Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    She said the armour was 'Strong enough to take on the whole world' so yeah i was kinda suprised when it got torn to bits in about five seconds.
    She was repeating the legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Joker is a tad different from the others though. It's gritty, realistic and as far as we know right now, not connected to the rest of the DCEU. It's a movie that they decided to connect with a well-known franchise for better spread. It would've worked just as well without a Batman connection...
    And Batman "looking decent" is not a viable contribution to the statistics. I'll wait until I've watched it. It's literally another reboot, no more Batfleck. As far as I've heard, they've got the Joker lined up and he will not be played by Joaquin. I hope that's a smokescreen and that The Batman will be rated R and connected with Joker, but I'm not holding my breath.
    Joaquin's Joker has nothing in common with Batman's Clown Prince of Crime save the name. The entire point of Batman's Joker is anyone can break... for some all it takes is one bad day. Joaquin's Joker is about lifelong mental illness and society's inability to adequately care for it's citizens... a troubled man falling through the cracks... again nothing alike.
    Last edited by Lodreh; 2020-12-29 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    There is way too much wrong with the movie to get into it all.

My biggest issues;
    -Steve taking over someone else and it not being a plot point legitimately made me uncomfortable.
    The odd thing with this is that it doesn't make sense from a filming perspective either. If you couldn't get the original actor back, then maybe you do a "he's in this guys body" to use the new actor while maintaining some cohesion. But, they didn't, they just overrode the guy and filmed with Steve. There was no interaction where someone recognized the guy as the guy instead of Steve, there was no point to it at all. Maybe to get the apartment/ wardrobe? This way they could film him trying on this other guys clothes instead of doing it in a store? Hell, why would this guy have such a wide range of clothing styles anyway?

It's just utterly pointless, really.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The themes of the film were taking short cuts would not bring her happiness or fulfilment and the 80s theme of greed is good, all you need is to want it. The point was to not question the morals until later in the film when she realises she needs to move on and that Steve is gone and she has a higher purpose saving the world than her own happiness and wanting to live quietly with steve
    I got that. Everyone got that. Because it was drawn on the screen with crayons. It doesn't matter what the point was. The thing is, it's a very poorly made point that contradicts itself, it's own mythology, the nature of the character and insults the audience's intelligence in the process.

Bad writing is bad.

If that doesn't matter for you, that's 100% fine. But it matters for a lot of other people, that's why the movie is getting such a mixed reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I got that. Everyone got that. Because it was drawn on the screen with crayons. It doesn't matter what the point was. The thing is, it's a very poorly made point that contradicts itself, it's own mythology, the nature of the character and insults the audience's intelligence in the process.

Bad writing is bad.

If that doesn't matter for you, that's 100% fine. But it matters for a lot of other people, that's why the movie is getting such a mixed reception.
    How does it contradict the mythology?

And for the record I didn't love the film either but I went in expecting a superhero film and that's what I got. I guess you skipped out on tenet to watch this film so you could be a critic on how films are too spoon fed. But the actual movies trying to be intelligent no one goes to see so I really wonder if people curate what they watch or they just watch what is popular/safe and then complain the film didnt do everything they wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    300 humans, not some strong mutant kitty, big difference. You do know this is superhero movie with superpowers
    Either way, the armor and plot point was easily discarded from the movie with no impact. She has this armor, she wears this armor, it is destroyed & discarded quickly, but she fights without it and does fine, so it added nothing of importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The odd thing with this is that it doesn't make sense from a filming perspective either. If you couldn't get the original actor back, then maybe you do a "he's in this guys body" to use the new actor while maintaining some cohesion. But, they didn't, they just overrode the guy and filmed with Steve. There was no interaction where someone recognized the guy as the guy instead of Steve, there was no point to it at all. Maybe to get the apartment/ wardrobe? This way they could film him trying on this other guys clothes instead of doing it in a store? Hell, why would this guy have such a wide range of clothing styles anyway?
    It's just utterly pointless, really.
    Not if Jenkins really likes Pine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Not if Jenkins really likes Pine.
    I'm not against Pine returning to the role, I'm saying the main reason to use a possession plot would be to use a new actor. If you're sticking with the same actor, and he's mostly going to look like himself, what's the value for the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'm not against Pine returning to the role, I'm saying the main reason to use a possession plot would be to use a new actor. If you're sticking with the same actor, and he's mostly going to look like himself, what's the value for the movie?
    I agree I dunno why they had to muddy the water with a body takeover. It was a magic wish. No reason he couldn't just have his own body and not have all the weirdness overly sensitive people will use to beat the horse to death with how much it outraged them

It was ok. But, given all the budget, it makes me wonder why they can't make something that doesn't at least feel coherent.

I did not like when Diana is flying to the final conflict and all of a sudden gets there with full armor. Huh? So, she turned back to town to go grab the armor and then went back to meet the villain? Not worth telling us?
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-12-28 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Someone doesn’t know much about what women deal with on a daily basis...
    Someone assumes a little too much
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2020-12-28 at 05:09 PM.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

just watched it....damn...this was really bad,i mean it was bad even by dc standards and thats really sad...i think gal gadot is amazing as wonder woman,and that theme is superb but the direction in this movie was just...nonsensical in so many ways,i dont even want to start listing stuff because ill be here all day

and this time people cant even use the ''REEEE YOU HATE WAMEN IZ Y U NO LIEK MOVI REEE''....because on this one even the rabbid fanatical feminist sites were not praising it....thats when you know you fucked it up real bad

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It was ok. But, given all the budget, it makes me wonder why they can't make something that doesn't at least feel coherent.

I did not like when Diana is flying to the final conflict and all of a sudden gets there with full armor. Huh? So, she turned back to town to go grab the armor and then went back to meet the villain? Not worth telling us?
    Pretty sure they show her digging out the armor (at least the helmet).

5+ Year Old Account
    says it all really, well, he didn't mention the music..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    apparently the director had a hand in the writing this time..heard that she will direct ww3 too, hopefully she won't be allowed to write...

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    It really didn't.
    No, it really did. Take it from someone who actually lived through it.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    No, it really did. Take it from someone who actually lived through it.
    I wonder if all these people who try to white-wash the 80's actually were alive then...loved the decade, but it had its bad sides..

I don't know how you can watch that movie. After the first 15 minutes I asked myself if I'd rather not stare directly at the sun instead. That was just plain ridiculous. Everything Everything was stupid. First one was meh, that one is just not worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I wonder if all these people who try to white-wash the 80's actually were alive then...loved the decade, but it had its bad sides..
    Yeah. Reagan wasn't a plus.
    However it was the last timeframe that felt any measure of hope when compared to more recent decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Someone doesn’t know much about what women deal with on a daily basis...
    literaly no woman faces what the movie showed,its a joke only the most fanatical sexists think is even remotely true

plenty of social experiments have been done showing that if a woman is being harased on the street,every dude in a 2 mile radius jumps to their defence

no woman is getting publicly gang harased by horny dudebros,because no1 is stupid enough to think thats gonna work

but ofc the people who wrote this movie are the same people who think a dude asking you for coffe in an elevator is equivalent to sexual assault (no joke look it up)

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    literaly no woman faces what the movie showed,its a joke only the most fanatical sexists think is even remotely true
    Akways amuses to find people that know so little about the social climate of the timeframe they complain about.
    Sexism as you refer to it, was and still is a thing. Guys look at women...that this is news to you seems to indicate that you need to get out more.