Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed. The script and overall plot theme was terrible. Nothing Jenkins could really do about that without a complete rewrite. Not her fault, either.
    Why wasn't it Jenkins' fault? She has the top story and screenwriting credits for the film.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Why wasn't it Jenkins' fault? She has the top story and screenwriting credits for the film.
    She shares writing credits with two others. And she didn't in the first one. She also wrote the script for Monster - which was fucking amazing, and she solo wrote.

The shared credit for writing means she was brought in to fix it as best she could, given what seems to amount to shit to start with. Directors who don't usually write scripts but then get credit typically mean they were trying to fix something after shooting began, and it was going badly.

And she's not normally a writer/director, having only done it once (with Monster) and specifically not having done it for the first WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Someone doesn’t know much about what women deal with on a daily basis...
    Just look at what the women on this website deal with every day, in the year of our lord 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    No, it really did. Take it from someone who actually lived through it.
    So did I.

People still cat-call now.

I don't understand your point. Its a badly written scene like the majority of the film.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Just look at what the women on this website deal with every day, in the year of our lord 2020.
    Jenkins had to threated to walk away if she wasn't paid the same as other similar directors doing this kind of high-end sequel work. And I wonder what Gadot got for this.... Same as others?

I've heard it's awful, but I enjoyed the first one so I'll probably give it a chance.

That was really really bad. So much of it made absolutely no sense. That was easily the worst DC movie in a long time, rivaling heavy hitters like Green Lantern in my opinion.
    At no point in the movie was there any sort of flow.

Now let's get Bruce Wayne banging some random chick's body a dead ex love interest's "soul" took over so we can here the woke crowds cry rape.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I've heard it's awful, but I enjoyed the first one so I'll probably give it a chance.
    Be ready for some disappointment. The first one is MUCH better. The writing on the second one is awful, to say the least. Still worth seeing IMO.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-12-28 at 11:01 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    That was really really bad. So much of it made absolutely no sense. That was easily the worst DC movie in a long time, rivaling heavy hitters like Green Lantern in my opinion.
    At no point in the movie was there any sort of flow.

Now let's get Bruce Wayne banging some random chick's body a dead ex love interest's "soul" took over so we can here the woke crowds cry rape.
    Not to derail, but what exactly was wrong with the Green Lantern film? Or was the superhero story itself just not plausible for a decent film? I'm not trying to defend it or agree, just curious.

Not to derail, but what exactly was wrong with the Green Lantern film? Or was the superhero story itself just not plausible for a decent film? I'm not trying to defend it or agree, just curious.
    Been a while, but i remember the CGI being rather ugly and also the bad guy being that yellow infected ugly guy with tumor on his face, it was mostly boring. It was like a movie that was a commercial for the real film coming next. Sinestro is in the film, but is not the bad guy... okay guys. Hey he put the yellow ring on in the credits! Make a fucking good film first. It was made at the beginning of that ERA where everything had to be a franchise. So it pretty much only existed to be a teaser for the second one.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2020-12-29 at 12:06 AM.

The shared credit for writing means she was brought in to fix it as best she could, given what seems to amount to shit to start with. Directors who don't usually write scripts but then get credit typically mean they were trying to fix something after shooting began, and it was going badly.

And she's not normally a writer/director, having only done it once (with Monster) and specifically not having done it for the first WW.
    That's not how writing credits work for movies. I specifically noted she was listed first. The person listed first is the one who is considered to have written the most. There are rules dictated by the screenwriting guild for credits.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    That's not how writing credits work for movies. I specifically noted she was listed first. The person listed first is the one who is considered to have written the most. There are rules dictated by the screenwriting guild for credits.
    That sounds pretty specific. Can you link anything to confirm that particular rule?

Because something went wrong, and Jenkins is a known quantity for both directing and writing. WW84 got fucked six ways to Sunday, and a lot of that was in the script/plot.

- - - Updated - - -

Jenkins also had different Photography Directors and Film Editors from Wonder Woman, which could dramatically affect the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    It's really, really bad

Not her fault, either.
    She is co-credited as a writer. So I don't know about that. Also directors get a lot of leeway with how they interpret the script.

I'm still think the movie was heavily recut for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I give it a 6.7 out of ten, not great not terrible but nothing like the first one.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    She is co-credited as a writer. So I don't know about that. Also directors get a lot of leeway with how they interpret the script.

I'm still think the movie was heavily recut for some reason.
    I agree - something weird happened this time around. Her talent level doesn't equate to the final product. Different writers, different editors, etc. I'm not saying she's not to blame - but at the same time she is a known quantity while a lot of other things changed this time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by topitopi View Post
    It's really, really bad
    No, Gigli is really, really bad. This just didn't measure up to the quality of the first one. Let's keep some perspective here.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats cool granny,so how many women have you seen getting gang sexualy harased on mass by legions of horny dudebros everytime they dared exist their home?
    Quite a few, actually, kiddo. I also say gay people disowned by their parents for telling them they were gay, and saw black people discriminated against just for being black, and people being harrassed and attacked just because they did or didn't believe in the same religious figure as other people did.

I was a teenager in the 80's, and I saw a lot of things you do not and will never know anything about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    So did I.

People still cat-call now.

I don't understand your point. Its a badly written scene like the majority of the film.
    The point was people were saying "women never got harrassed like that in the 1980s." And I'm saying yes it did, and I saw it. What is so hard to understand about that? The way the film or scene is written matters about as much as the color clothes the writer had on when they wrote it. The point is that women have been harrassed like that since I've been alive, and I was alive in the 70's, and 80's, and 90's, and 2000's, and 2010's.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Akways amuses to find people that know so little about the social climate of the timeframe they complain about.
    Sexism as you refer to it, was and still is a thing. Guys look at women...that this is news to you seems to indicate that you need to get out more.
    Not trying to be dishonest here, but your sexism bit is followed by a remark on men looking at women.

Are you implying that looking at attractive people is sexist?

That sounds pretty specific. Can you link anything to confirm that particular rule?

Because something went wrong, and Jenkins is a known quantity for both directing and writing. WW84 got fucked six ways to Sunday, and a lot of that was in the script/plot.

- - - Updated - - -

Jenkins also had different Photography Directors and Film Editors from Wonder Woman, which could dramatically affect the finished product.
    Monster is a true story/based on a true story while Wonder Woman is not. " In June 2017, during an interview with Variety, comic book writer Geoff Johns revealed that he and Jenkins had started writing the treatment for a Wonder Woman sequel and that he had a "cool idea for the second one"." She's been in on it since the beginning.

This is the writer's guild manual: https://www.wga.org/uploadedfiles/cr...s_manual10.pdf

On page 25: "Generally, the most substantial contributor is entitled to first position credit."

There are circumstances where that may not be true, but it wouldn't be for a film someone is proud of.