Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Are people still complaining about covenants? After 1 month, it's pretty clear that the big bad balance issues people thought was going to happen never came around, at least not due to covenants.
    What the f..

If you think there is no balance issue, I think you have been only doing wq with wm off and afking in epic bg.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    What the f..

If you think there is no balance issue, I think you have been only doing wq with wm off and afking in epic bg.
    The balance issues aren't from covenants. They've proven to be a big nothing burger. Also, balance really isn't THAT bad. It's just that if anybody is doing more dps than me, than it's "teh worst balance in the game's history!!1111"

The balance issues aren't from covenants. They've proven to be a big nothing burger.
    Oh please do substantiate your claims lmao.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    I am disappointed that all my active characters are night fae :/

I could be others but... the sims!
    Minor differences.. I assume you are one of the1% who strives for mythic? Or else it rraly doesnt matter much..-.-

The balance issues aren't from covenants. They've proven to be a big nothing burger.
    Tons of balance issues with covenants.

For many specs there is only one good covenant choice, others are rubbish.
    Most have two options while other two no one picks outside rp.

20-30% difference is not minor.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

None of my initial opinions on Covs has changed really. Still not really a fan, especially if you want to play multiple specs but double especially if you want to do different types of content. However, i have enjoyed the ability to completely ignore the class hall and world quests since they don't provide character power.

The Maw, m+ reward structure, and general balance are just far more pressing issues right now.
    Last edited by Tyris Flare; 2020-12-28 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Blizzard are and will always be idiots. For a game people keep complaining about lack of stuff to do, they purposely keep locking away swathes of content. How about not making it covenants, but factions with their own niches which makes them relevant and with their unique storylines? Less smart people cant envision outside what we currently have, but no one would complain if thats what we go. In fact, people would likely praise the amount of content we got.
    Nothing to do and here I find myself with not enough time to complete all this nothing in my 18 hours or so of playtime per week. Wish there were much less than nothing so I could fit it all in!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Covenants imoo are very sparse, it does a poor job in keeping players engaged. It needs more stuff to do.

I though they learned from the very short/boring bfa campaigns, but we are back at doing 2 quests a week and done. That is suppose to be the story, but because the story elements are so spread out its hard to stay excited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    None of my initial opinions on Covs has changed really. Still not really a fan, especially if you want to play multiple specs but especially if you want to do different types of content. However, i have enjoyed the ability to completely ignore the class hall and world quests since they don't provide character power.

The Maw, m+ reward structure, and general balance are just far more pressing issues right now.
    Agree, those problems have absolute prio, balance is back being way to bursty for example.. why is that even a thing, when they took alot of time balancing.

Getting 2 shotted in a stun by rogues is still happening for example.. if you dont pop a bubble or disp in 2 sec you are dead. Thats so bad..and this is only the beginning. Just wait till more borrowed powers will be added and will be clueless in balancing it. Meaning nerfing classes and not the borrowed power. Uch the forshadowing is not good.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-12-28 at 04:02 PM.

Covenants were dumb, but clearly a way to pad the lack of content. I'd say it's 100% likely that we'll be tasked with helping a SECOND covenant down the road, probably on a .5 patch. Gotta keep those subs up without actually making new stuff, right?

Of course the usual wannabe Blizzard devs will try to rationalize the decision, but it was purely monetary.

Covenants would have been fine if they had added the abilities as talents that you can theme around your covenant or if they had treated it more like legendary weapons in Legion, you know, just dumping some excess anima into another covenant so you can unlock their stuff. While you can cycle through them, at the end of the day you are bound by all the frustrating gating mechanics of souls and renown to each. While you can catch up renown rather quickly, I can't just switch to my ideal covenant over the weekend and then back to the one I actually want to play on monday thanks to the 2 ID grovel-quest.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Convenants. I enjoy having a storyline to follow along with, and I picked a different one for each toon, not necessarily the best one, but just a different one.

Bad rant, 2/10, would not read again.

I feel at least like 85-90% people I see in raids/dungeon content have the same spec/covenant combinations. Definitely doesn't feel like people have much choice there.

All players are barred from playing 3/4 of their skills. What else do I need to say? "Meaningful choice", I did that when I was rolling a class. Even in Vanilla, you can respec faster. This system is garbage.

As long as I get Abomination Limb built in Baseline next xpac I am totally fine because it just feels Right on my DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Google it kid I am not here to educate you. Please stop posting bullshit though, it hurts my brain.
    Okay boomer, I'm on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You know, every time you reply nonsense to a bad post, you bump it. Well done you.
    Talk about the pot calling the kettle black xD

Very close to final nail in the coffin

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As long as there is some place somewhere were Paladins have reason to use Necrolords, it actually is. Making every Covenant equally strong for everything is impossible and Blizzard knows that, so it wasn't a goal in the first place.
    Except when you can't change covenants when the situation requires it, it has to be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Read it again if you didn't understand.
    Those are exactly what covenants are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puthred View Post
    And somehow they came up with covenants. Why? Just give us soulbinds as a skill tree and let us do whatever we want. It's not like more than 2% of the playerbase are roleplaying about these new "friends" and pledging their services. Weird. I'm pretty sure no one gives a fuck about that one butterfly (I think there are 3 actually) in the Night Fae zone.

I love the expansion so far anyways, but it would be honestly better if it simply didn't exist at all. They wasted time and resources into it. They shouldn't have, in my opinion.
    You really think 2% of the player base are casual? Think more so the other way around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Covenants were dumb, but clearly a way to pad the lack of content. I'd say it's 100% likely that we'll be tasked with helping a SECOND covenant down the road, probably on a .5 patch. Gotta keep those subs up without actually making new stuff, right?

Of course the usual wannabe Blizzard devs will try to rationalize the decision, but it was purely monetary.
    I think you fail to realize covenants existing do the opposite of pad content... They reduce it.

For example if you have 10 quests per convenient people will usually onto experience those 10. Without covenants they coulda made 40.

If they wanted to pad content they would remove faction specific, class specific, race specific, and convenient specific stuff.

Literally how many people play gnomes? And yet they made a questline only for gnomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content