10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sounds like just another rally.
    He’s gotta squeeze every last dime out of them to cover his upcoming legal battles.

The problem isn’t just that Trump is a moron, it’s that there are people somehow even dumber than him.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    He’s gotta squeeze every last dime out of them to cover his upcoming legal battles.

The problem isn’t just that Trump is a moron, it’s that there are people somehow even dumber than him.
    I literally don't get it. He's the most obvious conman in the history of conmen. You can smell his grift from a mile away (and probably his BO too.) How the fuck are people dumb enough to fall for it?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    The
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I literally don't get it. He's the most obvious conman in the history of conmen. You can smell his grift from a mile away (and probably his BO too.) How the fuck are people dumb enough to fall for it?
    Tell them to be afraid of enough things and that you’re the only way to stop it, and unfortunately they’ll believe anything.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I guess dumbfuck thinks he'll somehow win the Presidency on Jan 6th:

See you in Washington, DC, on January 6th. Don’t miss it. Information to follow!

To quote one of the guys I worked with at the airport a few years ago . . . "fuckin' retard."
    And there is a lot of supporters that are dead set on thinking that if the House or Senate members refuse to certify that they think they can just hand it to Trump. They can't. This day is only there for if there is a tie of 269 to 269, then congress does the voting to see who wins. Anything else, it certifies for one person or the other. There is nothing these dumbasses can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    And there is a lot of supporters that are dead set on thinking that if the House or Senate members refuse to certify that they think they can just hand it to Trump. They can't. This day is only there for if there is a tie of 269 to 269, then congress does the voting to see who wins. Anything else, it certifies for one person or the other. There is nothing these dumbasses can do.
    They can... a bit over a week after blocking 2k payments that Trump demanded... show which part of Trump they support, by tossing a fit at the election. I’m sure Fox News and YouTube centrist will have a field day covering up, how these same GOP house members, went against Trump when it came to direct payment increase to American people... but, were on board to steal the election from American people...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I guess dumbfuck thinks he'll somehow win the Presidency on Jan 6th:

See you in Washington, DC, on January 6th. Don’t miss it. Information to follow!

To quote one of the guys I worked with at the airport a few years ago . . . "fuckin' retard."
    Taking bets on what the next conspiracy theory is. Deep State Big Foot fighting along with Loch Ness Antifa as Elvis gives them all +1 to all their saving throws by playing a banjo.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Taking bets on what the next conspiracy theory is. Deep State Big Foot fighting along with Loch Ness Antifa as Elvis gives them all +1 to all their saving throws by playing a banjo.
    After that, all hope will be on the 20th. After that, the campaign will shift from ‘stop the steal’, to ‘take back what is ours’. Oooohh... after 20th, Trump will have all new merch to sell... this time with ‘take it back’... that should help with his debt.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    While Trump passed the larger spending bill (the "disaster" he still signed) he vetoed the defense bill because it didn't censor Twitter.

No, really.

The House and Senate are, therefore, put in the position of overriding it.

"Didn't the NDAA pass with ridiculous votes in both chambers?"

Why yes it did, 335-78 and 84-13.

So the question is, now that it has been vetoes, which Party of Trump members are going to flip their vote and attempt to let the veto stand, meaning that they will become the reason the NDAA doesn't pass, and that defense doesn't get funded?

"You really think it won't pass?"

I kind of do, yes. Or, this might be like the tax cut for the rich -- a few token GOP members were allowed to vote "no" once they cleared the votes needed to pass. But yeah, I think we'll see a sudden change of heartless and our men and women in uniform will get a Christmas present of no paycheck.

While Trump passed the larger spending bill (the "disaster" he still signed) he vetoed the defense bill because it didn't censor Twitter.

No, really.

The House and Senate are, therefore, put in the position of overriding it.

"Didn't the NDAA pass with ridiculous votes in both chambers?"

Why yes it did, 335-78 and 84-13.

So the question is, now that it has been vetoes, which Party of Trump members are going to flip their vote and attempt to let the veto stand, meaning that they will become the reason the NDAA doesn't pass, and that defense doesn't get funded?

"You really think it won't pass?"

I kind of do, yes. Or, this might be like the tax cut for the rich -- a few token GOP members were allowed to vote "no" once they cleared the votes needed to pass. But yeah, I think we'll see a sudden change of heartless and our men and women in uniform will get a Christmas present of no paycheck.
    If that happens then the Democrats should spend every dollar in Georgia to put out ads screaming that not only does Trump but also Republicans not care about our Soldiers getting their pay or that America is still dealing with an attack by Russia. That Republicans sold out our soldier and America's safety to bend the knee to Trump. That you and all America are now less safe because Republicans are subservient to an obese Cheetos dusted con man.

*Breaking News*

2 year old child throws tantrum then signs Covid Bill anyways. He didn't do it for no negotiations, well he didn't shit. Trump just did it cause "he's mad he lost the election" (in your baby voice).

