Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    1) For the most part that's not what was happening, it was just dudes checking out beautiful women.
    2) The 80's were a very different time.
    3) I never said everything was accurate, but pretending women don't get harassed on a regular basis is fucking laughable. Talk to women you know and ask them about it.
    trust me,i know a thing or two about women,my birth was literaly seen as a miracle in our family,i got 3 sisters,an aunt,ALL female cousins,niece,and both my grandma and grandpas siblings all had girls,i grew up around girls,i was the weird dude that played with barbie dolls growing up haha

and i never once heard ONE of them complain about getting harassed,and we are a fairly close family,i would have either been told or heard about it

in fact from my personal experience its been the oposite,i got my croch grabbed in school and in fucking daylight on the street by a girl i didnt even know,its the reason i stoped going to clubs in my teens,because contrary to popular belief,not every dude enjoys getting sexualy assaulted by women

if a dude did anything like that to a girl where i grew up....they would end up with something broken

also,did you watch the movie?there were HOARDS of men following diana and barbara harassing them MULTIPLE times,one dude wwas LITERALY begging barabra to fk him...

WOW that was very disapointing to watch... The movie is a combination of things that i like on paper, but put togheter so badly it was exhausting. Because it was at home and not at a cinema, i actually had trouble finishing the movie...

This script needed much, much more work. Wish granting story are hard to structure, you gotta actually put thoughs into it. Because like time travel you can eventually write yourself into a very shitty position. It often comes down to the author making some kind of hard reset ending. Im not saying id do a better job at it, but realisticly if you cant pull off your idea and make a logical story... you probably should not tell that kind of story. You could tell they had a decent idea, like Maxwell Lord, they wanted it to be chaos and stuff, so their premise was not bad. They just did not have the proper writters to do something as complex as this and have it make sense.

A lot of the scenes almost feels out of order... this needed much, much more editing. Theres a good chunk of absolutly useless scenes in there making the movie so god damn long and also taking places of scenes this story greatly needed.

Steve is just in too much of this. Look i fucking love Chris Pine, but we did not need him back and also if he was to come back he did not need to be this prominent. This movie needed to get rid of Steve faster and tell the actual story. Cheeta is just so god damn random. It would have been more interesting to see Diana struggle only against Maxwell. Kind of like making him her own lex luthor, except hes magic. Like there is some good ideas in there and there was certainly a way to make the premise amazing with these actors, they simply did not do this with this script.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Akways amuses to find people that know so little about the social climate of the timeframe they complain about.
    Sexism as you refer to it, was and still is a thing. Guys look at women...that this is news to you seems to indicate that you need to get out more.
    what the heck are you talking about?yes guys look at women,im talking about the sheer lunacy of the mass gang sexual harasment going on in the movie

Yeah, you really need to talk to your family considering you just made the claim that you were harassed more than they were. You actually said they were never harassed.
    im sure it happened,but it never was so bad that they needed to tell it to their family to whom they tell pretty much everything,and in no way did anyone ever get MASS GANG ASSAULTED like this movie tries so hard to show its normal lol

and yes,im 110% sure i and men get this more,because its socialy acceptable,when i was clubing,it was seen as normal for women to come and literaly sexualy assault men,but if a dude ever dared to touch a woman in a similar way,the bouncer kicked their ass out and called the cops,you really need a reality check

I've seen it happen before having grown up in Las Vegas. It's not nearly as uncommon as you seem to think. And, again, the 80s were even worse.
    Pretty sure he's not American...and damn sure wasn't around for the 80s.

Pretty sure he's not American...and damn sure wasn't around for the 80s.
    yeah im not from usa,where i grew up harasing women was never seen as cool or acceptable,but the other way around was free game

BUT,all the social experiments with women being harased and gangs of people showing up to defend them were filmed in usa

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yeah im not from usa,where i grew up harasing women was never seen as cool or acceptable,but the other way around was free game

BUT,all the social experiments with women being harased and gangs of people showing up to defend them were filmed in usa
    And with that we don't need to go any farther.

For the record, in the summer of 1984 I turned 19yrs old.

And with that we don't need to go any farther.

