suffered similar problems to SL, nothing to do. For prolonged period of time.
    SL actually has "stuff to do" but none of that really matters. You don't feel like progressing to some goal.
    As oposed to MoP that had very little stuff to do but at least it mattered to some extent.
    also this. I don't feel like doing anything in SL is relevant.
    Wasn't MoP the era of "too many dailies stop making more dailies we all hate dailies" that led to the true nothing to do in the world of WoD?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

+ less chores
    + covenants worked out better than expected
    +++ weekly box overhaul

- torghast doesn't live up to expectations.
    - no mount in maw is just dumb for no good reason.
    --- 2nd expansion in a row where major expansion features are dead on arrival. -
    - season 1 m+ affix is too punishing if you don't plan a route, won't be good for the tank population.
    - no anima in weekly box, too little anima from raids/m+.
    -- second expansion in a row where you can't fly between all zones without using a boat/flightmaster.

all in all, its yet another expansion that won't be good till the .2 patch.

After absolutely loving classic for over a year, I tried SL when my sub ran out. Leveled some to 20 and I just don't like playing retail wow, it's 100% a different game than what Wow used to be. And from what I see on streams and read on forums, Shadowlands is nothing more than filling your various random borrowed powers, doing chores so you don't fall behind and then either do mythic dungeons and raids or just quit.

I think if Blizzard ever wants Wow to be Wow again they need to create server communities again and let people play at their own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Wasn't MoP the era of "too many dailies stop making more dailies we all hate dailies" that led to the true nothing to do in the world of WoD?
    Just the first 2 months or so. There wasn't any real continuation in next patches. Sure new reps were added but they were mostly optional except for cloak.
    https://www.wowhead.com/guide=1262/m...on-quick-facts
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

15+ Year Old Account
    MoP was ok expansion but suffered similar problems to SL, nothing to do. For prolonged period of time.
    Wasn't the number one complaint of MoP that players were forced to do too many things? In particular too many daily quests with too many meaningful rewards tied to reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    doing chores so you don't fall behind and then either do mythic dungeons and raids or just quit.
    Classic has more chores and way less content in breadth (in Classic it's pretty much just raid, dungeons, farming or level new alts with *not even the option* of doing anything else).

I think if Blizzard ever wants Wow to be Wow again they need to create server communities again and let people play at their own pace.
    a) Server communities: I get that some players prefer the added social "benefit" of having to assemble a group for any dungeon manually, which is probably what you mean here, because for raids, there's pretty much no difference except if all you do is raid LFR, which is questionable to begin with... if you are raiding you should AT LEAST raid on Normal difficulty, for which you need a pre-made or guild group, meaning it's no different than a Classic raid (except that you need less players).
    But even for dungeons, it doesn't matter so much because when you try to do higher difficulties like mid- to high M+ keys, you also need a pre-made group. The option of having a fully random group only exists for Heroic dungeons and below, which become irrelevant very fast (more hardcore players only visit the Heroic dungeons within the first week after first reaching max level, and then never again with that character).
    Also, manually assembling groups for even trivial levelling dungeons has the huge drawback of requiring a lot of time, and this despite the fact that players do get older and have less time available for the game.

b) "Play at their own pace": Blizzard lets you do that. You or other players within your in-game social circle are the only ones that might require you to speed up or down, depending on what you're doing and with whom. There is no built-in mechanic in the game that requires you to be fast in end-game. And it's not different in Classic either, if you want to participate in the latest Classic raids then you need your characters to be geared and have tons of Consumables ready, which all requires time and effort, just like in Retail. In Retail, there's less need for Consumables, but on the other hand, more need to study raid mechanics beforehand, so it kind of evens out with the time investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Wasn't the number one complaint of MoP that players were forced to do too many things? In particular too many daily quests with too many meaningful rewards tied to reputation?
    No, i mean, it was like that at the begining. I remember doing 25+ dailies (well, per day). But once you were past that, it was nothing else for entirety of expansion (with notable exception of cloak that was just timegated).

Complaint was about the sheer amount of quests per day.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

No, i mean, it was like that at the begining. I remember doing 25+ dailies (well, per day). But once you were past that, it was nothing else for entirety of expansion (with notable exception of cloak that was just timegated).

There were like 3-4 factions available at a given time, with 3-4 dailies in their hubs.
    I never even farmed AP via WQs or Islands, but I did the same quests like 200 times, the dailies in MoP were just a minor nuisance compared to bfa/legion.

Just the first 2 months or so. There wasn't any real continuation in next patches. Sure new reps were added but they were mostly optional except for cloak.
    https://www.wowhead.com/guide=1262/m...on-quick-facts
    Well, there was still the necessity of doing Golden Lotus on every alt until revered to unlock Shado-pan and Celestials. Then the 5.1 Dominance Offensive chain and its dailies. Isle of Thunder had a lot of daily content. The Barrens battlefield was a lot of grinding. Then Timeless Isle. Anyone who says MoP didn't have content is on something I think needs to be examined by a professional in a hazmat suit.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Started playing 2 months before TBC released and for me my favorite expansion to date has been Legion, that will take some beating but for now im actually quite liking Shadowlands for the most part. I say most part because theres one part of the expansion im not enjoying at all and that's the Maw zone. The Maw could have been something really special but its a chance missed for me. From the no mount rule, to the mob density in some areas to the jailers eye mechanics. To me its like they brainstormed for months on how to make the most shitty and unenjoyable zone they could and they came up with the Maw and its a blemish on Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Well, there was still the necessity of doing Golden Lotus on every alt until revered to unlock Shado-pan and Celestials. Then the 5.1 Dominance Offensive chain and its dailies. Isle of Thunder had a lot of daily content. The Barrens battlefield was a lot of grinding. Then Timeless Isle. Anyone who says MoP didn't have content is on something I think needs to be examined by a professional in a hazmat suit.
    Alts were (and still are) not mandatory, so that point is kinda pointless. Your anecdotal experience doesn't change facts.
    What you did =/= what was actually rewarding/giving you power/being fun.

