would be hel(ya)la funny if they put in another bridge 3 boss raid with helya as the final boss

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Presumably to force some variety. Not to mention that by not having the specific calling to fill the bar up the treasures feel more special as they are not up all the time.
    I'm really not a fan. If people have the option to do anything within a zone then they can pick their own variety (or not) depending on where their mood takes them.

It's not a big deal by any means, but it doesn't feel good.

I would like to know why aren't we allowed to catch up on the Torghast rescue questline and instead are forced to do just one quest per week no matter where on the chain we are. The quest is currently on Thrall but if you started late you literally can't reach the current final quest unless you wait a few weeks. You're behind no matter what. It's bad and makes zero sense.

Also Torghast is not what it was advertised to be. It's a complete non-entity, a glorified weekly and not something you so for fun. You go to Torghast ONCE a week to do the last layer for soul ash and there's literally no reason to stay there. Because there are no rewards for doing finished layers, also the number of layers is limited. You can't push forward even if you wanted. There is no climb of any kind involved at all. "Endless dungeon" my foot. Not good.
    Last edited by bagina; 2020-12-27 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    I would like to know why aren't we allowed to catch up on the Torghast rescue questline and instead are forced to do just one quest per week no matter where on the chain we are. The quest is currently on Thrall but if you started late you literally can't reach the current final quest unless you wait a few weeks. You're behind no matter what. It's bad and makes zero sense.

Also Torghast is not what it was advertised to be. It's a complete non-entity, a glorified weekly and not something you so for fun. You go to Torghast ONCE a week to do the last layer for soul ash and there's literally no reason to stay there. Because there are no rewards for doing finished layers, also the number of layers is limited. You can't push forward even if you wanted. There is no climb of any kind involved at all. "Endless dungeon" my foot. Not good.
    Endless Halls is the thing that was supposed to be done for fun, or at least the only one completely removed from any actual power gains, meaning that players will do it only if they want the cosmetic rewards.

Also Torghast is pretty much exactly what it was advertised, the only thing it is really lacking is enough variety to make runs distinct.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The endless mode is not in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Im expecting us to get something like
    Uther for the kyrian soulbind
    Draka
    Ysera
    Etc
    I for one am certainly looking forward to the new Elite Tauren Chieftain soulbind for Venthyr. :P

Im expecting us to get something like
    Uther for the kyrian soulbind
    Draka
    Ysera
    Etc
    If we go by "Dead character from Azeroth who still has their body and was an important part of campaign" that would leave Kael for Venthyr.

I would like to know why aren't we allowed to catch up on the Torghast rescue questline and instead are forced to do just one quest per week no matter where on the chain we are.
    I was told it's actually (at least in terms of catchup) based on Ve'nari rep, I definitely did two of those quests in a row, the Jaina rescue and the one before - I could then see the followup, but my friend who doesn't play that often and hates the Maw could not.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If we go by "Dead character from Azeroth who still has their body and was an important part of campaign" that would leave Kael for Venthyr.
    yeah
    then we get 1 for 9.2 being
    paragon of courage or whatever her name is
    mograine
    new bear bro
    the accuser or prince depending on how the storyline of denathrius goes

9.3 we jsut get the leaders because by then we will have rescued the primus from torghast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Endless Halls is the thing that was supposed to be done for fun, or at least the only one completely removed from any actual power gains, meaning that players will do it only if they want the cosmetic rewards.

Also Torghast is pretty much exactly what it was advertised, the only thing it is really lacking is enough variety to make runs distinct.
    Add to that, not everyone does the last layer first and thats that, presuming thats everyone's experience.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Add to that, not everyone does the last layer first and thats that, presuming thats everyone's experience.
    when does endless unlock

10+ Year Old Account
    They haven't said specifically when but I think it was a few weeks ago it said it would unlock soon. If not this week maybe January. I don't know, I am curious how.....grueling it will be though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They haven't said specifically when but I think it was a few weeks ago it said it would unlock soon. If not this week maybe January. I don't know, I am curious how.....grueling it will be though.
    i thought it unlocked during mythic week but i think after blizzard saw how torghast was originally received and how much they slowed gearing down then it is possible that they decided to postpone it for a bit

I expect them to add at least one hundred new anima powers come the first patch, if not a couple hundred. What we have right now is pretty slim pickings, and 99% of the choices don't really change how you play in a meaningful way or in a way I would consider "fun".

I would also love a change up in layer aesthetic as well. The maw aesthetic is just as bad, if not worse, than fel shit everywhere.