For the record, in the summer of 1984 I turned 19yrs old.
    thats cool granny,so how many women have you seen getting gang sexualy harased on mass by legions of horny dudebros everytime they dared exist their home?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats cool,so how many women have you seen getting gang sexualy harased on mass by legions of horny dudebros everytime they dared exist their home?
    I didn't see any, therefore it doesn't happen? Also Holy Exaggerating Jesus. "Gang harassed", ""on mass", "legion" and "every time"? What else you want to add to that?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-12-28 at 05:47 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I didn't see any, therefore it doesn't happen?
    well considering the movie presents it as a daily occurance even for women seen as ''ugly'' how does it not get seen?

*shrugs*
    You get the occasional drunk late at night...but then that seems to have always been a thing for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't see any, therefore it doesn't happen? Also Holy Exaggerating Jesus. "Gang harassed", ""on mass", "legion" and "every time"? What else you want to add to that?
    I figured in his language one equaled a gang...

uhm...did you watch the movie?

- - - Updated - - -

*shrugs*
    You get the occasional drunk late at night...but then that seems to have always been a thing for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

I figured in his language one equaled a gang...
    did you actualy see the movie?there were literal gangs of duded harasing them,yeah...one got more in her face but on multiple ocations multiple dudes were yelling at them,and one dude was pretty much begging barbara for it

I've seen it happen before having grown up in Las Vegas. It's not nearly as uncommon as you seem to think. And, again, the 80s were even worse.
    I'm american, grew up in the timeframe, and never saw anything like this in Florida. I don't doubt that it happened in Vegas or NY though, on some level, but applying it to the entire era is misguided I think. The movie was just full of tropes like that though, so more of a "whatever" for me than offensive on a big level. I don't think it was her trying to make a point, just that she didn't really know how to develop male characters very much. The little girl call outs were pandering I'd say, but not on an offensive level for me either.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'm american, grew up in the timeframe, and never saw anything like this in Florida. I don't doubt that it happened in Vegas or NY though, on some level, but applying it to the entire era is misguided I think. The movie was just full of tropes like that though, so more of a "whatever" for me than offensive on a big level. I don't think it was her trying to make a point, just that she didn't really know how to develop male characters very much. The little girl call outs were pandering I'd say, but not on an offensive level for me either.
    i dont think they cared much about ''developing male characters'',literaly every dude besides wonder womans love interest,kids and that one homeless guy,were all some form of,sexual haraser,asshole,obvious rapist,or power crazy murderous lunatic

*shrugs*
    The one guy just seemed odd. He wasn't sexually harassing her, it was pre-cheetah. He was mocking her for being bad in heels, which then escalated and kept going, as this drunk guy in a business suit got to her, while she just sort of stood there waiting for it. Sure she's bad in heels (which she even takes off right after...), but she couldn't outpace big drunk random guy from across the way? The entire thing was just "off" for me, a mishandling of a stupid trope, not some offense aimed at men.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The odd thing with this is that it doesn't make sense from a filming perspective either. If you couldn't get the original actor back, then maybe you do a "he's in this guys body" to use the new actor while maintaining some cohesion. But, they didn't, they just overrode the guy and filmed with Steve. There was no interaction where someone recognized the guy as the guy instead of Steve, there was no point to it at all. Maybe to get the apartment/ wardrobe? This way they could film him trying on this other guys clothes instead of doing it in a store? Hell, why would this guy have such a wide range of clothing styles anyway?

It's just utterly pointless, really.
    A lot of choices such as those are suspect. It was definitely done for the scenes. They wanted so bad to force a fish out of water section for Steve... and ironically by the time you get to Steve being back in the story, the movie had moved on from being an 80s film. It really only held that concept for the opening scene and dropped it immediately for clumsy melodrama.

The one guy just seemed odd. He wasn't sexually harassing her, it was pre-cheetah. He was mocking her for being bad in heels, which then escalated and kept going, as this drunk guy in a business suit got to her, while she just sort of stood there waiting for it. Sure she's bad in heels (which she even takes off right after...), but she couldn't outpace big drunk random guy from across the way? The entire thing was just "off" for me, a mishandling of a stupid trope, not some offense aimed at men.
    Well...it was just one guy...and not legions...and that seemed more likely late at night. The little girl thing seemed more aligned with how WW would think because of how she was raised.

That's my biggest problem with the movie. It was very tropee. Like the guys robbing the mall that try throw a kid off a balcony because "I'm not going back there!" it was very formulaic and all been done before and felt like a Saturday morning cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How does it contradict the mythology?
    See first post I wrote about Diana not really having a functioning moral compass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    See first post I wrote about Diana not really having a functioning moral compass.
    So I take it her comic book origins aren't relevant? Because Steve Trevor was a major influence in the comics.