So that is exactly the problem SL is facing right now. You can do shitton of stuff but nothing really matters in any way.
    Also calling daily/world quests a "content" is a stretch.

Now let me tell you what real content MoP had:
    Dungeons and Raids
    Brawl'gar arena (one time)
    Challenge modes (one time)
    New story (one time)
    Pet battles ie. celestial tournament (repeatable)
    Scenarios (debatable, quickly got boring, didn't have lots of replayability)
    Some may say timeless isle and it might be true as it was somewhat new concept.

The problem is, the actual content was mostly one time thing that quickly became obsolete.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

the problem with early MoP was very simple and overlooked by many people - hc dungeons/raids werent giving enough VP for weekly cap so people had to do dailies

it was fixed very fast when intances gave more VP .

this is why people were doing so much dailies so early

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the problem with early MoP was very simple and overlooked by many people - hc dungeons/raids werent giving enough VP for weekly cap so people had to do dailies

it was fixed very fast when intances gave more VP .

this is why people were doing so much dailies so early
    Well no matter, people complaining that MoP had too much things to do is really hilarious. It was mostly raid or die expansion. Tho it probably had more raw content than WoD.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Alts were (and still are) not mandatory, so that point is kinda pointless. Your anecdotal experience doesn't change facts.
    What you did =/= what was actually rewarding/giving you power/being fun.

So that is exactly the problem SL is facing right now. You can do shitton of stuff but nothing really matters in any way.
    Also calling daily/world quests a "content" is a stretch.

Now let me tell you what real content MoP had:
    Dungeons and Raids
    Brawl'gar arena (one time)
    Challenge modes (one time)
    New story (one time)
    Pet battles ie. celestial tournament (repeatable)
    Scenarios (debatable, quickly got boring, didn't have lots of replayability)
    Some may say timeless isle and it might be true as it was somewhat new concept.

The problem is, the actual content was mostly one time thing that quickly became obsolete.
    I love how people seem to be able to pick and choose what "real content" is in order to suit their agendas. If they're arguing for things they add more things to the list, if they're arguing against things they remove things from the list. I also find it amusing that you write off dailies and world quests while bringing up pet battles. If you're gonna bring up pet battles then can't forget a tamer in each zone for pet exp daily, the elementals for more experience and upgrade stones, and the beasts of fable legendaries for upgrade stones and rare pets.

To be honest i didn't follow the beta much.
    I thought Torghast would be more akin to roguelikes, with a more skill based than gear based difficulty and i expected to get some loot or cool stuff from there. I think it would be cool to have random generated solo dungeons that one could run for loot (rather than doing WQs or grinding Dungeons).
    But obviously it isn't that.

And with them nerfing all the loot from WQs, if you don't raid or M+ you don't have much to do. I didn't have that problem that fast in BfA or Legion, i mean, it's not even a month after release. And it's funny that you list pet battles because there hasn't been anything new for that for ages. And i have done anything PB related there is to do.
    For me a disappointing expansion.
    So you play and MMO solo and then complain that there's nothing to do ? You really thought Thorghast would be a major part of every day gameplay ?
    I mean WoW is, and always was, about raiding/dungeons/pvp. Thats about it. If you dont like that, why play the game ?

World quest loot was always trash. Apart from things titanforging it was always waaaaay lower than the ilvl you could have gotton in M+/Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeghost View Post
    So you play and MMO solo and then complain that there's nothing to do ? You really thought Thorghast would be a major part of every day gameplay ?
    I mean WoW is, and always was, about raiding/dungeons/pvp. Thats about it. If you dont like that, why play the game ?

World quest loot was always trash. Apart from things titanforging it was always waaaaay lower than the ilvl you could have gotton in M+/Raids.
    I never said i only play solo, i just don't play in organized groups since i can't and won't commit to playing by schedules.
    And i've played WoW since vanilla, i mostly always found something to do (although WoD was bad in this regard, too), it's just this expansion has almost nothing for me.

I never said i only play solo, i just don't play in organized groups since i can't and won't commit to playing by schedules.
    And i've played WoW since vanilla, i mostly always found something to do (although WoD was bad in this regard, too), it's just this expansion has almost nothing for me.
    To play PvP or M+ you dont need to have schedules tho. The fact that World quests/thorghast/maw are pretty useless when it comes to rewards is something i really like. I dont have to give the slightest fuck about them and dont feel forced to do them on a daily basis. For me its a blessing in disguise, but well if thats your content that sucks.
    But again, try doing the vast amounts of content you can find in Dungeons/PvP, i honestly wouldnt know why i would play this game if not atleast for that.