Thanks again people for electing this guy in the first place and almost again a 2nd time around. Finding out someone is a Huge PoS the first 4 years was almost not enough.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Today's Guess the Speaker! is a lesson on how to read between the lines.

The states are very often given a considerable amount of leeway in doing things the way they want to do it, as opposed to in response to federal mandates, which are, relatively, rarely given.

What we’ve had was a considerable disparity with states doing things differently in a nonconsistent way, There have been a lot of factors that have led to the fact that, unfortunately for us, the United States has been the hardest-hit country in the world, but I believe that disparity among how states do things has been a major weakness in our response.

What we see is somewhat of a politicization, where ... things like the wearing of masks become a political statement, where ... keeping away from crowds becomes a political statement, that has made it very problematic as we’ve dealt with this unprecedented and historic outbreak.

Until we get that veil of protection, then we are constantly going to be challenged
    "That's Fauci, isn't it?"

Correct.

"What's the message between the lines?"

Let's ask the other posters in this very thread!

- - - Updated - - -

Only in Trump's America is such a headline depressingly standard:

Lawmakers 'relieved' Trump signed Covid relief bill his team negotiated

Oh, y'all forgot that, didn't you? Yeah the WH helped negotiate while Trump was either hiding in his bunker, or golfing. Or, I guess technically both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Jake Trapper holding back no punches in the waning moments of this SHITSHOW.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cnns...y-spar-2020-12

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    All it took was people flattering him for a few days and he decided it was a good bill to sign.
    I mean, he called it a disgrace, so I don't think that's true. I think he was told "your own party will block you from getting anything more".

Unlike the NDAA which is just "fuck everyone".

10+ Year Old Account
    Lawmakers 'relieved' Trump signed Covid relief bill his team negotiated

Oh, y'all forgot that, didn't you? Yeah the WH helped negotiate while Trump was either hiding in his bunker, or golfing. Or, I guess technically both.
    You are, of course, joking about Trump being in a bunker on a golf course, but do we really want to rule out the idea of Trump being on a golf course in his bunker?

If he had one installed in the White House proper, what do you want to bet that he had one installed in the bunker, as well?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You are, of course, joking about Trump being in a bunker on a golf course, but do we really want to rule out the idea of Trump being on a golf course in his bunker?
    Actually a situation I hadn't counted on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump flip flops on everything constantly.
    Also true. That's the problem with Trump -- no matter what he says, you need to wait 24 hours. I'm fairly sure there are several pages of "Trump was just joking" in the Trump Shitshow thread.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Jake Trapper holding back no punches in the waning moments of this SHITSHOW.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cnns...y-spar-2020-12
    Love that guy. So glad at least some people are continuing to call out their bullshit.

I bet she's hoping to be the Head of Network for the Trump Channel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also true. That's the problem with Trump -- no matter what he says, you need to wait 24 hours. I'm fairly sure there are several pages of "Trump was just joking" in the Trump Shitshow thread.
    I feel, this above most things, is one of the leading reasons why a lot of the Super-Pro Trump posters here have kinda just... scuttled? Like yeah you still have Conservatives/Contrarians in other threads, but the amount of directly defending and supporting Trump himself had begun dwindling when the guy's moral grandstanding proved to be wholly unreliable.

Like it's hard to support his rhetoric when he goes back on it within the next 72 hours, or what he doesn't clarify himself on sounds so appalling that they need to anoint themselves as translators to make people think he's not evil or stupid. At some point I figured the charade got too exhausting to keep up with - for genuine believers and trolls both - so they just don't bother to anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I feel, this above most things, is one of the leading reasons why a lot of the Super-Pro Trump posters here have kinda just... scuttled? Like yeah you still have Conservatives/Contrarians in other threads, but the amount of directly defending and supporting Trump himself had begun dwindling when the guy's moral grandstanding proved to be wholly unreliable.

Like it's hard to support his rhetoric when he goes back on it within the next 72 hours, or what he doesn't clarify himself on sounds so appalling that they need to anoint themselves as translators to make people think he's not evil or stupid. At some point I figured the charade got too exhausting to keep up with - for genuine believers and trolls both - so they just don't bother to anymore.
    They’re certainly still around, they simply seem to be silent about all things trump. The only excuse I’ve seen them levy is that “they get ganged up on” for supporting trump. Which, of course, is them trying to save face for being unable to support even half the shit trump does or pulls, and them basically storming out of the thread in impotent anger but still thinking that “deep down I’m still right!”
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Watching c-span actually shocked by the amount of republicans over-riding trump's veto on the defense bill.

Just watched Underwood vote yay while she also voted for my congressperson who is voting yay. Not shocked by those two votes, cause duh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Watching c-span actually shocked by the amount of republicans over-riding trump's veto on the defense bill.

Just watched Underwood vote yay while she also voted for my congressperson who is voting yay. Not shocked by those two votes, cause duh.
    It's a no win situation for the GOP: either they vote against Trump, or they vote against the military.