I’m fairly sure it’s tied directly to the end of the “rescue” quests, so it may open this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I’m fairly sure it’s tied directly to the end of the “rescue” quests, so it may open this week.
    10 vivify dps abilities with the vivify conduit ������������������

Who thinks that we'll get Venthyr playable race?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Who thinks that we'll get Venthyr playable race?
    We will get all 4 playable

Venthyr
    Ascended
    Sylvan
    Lich

We will get all 4 playable

Venthyr
    Ascended
    Sylvan
    Lich
    Third Faction please

Well, I planned to post this anyway, but as the current discussion is on that topic anyway (read: it was mentioned) here's my concept for/thoughts on playable Covenant races:

They would not be like Allied Races, but "Hero" Races - meaning you can't simply create a character of that "race" (remember the original plan for Death Knights?)
    However, I'll call them "Ascended" (yes I know this term is already used for a specific type of Kyrian, but it just fits so well)

There would be no simple character creation: after the general "recruitment" quest (per Covenant, requiring max Renown) earning you the right to assume their form (but also still do all the other stuff outside the Shadowlands that regular mortals do), you would be able to ascend your existing level 60+ character into one of:
    • Bastion Kyrian, with a special "mount" ability, growing wings to fly (same restrictions as the Worgen racial, just as a flying mount)
    • Maldraxxus Chosen, or "Gladiators" per sound file names, but they only appear as members of the House of the Chosen anyway (or as Prime guards) Either name is somewhat misleading as a race name, possible alternatives would be: Maldraxxian, Krexian, or something unique Blizzard comes up with.
      Both genders use the respective Kul Tiran/Rexxar skeleton - while they all wear helmets, we got a shot of the spiked face of Krexus in the Afterlives cinematic. All of these races would need additional work to be playable anyway, like the Nightborne, so adding faces for the Chosen would just be another part of that.
    • Ardenweald Sylvar (faun) although I hope without the running animation
    • Revendreth Venthyr

For all but the Sylvar it is confirmed that the rank and file are the souls of mortals, given new form, and I have at least seen nothing that would contradict the same assumption for the Sylvar. It is implied that the NPCs you see in Soulshape forms are mortals that were assigned to or chose Ardenweald to further serve nature.
    Lorewise, your character would undergo that transformation process as well.
    (Most other races in the Covenants are instead native creatures or constructs of the Shadowlands, e.g. Stoneborn are stone infused with Anima, Faeries grow from the ground, as mentioned in a quest/dialogue)

The four Ascended races might be split between Horde and Alliance:
    - the warlike nature of the Necrolords would put them close to the Orcs and Trolls, and prominent members such as Draka and Vashj have indirect ties to the Horde, and the Scourge theme of course brings them in comparison to the Forsaken, not to mention looking similar to Mok'Nathal; Venthyr are similarly alike to Blood Elves and Nightborne.
    - the "noble" nature of the Kyrians, while not Light-users per se, and their general appearance, would pair them with Humans, and the Sylvari, two-legged Dryads, would of course be a match for Night Elves, while being visually similar to Draenei.

Or you simply retain your current faction for any Ascended race.

I wouldn't be surprised that the only way to become one of those races would be via ingame methods, no race change into them available, but out of them as well, you have to give up your ascended status ingame (restoring your previous race), with certain cooldowns/limitations. On the other hand, since race change is a paid service, I guess it should always be possible to change into another regular race that way, forfeiting any Ascended status.
    Faction change is still possible, if races are divided by faction, then you can either choose one of the other two Ascended, or (if not unlocked) a regular race of that faction.

Another facet is Covenant membership:
    • As this will only become available towards the end of Shadowlands, the lore aspect of a Kyrian in the Necrolord Covenant could be ignored, or the story of the expansion might even explicitly allow this - all Covenant Campaigns except the Night Fae ones have overlap and interactions with the other Covenants, rebuilding trust and alliances. Would also eliminate issues with race changes.
    • On the other hand, it could be argued that these races are perks of the Covenant system, and at the end of the expansion (and later ones) it doesn't matter that you're locked into the Covenant of your Ascended race. Covenant armor would be the equivalent of the Heritage armor (possibly with access to a new tint) as you won't be able to use the Heritage armor of your original race. The Covenant Signature Ability (Summon Steward, Fleshcraft, Soulshape, Door of Shadows) would be a racial, available outside the Shadowlands (you don't believe we will keep these abilities after this expansion, right?)

Druid forms are another issue, but as you lore-wise still retain your original race, those forms would remain - possibly with additional NPC beast options from corresponding Shadowlands zones (Bastion/Maldraxxus/Ardenweald/Revendreth) such as:
    Bear Form: M: Skullboar, A: Ardentoad, R: Gargon
    Cat Form: B: Larion, A: Runestalker, R: Darkhound
    Flight Form: B: Teroclaw/Etherwyrm, M: Plagueroc, A: Ardenmoth, R: Dredbat
    Travel Form: B: Owl Steeds, M: Tauralus, A: Dreamrunner/Runestag, R: Sinrunner
    Moonkin Form: B: Steward, R: Stoneborn - difficult row
    (just the basic appearances in some colors, no further adjustments - italic = quite unlikely, even in my opinion)
    This doesn't have to be complete, could be just 1-2 options per Covenant for different Forms.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2020-12-29 at 02:00 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.